Whats Cooking NCT Sunday 11/16/14 to Sat 11/22/14?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Put on a pot roast to simmer. Then took DD 2 out to drive. She finally wants to learn how. :blob_blue:

Came home to nice tender pot roast. Made mashed with butter and sour cream, pot jus for gravy (didn't thicken it) and steamed fresh baby spinach.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Put on a pot roast to simmer. Then took DD 2 out to drive. She finally wants to learn how. :blob_blue:

Came home to nice tender pot roast. Made mashed with butter and sour cream, pot jus for gravy (didn't thicken it) and steamed fresh baby spinach.
Mmmmmmm...Time to make French dip with that tender beef & au jus.

Today is two year old grandson Evan's birthday, so DD#1 made Parmesan chicken & sweet taters. DD#2 made the dinosaur cake using German Chocolate recipe. Great food and great birthday party. Evan's favorite gifts were a guitar that Mommy gave him early this morning, then it was the Radio Flyer wheel barrow from Grandma & Grandpa that was just his size.

Attachments

• Dinner 111614-1.jpg
    Dinner 111614-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Dinner 111614.jpg
    Dinner 111614.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Evan 111614.jpg
    Evan 111614.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 187

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had an enormous BLT on toasted potato bread with cream of mushroom soup.

With all this snow that's coming, I need to buff up for shoveling. :yum:

homecook

FootballFood

Attachments

• 102_3992.jpg
    102_3992.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 102_3997.jpg
    102_3997.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 102_3998.JPG
    102_3998.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 174

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's beginning to feel like home again in here :beer:. Welcome back Sass and Homecook!

I'm going to try, nevery tried before, to make chili rellenos tonight. I'm going to use a recipe that FryBoy put on here a long time ago. Maybe some Mexican rice too.

Embryodad

Supper was Lasagna that mommy Tina put together.
It was good, but she used jar sauce ( Ronzoni ) and the sauce was a tad bit sweet.
I had three pieces.

Dessert is a pumpkin pie from scratch baking in the oven.
I made fresh whipped cream in the dispenser. Can't wait!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Supper was Lasagna that mommy Tina put together.
It was good, but she used jar sauce ( Ronzoni ) and the sauce was a tad bit sweet.
I had three pieces.

Dessert is a pumpkin pie from scratch baking in the oven.
I made fresh whipped cream in the dispenser. Can't wait!!

JAR SAUCE??????? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! SACRILEDGE. I'll pray for you Jimmy. I'll even send you a sauce recipe so you can make homemade Sunday Gravy. Here's my supper. I hope it eases the pain. the sauce was just made Saturday morning, and simmered until the spoon stood up on its own. You poor, poor man. Oh, the horror of store sauce.

2014-10-03165940.jpg

Embryodad

I know Joe! She was in a hurry, and she just bought a whole "S" Load of jar sauce for GD for her appartment. Marinara is the only sauce GD will eat.
So Poor Tina figured, quick quick quick, and that was the end of a good supper.

Tina knows how to make a sauce, but she grabbed a jar from the Demon "Saucifer"...the brother of "Lucifer!" hahahahahahaha

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beautiful loaves, ChowderMan.

Felt like making breakfast for dinner. Mama was pleased, as it's been awhile since we had pancakes.

Attachments

• Dinner 111814.jpg
    Dinner 111814.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 155

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
that's scaled down from White Bread Plus of Joy of Cooking - to one egg....

I was attracted to the recipe decades back as it was "adapted" to a hand mixer. I've since got the KA lift bowl but,,, that works, too!

it also is flexible in that you can start it in a cold oven or hot/preheated. something that has made a difference in my 'scheduling' over the years.

if I haven't 'done bread' in a while, with two of us the first loaf general evaporates 'same day' (g)

homecook

I made breaded pork cutlets, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy and peas. I also made a dessert to take to work. I'll edit in a few to add pics....

Bear with me as my space bar is broke on my laptop so I'm typing on my Kindle and will add pics from the laptop. :)

Attachments

• 102_4002.JPG
    102_4002.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 102_4005.JPG
    102_4005.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 148

Embryodad

I made breaded pork cutlets, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy and peas. I also made a dessert to take to work. I'll edit in a few to add pics....

Bear with me as my space bar is broke on my laptop so I'm typing on my Kindle and will add pics from the laptop. :)
Looks great homecook. The dessert looks good also!

I had the same thing with the A not typing on my Laptop, and Tina looked closely (she could see) and said.."Look, There's food stuck under the key!" LOL
I never knew the key popped off, and she cleaned out the crumbs that were stuck underneath, and it all works now! see.. AaAaAaAaAaa!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everything looks and sounds wonderful. Wish I could sample!!

Bread would hit the spot right now with a cuppa tea or coffee .

Haven't had breaded anything in awhile. YUM!! Barb what's for dessert?

homecook

Looks great homecook. The dessert looks good also!

I had the same thing with the A not typing on my Laptop, and Tina looked closely (she could see) and said.."Look, There's food stuck under the key!" LOL
I never knew the key popped off, and she cleaned out the crumbs that were stuck underneath, and it all works now! see.. AaAaAaAaAaa!!

Thank you! Yea I popped off the space bar and nothing there. Still doesn't work. Oh well..........

I made Polish chili for dinner tonight.

Attachments

• 102_4009.jpg
    102_4009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 135

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
couldn't get a rack, settled for a "package" of country ribs. failed to impress, not going there again.

Attachments

• DSC_3446.jpg
    DSC_3446.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_3453.jpg
    DSC_3453.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 124

Embryodad

couldn't get a rack, settled for a "package" of country ribs. failed to impress, not going there again.
They look good c-man....but if the flavor is right, then they can be good. A little dry, but good sometimes. I made them once as bbq ribs, and they sufficed. Had leftovers; so I ground them up and added to beef to make chili. It was good!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
but.... the flavor wasn't ribbie - more like a pork roast in (the homemade) sauce....

typically I oven bake-in-foil racks as a whole, then finish either on the grill or drowned in bbq sauce in the oven at about 10,000'F.

the flavor of meat between real rib bones is different I suppose....

Embryodad

Yeah, you're right.
They are great to throw in a tomato sauce or to make country style ribs with cabbage or sauerkraut. Tina braises them with onions for a few hours in an electric skillet.
She just keeps adding water to prevent burning. We eat them like that with applesauce.
Oh!...and the last 45 minutes, she trows in some potato wedges too.

Embryodad

Right now...there is a pork shoulder in the oven since 9 AM cooking slow and low at 275º.

Tina did that roast! She just threw in a onion quartered, and some celery!

I made a nice pot of tomato sauce, and meatballs. Used the last of the tomatoes I froze, and some paste, and a large can of crushed tomatoes.
Darn....it smells great in here.

The kids are coming over to eat after work.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stove top grilled sirloin sandwich steak on lightly buttered baguette.

Embryodad

We devoured the pork shoulder.
DD came over and I was pulling pork and eating applesauce...then DD said, OOoooo
this smells like the pigs on my farm. That was it....I put the fork down and couldn't eat any more. Now I have Farm Breath and Farm burps.

Tina was skimpy with the salt. Pork shoulder needs a lot of salt when it bakes.

Now I will eat some spaghetti and a meatball or two.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
There is some nice lookin grub on this thread. I forgot how much I missed this!

Here was my dinner tonight, crusted cod with Asian style green beans and left over cheesy jalapeno grits. The fish recipe is one of my favorite go to recipes for frozen fish.

20141120_200050-1.jpg

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum eeturk! :tiphat:

Glad. you found us!

When you have a minute stop by the introductions forum and tell us about yourself.

Jim