Sleep, and your time of birth.

buckytom

Grill Master
my wife's cousin has been a nurse for many years, working in all types of jobs that a nurse can do. from the e.r. to a school nurse, she's done it all for more than 4 decades.

one interesting thing that she noticed, and has done some informal surveys on, is that people tend to either get better sleep, or get very tired and need to sleep or nap at the same time of the day that they were born.

at first i thought she was just being silly, but then i thought about when i sleep. i knew that i was born at 6:15am, and interestingly enough, i find that i can stay up all night, and so long as i get a hour or two of sleep between 5 and 7am, i feel at least somewhat rested. if i don't, then i'm dragging from exhaustion all day.

so, when were you born, and when do you get your best sleep?

chowhound

so, when were you born, and when do you get your best sleep?

Does almost dozing off while reading this count?
:lol:

I was born around 7:00 AM. I usually feel like a nap around 1:00 PM, but of course that isn't always possible. I probably get my "best" sleep shortly after I go to bed, which is around 10-11 at night. Around 3:00 AM I start waking up and dozing back off until I get up shortly after 5.
I'm not sure where this fits in with your wife's cousin's study, but that's my sleep habits.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was born at 9:10am or therebouts. I'm up a little after 4am most mornings, I'm sleepy after lunch time 2pm er so.

Maybe I better double check my birthtime ...something doesn't fit. :D

Angie

Born at 3:45PM...Have chronic insomnia...not sure when I sleep the best, but I get up at 5:45 every morning and try to go to bed before 10. I do like my sleep, that's for sure.

I will say that I feel that I work my best (concentrate) around 3pm.

jkath

lol.

ok, flyboys and those born in a litter do not count.

anyone else? anyone? buehler?
:yum:

I was born in the mid-5pm slot. I don't get sleepy, but does snackiness count?

My 16-year old was born just after 1am, and if it were up to him, he wouldn't go to sleep till then. My 13-year old was born around 8am, and he's already finishing his first class by then. I ought to ask him if he's awake during spanish :shifty:

homecook

I was born at 3:34am. Half the time I'm getting up then or just going to bed. I only sleep 3-5 hours a night/day it doesn't matter when it is. I don't really have a "good sleep" time.

To ask my mother she says I never slept as a baby either nor took naps. Do you think I have gestational insomnia?? :ohmy:

Barb

PanchoHambre

I have no idea what time I was born.. I think morning

I get my best sleep in meeting presentations.

powerpoint is better than Ambien

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Auntie....I was born around noon....and on days when I don't have to get up for work, I sleep best between 4am & 6am

heb1976

i have no clue what time i was born ... around 11AM or PM?????? MOM!!!!!

I get sleepy around 10AM & 5PM every day ... I start yawning and my eyes get tired. Then I get my second wind.

I can sleep 18 hours easy if you let me. I am not easy to get up in the morning at all ... I force myself to go to bed by midnight - would rather go to bed at around 3AM. I guess I sleep best whenever I fall asleep until the time I wake up.

Calicolady

I was born on a Sunday around 7pm.
But my fav time of day is early morning- 4am-5am all my life.
My body runs down around 2:30pm-4:30pm, which sucked in school, cause I'd always drift off in last class and wake to go to my afterschool job dragging my butt.
And my favorite day has always been Thursday-weekend anticipation, I think.

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I was born a couple of minutes before midnight but I think I get my best sleep after the sun comes up in the a.m. My oldest was born around 10 pm and it's true, she turns into a pumpkin at 10. Fisher was born around 1:30 am and that's about the time he would choose to go to bed if I let him choose! But it doesn't really apply to the other kids.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Bucky - You raise an interesting and complicated question. While I do not know what time of day I was born, I do get tired about the same times. I will check that out. The question is complicated because my Chocolate Lab feels that I need to get up at 5:00 Am on weekends. I suppost that I should check on his birth time as well. Oops - That is not when he is tired. Both labs can be asleep in a heartbeat.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol. right now i'd say "anyway".

i'd be having breakfast, then go for a walk, then go back to sleep in a sunny spot. what a life.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
hmmm. i was born sometime between 7:00 am and 7:30 am and the only real sleep i get is between 7am and 10am.