Orgreenic Pans

massey1635

I am trying to get away from teflon fry pans. I do have several Calphalon stainless steel pans that I am now using more and more. Has anyone used the green "Orgreenic" fry pans you see advertised on TV? I see there are now blue pans that are ceramic or diamond, not sure, by Yoshi. What are they and are they safe to cook in? Do they give off toxic fumes if overheated? Do they peel? Thanks

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I only have two non stick pans myself both fry pans and use them daily. Now I got away from Teflon long ago as most don't hold up very long for me. I now cook with an induction stove so can use nothing that is aluminum so I have gone to Scanpan's CTX line which is PFOA free. I had them now for a couple of years and still look as the day I got them. I've seen these other before as my sister in law has a set and though they work I'm not sure how well they will hold up for the long haul. I do tend to be sceptical of most of these TV ads though.

Maybe it's just me, but why would anyone buy anything but iron to cook in?
I have non stick, stainless etc.....
By far the best skillets/pans I own are iron.
You can't beat these...a little more money, but they'll last you a lifetime.
http://www.debuyer.com/product.php?id=778&cat=63&lang=ENG

Maybe because iron pans are a pain in the ass to use for everyday cooking?

I have a few cast-iron pans that I love - for certain tasks. But for everyday, every dish cooking? No thanks! They're outrageously heavy - particularly for folks like me who have arthritis - & they're simply unwieldy for many tasks.

Sorry - but I'm of the school that there simply isn't ONE pan or implement or substance that covers all bases for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I saw those Yoshi Blue Diamond commercials and was wondering if they were any good myself so I checked out the reviews online. Most people who bought them weren't very impressed with them.

The orgreenic pans got much better reviews. Most folks really liked them. The main complaint they had was that they scratch easily so you have to be careful how you store them. They said as long as you follow the directions for seasoning them, they work just like the commercials. They say they come with a lifetime warranty even if it's your fault so you probably can't go wrong with trying it. Just my thoughts.

chilefarmer

I to see the new adds on TV, have wondered how good they really might be. But then again I am a cast iron and wooden spoon kinda guy. They sure make them look good though. CF:smile:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I bought one of the green pans. I've only used it twice, but so far I really like it. It's truly non-stick, stuff just slides around. We'll see how it holds up with time.