Ingredient Showcase ... Pork

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This is a Showcase of a single ingredient.

Each entry should revolve around the showcase ingredient.

There are no strict rules just a single dish or a meal involving the showcased ingredient.

When possible entry should include your recipe/instructions (or a link to your recipe) and a picture of your entry would be wonderful but not mandatory.

Let's have fun with this!!

And the star of this Showcase is ...

pork_Showcase.jpg

Ingredient Showcase ... Pork

Bone-in, boneless, roasts, chops, cutlets, sausages or any other form.

pork.jpg

Let's not forget

bacon.jpg

Last edited:

Deelady

Re: Ingredient Showcase ... Pork June 2011

Heres my pork showcase....Slow Cooker Carnita Tacos
I just simply quartered a large onion and placed it in the crock pot. Placed well seasoned country style pork ribs in and about a cups worth or Goya's Mojo Marinade. Cooked it on high for about 4 hrs until fall apart tender. Serve in flour or corn tortillas with favorite toppings.

Attachments

• food 653.jpg
    food 653.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 229

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Heres my pork showcase....Slow Cooker Carnita Tacos
I just simply quartered a large onion and placed it in the crock pot. Placed well seasoned country style pork ribs in and about a cups worth or Goya's Mojo Marinade. Cooked it on high for about 4 hrs until fall apart tender. Serve in flour or corn tortillas with favorite toppings.
That looks and sounds so good Dee!!

Your ribs look purty, Dee. I put mine in the pot late last night, with Asian Sesame w/ Ginger & Soy, & mandarin oranges. Mine look a little fatty :( I'll try one, & see how it tastes. If they're good, I might serve them w/ potstickers.

Deelady

Thank you Peeps and CC......CC I had to trim alot off fat on mine as well, I usually use a butt roast but I only had these on hand and hubby had a taste for tacos so I made due. I was origionally planning an Asian marinade for them as well to throw on the grill but between Hubby and the weather I guess it will have to wait till next time. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Breaded Boneless pork loin chops:
3/4 inch Chops pounded to thin a bit; then breaded and fried.

Breading:

Step 1 - Dredge flour: Unbleached AP flour (I also added a bit of each peanut flour, flaxseed meal & whhite whole wheat), ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend and poultry seasoning
Step 2 - Egg wash: Egg, milk (or buttermilk or plain water), ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, ground red pepper flakes
Step 3 - Crumbs: Panko or regular Unseasoned bread crumbs, Oregano, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, Ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, Ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Paprika, Thyme, Rosemary, Freshly grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses

Heat large cast iron pan and add about 1/4 inch peanut oil and heat till drop of water sizzles when added to oil.

Fry till golden on both sides and drain on a rack placed over a tray lined with brown paper bag.

061711_breaded_pork_chop_mac_cheese.jpg

Last edited:

Nancy-MD

Here's my recipe (more like a method) for pork chops in crimini mushroom and Vidalia onion gravy.

Bone-in center cut pork chops, as many as you need for your meal
1/2 of a carton of crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 slice Vidalia onion for each chop you have

Heat a large skillet with a lid on medium high heat, no oil.
Salt (kosher) and pepper (freshly ground black) the chops.
When a drop of water dances across the skillet, it is hot enough.
Put the seasoned chops in the hot, dry skillet and brown on both sides.

The darker you brown your chops, the darker your gravy will be.

When all the chops are browned, set aside and add a tiny bit of evoo in the pan to quickly saute the sliced mushrooms. Push mushrooms to the edges of the pan and add back the browned chops.

Cover each one with a slice of onion and redistribute the sauted mushrooms around.

Add just enough water to cover the pork chops and cover with a tight fitting lid.

Cook on low heat for an hour. If I have the very thin cut pork chops, I reduce the cooking time to 40-45 minutes.

When the cooking time is almost up, thicken the juices with a tablespoon or two of flour whisked into 1/2 c. water and add to the pan and combine thoroughly. Let everything cook together for a few minutes. Adjust S&P to the gravy if needed.

Attachments

• chops in onion mushroom gravy 002.jpg
    chops in onion mushroom gravy 002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 244

Deelady

Looks really great Ladies!

Peeps what kind of bread crumbs did you use tonight?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

That looks fantastic Nan!! Onions and mushrooms are perfect together!!

I used regular tonight because thats what DD grabbed (I just asked for crumbs).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Pork saltimbocca (boneless pork loin pounded thin, prosciutto, Swiss cheese, my AP seasoning, poultry seasoning rolled jelly roll fashion and secured with toothpicks then pan fried in butter).

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Sweet and sour pork and jasmine rice topped with green onions, sesame seeds and hot chili sesame oil.

picture.php

Last edited:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Here's my recipe (more like a method) for pork chops in crimini mushroom and Vidalia onion gravy.

Bone-in center cut pork chops, as many as you need for your meal
1/2 of a carton of crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 slice Vidalia onion for each chop you have

Heat a large skillet with a lid on medium high heat, no oil.
Salt (kosher) and pepper (freshly ground black) the chops.
When a drop of water dances across the skillet, it is hot enough.
Put the seasoned chops in the hot, dry skillet and brown on both sides.

The darker you brown your chops, the darker your gravy will be.

When all the chops are browned, set aside and add a tiny bit of evoo in the pan to quickly saute the sliced mushrooms. Push mushrooms to the edges of the pan and add back the browned chops.

Cover each one with a slice of onion and redistribute the sauted mushrooms around.

Add just enough water to cover the pork chops and cover with a tight fitting lid.

Cook on low heat for an hour. If I have the very thin cut pork chops, I reduce the cooking time to 40-45 minutes.

When the cooking time is almost up, thicken the juices with a tablespoon or two of flour whisked into 1/2 c. water and add to the pan and combine thoroughly. Let everything cook together for a few minutes. Adjust S&P to the gravy if needed.
That looks delicious!