pizza movie

Guts

I am trying to upload a video clip that I made about pizza but I don't know how to do it. Can someone help I can e-mail the clip but when I try to load it from my desktop. It gives me this "pie going in.AVI:
Upload of file failed.'

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Guts, I don't know how to help you, but I'm going to report your post. Maybe one of the other off-line mods will pick up the notification and be able to help.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m not sure you can upload AVIs here, especially considering how big they tend to be. Even large BMPs and JPGs are denied due to size on a VB system.

Your best bet is to go to youtube and create an account there. Upload your vid to your youtube account, then post a link of it here.

buckytom

Grill Master
guts, we're waiting for an answer from doc as to what formats of video are supported, as well as resolution/file size.

that's if video is allowed at all. i'm not sure.

oh, doc...

Lefty

Yank
I dont think video is supported. I would as K suggested upload to youtube and share the link here. It would be the all around best answer for all.

Guts

thanks Bucky, and everyone for replying. I think Keltin's suggestion would probably be the easiest for me. I have never done anything with you to besides watch it. I guess it's time I learned I'll keep you posted on how I do and may need some help from some you that have uploaded to youtube.

The videos I made was the pizza coming off of the peel and removing the pizza from the stone. Sometimes people have trouble with these tasks. That's why I made these videos. If it works out. I may make others on how I make dough in dough balls and maybe stretching the dough, putting the dough on the peel and so on.

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, guts, try it again. the .avi association was just added ever so graciously by doc, so you should be good to go. up to 4.77 mb, that is.

and please post as many videos as you wish. i'm pizza making retarded, so i'd love to see your video expertise on it, especially when it comes to dough.

Guts

this is what I get when I try.

["Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."]

I'm entering these by hitting browse, and selecting the video just like I would for JPEG's pictures. I must be doing something wrong. I appreciate your help Bucky as far as the pizzas and dough go. I worked at an Italian restaurant when I was 16 years old and the Italians were the ones that showed me how to shape the pizza balls and I use the same techniques as they did in their deck ovens. One thing I do different than they did, I don't use yeast Almighty's comes from the flour itself with a cold fermentation process which takes days to do. But I do use what they call emergency doughs to make pizzas a same-day. It's really pretty simple. Not much to it flour, salt water optional oil and sugar depends on what style pizza you want to make. Anyway, I'll keep trying to get these up on the board. I would like to learn how to do that, if it is possible.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Guts, if the vid is less than 20 meg, email it to me at keltin_2002@yahoo.com and I'll post it to my youtube account with credit to you, then share the link here.

That's if you don't want to bother with your own yoututbe account right now. It's easy and free to get one, just have to jump through a few hoops. Honestly, Vimeo is even easier to get an account and upload your videos to, although youtube does a better job sorting everything.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Alternatively, Doc set up VBulleten to allow .AVI files this afternoon, would you please try again?

Thank You

Andy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, it works, but you better have a powerful codec. Honestly, AVI is NOT the wrapper for videos posted to a forum. It's typically uncompressed and HUGE! MP4 would be the better route.

The forum only allows 4.7 meg AVIs, and what I just uploaded is 1/2 that at 2 meg, and it is only 6 seconds long. So, you'll be lucky to get more than 10 seconds with typical compression on an AVI. It'll be better to go to youtube or Vimeo.

Last edited:

Guts

I tried it again with no luck. Keltin I may take you up on your offer. I would like to try to see if I can do it myself, so I can learn how to do it. I'm sorry it's early in the morning here and I'm leaving for Los Angeles is morning be back this afternoon. So on that I have to put this on hold for a day.

Guts

thanks to you all. I was able to open a You Tube account and upload the videos. What I've learned so far, I need to turn the sound off on the camera. No sense and all that noise in the background. sorry about that! now I know how to post YouTube I'll make some more pizza related videos. Homemade pizza is really easy and tastes much better than a lot of pizzerias. And 1000 times better than those frozen things they call pizza. I will have more to say about pizza later. I just like to thank all of you for your help. here are the videos I posted;

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220280#post220280

Kim