ISO Ideas/Uses for ...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I would like suggestions on how to use these products. Some I have bought and others I am debating on buying.

Any helpfully suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I was down one of the Ethnic Aisles at the food store and found things I never noticed before.

I spied Pomegranate Molasses so in the cart it went. I thought it would be good in salad dressing.

What other uses/recipes have you used it in?

I also picked up a bottle of fish sauce. I picked it up for DD who likes to experiment cooking with new things. Not sure what to use it in besides dressing.

Was looking at Ground Sumac and Za'atar. What are good uses for these?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I would like suggestions on how to use these products. Some I have bought and others I am debating on buying.

Any helpfully suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I was down one of the Ethnic Aisles at the food store and found things I never noticed before.

I spied Pomegranate Molasses so in the cart it went. I thought it would be good in salad dressing.

What other uses/recipes have you used it in?

I also picked up a bottle of fish sauce. I picked it up for DD who likes to experiment cooking with new things. Not sure what to use it in besides dressing.

Was looking at Ground Sumac and Za'atar. What are good uses for these?

Pomegranate molasses, ground sumac and za'atar are used in Middle Eastern and Persian cooking. I've got a Persian cookbook we've made several dishes from and will flip through it later. I've also got a blog bookmarked that we've made several recipes from that were good. I'll look for it later and go thru the book.

Fish sauce is used in Thai and Japanese dishes. Thai curries generally use it. There's a Thai soup Craig loves that has tiny pork meatballs in a chicken broth with glass noodles that uses fish sauce.

This is one of the blogs I've cooked from before. Unfortunately, it's really ad heavy with popups so I would advise using a desktop or a laptop rather than a tablet or phone, otherwise it takes forever to load and search. https://amiraspantry.com/

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pomegranate molasses, ground sumac and za'atar are used in Middle Eastern and Persian cooking. I've got a Persian cookbook we've made several dishes from and will flip through it later. I've also got a blog bookmarked that we've made several recipes from that were good. I'll look for it later and go thru the book.

Fish sauce is used in Thai and Japanese dishes. Thai curries generally use it. There's a Thai soup Craig loves that has tiny pork meatballs in a chicken broth with glass noodles that uses fish sauce.

This is one of the blogs I've cooked from before. Unfortunately, it's really ad heavy with popups so I would advise using a desktop or a laptop rather than a tablet or phone, otherwise it takes forever to load and search. https://amiraspantry.com/

That chicken recipe looks really good Med. Thank you. I think I'll make that very soon. I just need to get the artichokes.
But I don't see or I missed any of the ingredients I mentioned.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I just gave you the link for her front page. You can use the search function for the ingredients. She has at least 1 for the sumac, zaatar, and pom molasses. The recipes I've made off her site have been good so far.

I just looked thru my Persian cookbook. There is fried halloumi cheese (the one Greeks use to fry and flame in ouzo), and a dressing for a tomato and olive salad using zaatar. Pom molasses has a jelly (a dessert, not like American jellies) and a salsa that goes with lamb. No sumac unfortunately. We've made the cheese, but not the others, though everything we've made from that book has been good so far. I'll re-write and post if you are interested in any.