Saturday 8/13/11 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Something with ground beef (salisbury steak, burgers, meatballs or meatloaf), red potatoes and frozen mixed veggies.

What are your plans?

Carolina Cooking

:laugh: oh no brainer for me.
turkey or roast chicken or london broil.

I ate 2 chicken pot pies last night , not good , not homemade. But I was sick of throwing out defrosted food so I baked them. Surprised my BG didn't go sky high but it was 110.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We are going to my great niece's first birthday party, so I imagine it will be typical party fare. I'm in the process of making Calico Beans to take as our contribution.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:laugh: oh no brainer for me.
turkey or roast chicken or london broil.

I ate 2 chicken pot pies last night , not good , not homemade. But I was sick of throwing out defrosted food so I baked them. Surprised my BG didn't go sky high but it was 110.
So sorry about the wasted food. I had the same problem 2 years ago. We had a bad storm that knocked out the power for 4 days. I took a few months shopping sales and stocked the freezer and POOF all that money went in the garbage.

110 is very good.

Embryodad

Great to see peep up and about...

Peep..hope you are feeling better today!

Well...this day's supper will be Eggplant Casserole Mussaka. Yum!

Breakfast was so far Corned beef hash and a egg on top for DW.

I had cold Pizza for breakfast that DW brought from PA last night!

41b42baa.jpg

DW also bought Escarole. I am going to make Sccarole and beans to have with the eggplant.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I bought some Anaheim chiles the other day (not so easy to find here, since their real home is New Mexico), so I'm going to stuff them with something, probably rice, veggies and cheese, and then serve them alongside our leftover chicken.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Great to see peep up and about...

Peep..hope you are feeling better today!

DW also bought Escarole. I am going to make Sccarole and beans to have with the eggplant.
Thank you Jimmy. I still have a nagging lingering headache and my joints hurt. I wish it would rain and get it over with!!

The pizza looks yummy and now I have a wollie for eggplant parm and shcarole and beans (with lots of garlic and red pepper and bread to dip in the juice!).

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope you get to feeling better Peepers. Any rain in the forecast?

That sounds really good Karen. I hope you take some pics!

Have a good time JoeV! I'll bet those calico beans are awesome.

I can't wait to see the pics Jimmy! Sounds good!

I think we are going out to eat tonight to celebrate our anniversary so there's no cooking at Mama's house tonight.

Last edited:

Nancy-MD

Well happy anniversary, Mama! Enjoy your night out of the kitchen.

Feel better soon, Peep.

I will probably make the ham slice I had laid out for yesterday's supper. DH took one look at it and said "let's go to Olive Garden!" LOL He wasn't in the mood for that, I guess.
Think it will work again tonight for me? I still have to cook that ham slice! I could take two nights in a row out of the kitchen! Ha!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama and Nan. Rain is in the forecast from tonight till tuesday but we know how accurate the forecast can be. LOL

Have fun and enjoy your night out Joe and Mama.

Embryodad

Feel better soon, Peep.

I will probably make the ham slice I had laid out for yesterday's supper. DH took one look at it and said "let's go to Olive Garden!" LOL He wasn't in the mood for that, I guess.
Think it will work again tonight for me? I still have to cook that ham slice! I could take two nights in a row out of the kitchen! Ha!
peep...are you drinking a little more water.? That helps the joints sometimes, IMO.

It's gonna rain tonight and tomorrow. I can't wait!

Embryodad

Feel better soon, Peep.

Nancy...I had two ham slices once..and Tina and I were really not thinking of having it.
We ground it and Tina added I think bread crumbs and spices a little, and she made Ham Croquets. We had them with some white gravy she made, and I'll say, they were super delicious. I think she baked them, but I'm not really sure!
Shes out galavanting (shopping) with her friend so I can't ask her.

Ha Ha Ha ...Now I'm wishing for them.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken dinner fundraiser today.
Don't know if I'll stay and hang out to eat under the tent on the grounds, or bring it home with me.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken dinner fundraiser today.
Don't know if I'll stay and hang out to eat under the tent on the grounds, or bring it home with me.
That sounds good if it is nice weather. Enjoy your day out and chicken dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's supposed to be nice weather today Peeps, but there is a chance of some thundershowers later this evening.

homecook

I've got a stuffed turkey in the oven for tomorrow (for DH's belated b-day dinner) but some of it may be eaten tonight. lol Either that or we're going out for dinner. I've also got another turkey to be roasted tomorrow too.

homecook

I have a feeling once DH sees this he won't want to go out for dinner. :lol:

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 147

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Looking good HC.

I'll be watching the Packers beat up the Browns so maybe a hot dog and beer would be appropriate tonight.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Happy anniversary Mama! :clap:

Barb, that looks great!!!!

I'm doing grilled lamb steak, baked potato, and some other side.

Embryodad

I've got a stuffed turkey in the oven for tomorrow (for DH's belated b-day dinner) but some of it may be eaten tonight. lol Either that or we're going out for dinner. I've also got another turkey to be roasted tomorrow too.
Tell your Belated Birthday Man....Happy Belated Birthday from Jimmy & Tina from New fn Jersey!...

What a great Present. A Turkey!.... Absolutely Perfect!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin....Alabama is a lot closer :lol: You ought to try some of those bread sticks. You can parbake some of them and put them in the freezer and then finish baking them whenever you just want a couple for dinner.

homecook

Thanks Keltin and Jimmy! It's his b-day dinner every year.......it's just a pita it's in August! :bonk:

Ok, Mama, go to Alabama instead. I understand! :wink:

lilylove

Paul is camping this weekend so I can have whatever I want for dinner. I think I'm going to have either a baked tater with lots of butter, salt and bacon or fried taters with lots of onions, garlic and diced bacon. AND for dessert I'm going to have a box of WHOPPERS! :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin....Alabama is a lot closer :lol: You ought to try some of those bread sticks. You can parbake some of them and put them in the freezer and then finish baking them whenever you just want a couple for dinner.

Oh good idea. I don’t have all the ingredients, but I’ve got some running around to do tomorrow and will get everything and try them out tomorrow night.

How do I parbake these? What temp, how long, what should they look like when I pull them? Should I put the cookie sheet straight into the freezer from the oven after parbaking?

What cool idea!

And come on over! How do you & DH like your steak? I've got shrimp kabobs as well, forgot to mention those earlier. :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Salisbury steak, smashed red potatoes in jackets (butter, sour cream and ½ & ½), burgundy mushroom and onion gravy and frozen mixed vegetables.

081211_salisbury_steak.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Honestly Keltin. I've never done it but I would bake them at 350 for about 15 minutes and then freeze them on the baking sheet. Once frozen, I'd package them up in plastic. I don't think I would keep them longer than maybe 3 months. That's what I would do but maybe one of the more experienced bakers will come along with a better answer.