Tuesday 1/11/11, Whats on your plate ?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Tuesday 1/11/10, Whats on your plate ?

I just posted it Peeps in the chicken section :)

How do you make your yellow rice Bucky??
Thank you Dee.

BTW I used saffron from Trader Joe's for the first time and loved it. (I also used a pinch of Badia)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

The nachos-
http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/kgk/2001/0601/bbq.html#axzz1AmGjCFbl

2011-01-11 18-46-54.690.jpg

Deelady

Peeps, I just started putting saffron in my rice while it cooks and I love it too!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

peeps, i just open the zatarain's box, dump it in a pan of hot water and put on a lid.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM Bucky!! DEE is the persn who asked the question.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM Should I be worried? LOL :yum:

Hey they already closed my girls school for tomorrow. What about you?

Deelady

Thanks Bucky and that was me not Peeps.... ;)

Looks tasty Sass :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Sass your nachos look YUMMY. I will have to try nachos some time.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I made black beans & rice to go with the leftover roast pork. I'm going to post about it in the Cuban thread - with pics. Just give me a minute.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

Luvs, what's your feeling on tilapia? It's easy enough to obtain, but I'm not crazy about it. Is it a favourite or just easy to get hold of? I've tried it so many different ways (it's always affordable when on a foodservice budget, and it's preferred because it's always on the sustainable list) but I find the taste unremarkable. I know you've got a good palate, so...what are you tasting that's got you buying it?

here & there, there's a distint murkiness. i usually avoid lakefish though i appreciate the texture of tilapia. other than tilapia, i prefer ocean seafoods mostly. i season the fillets well 2 reduce the less than pleasant aspects. i made my Mom & new-Dad batter-dipped tilapia/fries, & that was great. wholey is a few minutes from me, so there's seafood abound. when i get food from them rather than the 'iggle, i get swordfish & that. salmon, cod..... basa is @ 'iggle, though. (oh, my, i've got baccala from them, too- codcakes thursday/friday!!)
i'm making a caper beurre noisette when i cook my tilapia~

Guts

Deelady Those look really good. You have to get my fryer out one day soon. Nice job!

Sass. I don't see any jalapenos on that or are they hidden? I'm get have to send you some from my Mexican story here they're not that hot, you got a try some.

I Didn't get around to making this last night because the chicken had only marinade for six hours in it really needs 24 hours or thereabouts.
Tonight's dinner was Ina Garten's tequila lime chicken with jalapeno cream sauce. Wild rice melody, fresh steamed zucchini and yellow squash also some cottage cheese. I've tried other tequila chicken recipes, but Ina Garten's is the best one I found. I've tried making it with boneless skinless breasts, but it's just not the same it needs to be skin on chicken bone in her bone out doesn't matter. When the skin browns with the marinade well it's to die for. I really like this recipe, I also found it was best to use a dark inexpensive tequila. I put Jane's crazy mixed up salt on the squash, another product I like I don't care for Jane's crazy mixed up pepper and all. The cottage cheese as a light sprinkle of Lawry's seasoning salt. I Brown the chicken breast on a grill pan and finished the chicken off in a 350° oven for 25 minutes. I just didn't want to hassle with the barbecue.
by the way, what's with the January 11 2010 did this post get brought up from last year? I'm still writing 2010 on my checks wonder how long that's going to take to finally sink in. LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Sure Aubrey :)

Looks really good Sage.

Guts, they're hidden under the rest along with the white ends of the green onions, didn't use many in the first place. ;)
Your dinner looks delicious.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had a busy day making a double recipe of spaghetti sauce and bottled it for storage in the pantry...\

P1030117.jpg

Then took a pot roast, seasoned and pan seared it, then put in the oven with potatoes, onions & carrots. Didn't have time for a picture as we wolfed it down and both headed in different directions. Here's a file copy of what it looked like.:lol:

P1020479.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
by the way, what's with the January 11 2010 did this post get brought up from last year? I'm still writing 2010 on my checks wonder how long that's going to take to finally sink in. LOL

What's a check? :yankchain:
I didn't know people still used those!

:pat: OK. I fixed the original title, and the last couple of posts. But there is no way I'm editing all 45 posts individually in this thread to fix the carried forward date. :no:

Last edited:

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Meh, chicken broth and a lil left over whit rice. Stomach is no bueno, but needed to eat something.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, dee and peeps. sorry. i'm still getting used to trying to chat from a tiny screen. that's the second time i did that.

i need a phone the size of an ipad, lol.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, if you can ever get your hands on bronzini from the mediterranean you'll be soooo happy.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lol, there're stuffs i would've preferred 2 be less than informed of; though i kinda got immune afterwhile~

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
verablue, i am thinking we made that. hm. i'll research soon as my curiosity is piqued~ thanx!

abi_csi

I finally made it. My first Macaroni and cheese with Stilton and Walnut and cranberry and port chutney. It was amazing!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Lots of beautiful dinners last night! I love the look of that sesame chicken, Mary, and the beans and rice look wonderful, SS. Nice nachos, Sass! Beautiful pork roast, Joe - and Guts!!! That entire dinner looks like it belongs in Gourmet magazine. Yum yum yum. Our dinner was less remarkable - I made some potato soup with lots of extras: bacon, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, parsley, cheese on top. Made some cornbread and honey butter, and we had lemon pudding cake for dessert. Pretty tasty, actually.

Attachments

• DSCF0984.jpg
    DSCF0984.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 108