HAMBURGER BUN PAN

Wart

Banned
As with 'hot dog' buns, I use a cookie sheet. I make more of a Kaiser, cut a ribbon out of dough and tie into the knot. I have yet to remember to make dough balls and try those, I started out tieing buns for presentation and it's just where my mind keeps going when making rounds.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Were you aware that there is a kaiser roll stamp for those who have trouble with forming a traditional shape the old-fashioned way?
See
http://fantes.com/images/1260bread.jpg

1260bread.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
If you read George Greenstein's book, "Secrets of a Jewish Baker", he explains how to make Kaiser rolls without the stamp. There is a trick to doing it well and he describes it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
If you read George Greenstein's book, "Secrets of a Jewish Baker", he explains how to make Kaiser rolls without the stamp. There is a trick to doing it well and he describes it.
I quite sure he uses the fold technique for kaiser rolls.I have used it before, but it doesn't change the taste of the rolls, so I just roll a ball of dough then flatten with the heal of my hand and let them rise. Much less labor involved.

Wart

Banned
You know how it goes, everyone has their own thing.

I like forming mine with the nub on top, reminds me of a teat. A lumpy teat ... ;)