What's cooking NCT? 12.13-19.2015

Johnny West

I just put a pork loin covered with fresh sage leaves and caraway seeds and surrounded with onions in the oven. Sweet meat squash and carrots will be on the side.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I thawed a couple of rib steaks, thinking that the warm, sunny weather this December would continue and I'd use friend Kathy's gas grill maybe for the last time.

Nah, cool and drizzly. So I pan-seared them and finished them off in the oven.

With Mom's rutabaga (mashed with carmelized onions, butter and black pepper) and white rice.

Lee

Attachments

• Pan seared rib steaks.JPG
    Pan seared rib steaks.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Pan seared rib steaks plated.JPG
    Pan seared rib steaks plated.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 143

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, have you ever posted your recipe for this?

We have several on NCT, but I'm not sure yours is here.

Lee
Had a bowl of minute rice in the fridge left from last week -so I heated some sesame oil, threw 2 eggs in and cooked 'til soft scramble - removed them, added the rice to the pan and stirred- eggs back in - a little soy sauce, some julienned ham and a bunch of chopped green onions.

I was going to make my Mother's Bacon Fried Rice recipe (which is on here) but didn't because it's more time consuming.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16586&highlight=Bacon+Fried+Rice

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was shrimp and artichoke hearts with lemon sauce over linguini...same tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i was gonna have marcona almonds & pop. my meowers got into my groceries, tho. soooooooooo, i digress; now i'll be having cheese (i bought a reserve cheddar, a brie..... chit- i hafta look in my fridge-- i took a peek into those realms of my fridge-- i got lamb, so may change my dinner, as earlier on, i was looking to have deli food- (lemon-almond chix salad & penne w/ tomato & scads of black pepper, too.) celery & bleu cheese yogurt dip later on. p'rogies (sour crème & scallion or chive)

i so despise autocorrect.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

My wife's a professor. She's been slaving away giving and grading tests. I promised her steak when she finished. Kroger had ribeyes on sale for $9.99 when she did. That's a 1.5 pound ribeye. I didn't eat it all, but I sure could have! Hers was a puny 1.3 pound strip steak. She ate half. :)

Attachments

• BigRibeyeDinner.jpg
    BigRibeyeDinner.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 111

Johnny West

Tonight I heated up a can of Progresso Light Meatball soup. They weren't kidding on the Light part. The meatballs were tiny and since I'm used to big balls added three of my own, a 1/4 cup pf parmesan cheese, a half cup of oyster crackers, and it was so much better.