2 of my newest yard sale items

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
after many years of searching for the right one i finally brought home a new to me Presto Pressure Cooker.. it came with 2 replacement gaskets,1 steam gauge,4 automatic air vents and a cooking canning rack...was still in the original box..

it is a 20 quart pressure cooker, i cant quite describe the yellow color of it.. but it reminds me of that 70's color yellow..lol

and she threw in a coleman 2 burner propane camping stove all for $20...

the neat thing is that she only lives a block away and we got talking hot sauce...i then donated a jar of it and she asked when she runs out can she buy more..lol

aax0jq.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
You stole it Bam!!:a1:

Would "Harvest Gold" be the color you can't quite put your finger on?

yup on closer look at the box..it says Harvest on it... i now remember buying an old fridge at an auction years ago that was that same color..

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
You are my kind of guy. Garage sales and thrift shops. Honey holes for bargains. :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome! That thing is a monster! You ought to get lots of use out of it! It makes my little 6Qt look pitiful! :yum:

gadzooks

Sweet deal, Bam. I bought a somewhat larger pressure cooker at a surplus equipment auction at Penn State many years ago, when a student there. PSU has extensive apple orchards, and when they finish with an experimental crop they open it to public picking. I used to pick duffle bags full of apples, bring 'em back to the Vet's House and crush 'em. Put 'em in 5 gallon carboys with water and brewers yeast and sugar, and let 'em sit in the basement until they clarified. Siphon the liquid into the pc and cook it off low and slow thru a copper condenser coil...made some fierce applejack. You'd get smaller batches, sorta like a micro-distillery. Yahoo!

Mr. Green Jeans

Bam, you canner is the same color as the one DW and I bought the first summer after we got married. 32 years, countless quarts and pints and a few gaskets later it is still going strong. A good maintenance tip is to spray a paper towel with cooking spray or a light dribble of cooking oil and wipe down the gasket before you store it.

Peggy

I agree, you stole it! Great find! Yeah, I used to have an avocado colored stove, and I am sure I have had that yellow color on a fridge before!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I agree, you stole it! Great find! Yeah, I used to have an avocado colored stove, and I am sure I have had that yellow color on a fridge before!

use to have the avacodo stove and fridge at one time as well..lol

as well as that pastal blue that was famous back then..lol

Peggy

LOL! My how things have changed over the years! Now it's stainless steel, which I still don't have!