My dad is home!

cookingirl

:wave:Hi everyone..my dad came home from the hospital! The rehabs were full and he did not want a roomie at a place we didn't know about..His mind is back to normal..he was wiped out yesterday, but he slept good last night and he is just about back to his baseline..he is home with home services..PT yesterday, Nurse today, OT today and Pt tomorrow..so I think I can go back to work monday...I think I am more exhausted than him..now what can I cook for him?
my sea scallops did not come out good yesterday, don't know why, I usually cook them good..they were either raw in middle or tough,...didn;t do anything wrong..sauteed in butter and a tad olive oil..on med high under brown on each side..seemed raw, then really tough...they were fresh dry scallops, not frozen...
have haddock, salmon filet, and will get some hamburger--ground sirloin--for supper tonight, chicken in tomato sauce sunday or baked with sweet taters, and fish again tomorrow...with rice, and or mashed potatoes and veggies...
thank you all for your kindness, support, prayers and good wishes..
love you all,
Cyn:smile::heart::heart:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
That's great news!

He will be more comfortable in familiar surroundings.

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is great news CG. Congrats. So glad to hear he is recovering nicely. I bet you are more wore out than he is. Worry can do that to you. Perhaps let him pick what you'll cook for him. You never know what he'll be in the mood for. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be better than any hospital or rehab food. I agree with Jim, he will recoup better in his own surroundings. Having a roomie at rehab would suck. Best wishes for a quick recovery (as quick as possible anyway).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ohhhh, hugzzzzzz! so happy your Dad is alrigght & that he got to leave! as 4 the scallops, BTW, yeah, seafoods can be fussy, huh.......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thats fantastic news CG!! Now you can both get back to normal (or as close to normal for now) routines and relax.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's wonderful Cyn! It sounds like you have some very healthy and wonderful meals planned or y'all too!

cookingirl

thanks everyone..
Can I say again that I am really happy to find such a loving 'family'///
ok--I vent too much..
:fridge:

:applause::clap::kiss:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I take it that your father is staying with you, or lives with you, Cookingirl?

If so, I'm sending your BOTH strength and positive energies, as he recovers!

Take care of you, too!

Lee

cookingirl

Yes Lee, my dad and I live together in an apartment...he has his own bathroom, bedroom, electric lift chair, etc.....it is like a large, long great room (combo dining room, living room, with a balcony off of it-next to daddy's chair) bedrooms/bathrooms are off to either side so he has his 'wing' and I have mine...
You really don't realize how hard it is to get homecare, how limiting it is and frustrating until you are in the position to need it...esp if the person needing it lives with someone...he could get it all free if he lived alone, but since he lives with me--it is very limiting. he would never survive living alone, so it is a catch 22..awwwwghhhhh don;t get me started....the bureaucracy is unbelievable~~it is as if the government doesn't care about the elderly and their caregivers, yet they give to non citizens--forget the vets....ughhhhhhhhhh
sorry, just tired and confused by all this junk..
love, me