Request input - which stainless pot set?

waybomb

Years ago we were fortunate enough to find a complete set of Serafino Zani Karen pots and pans. They are no longer sold in the USA, but we did check. They are crazy expensive these days. We checked because my wife wants to buy our son a life-long stainless pot set, such as the Zani.

So, we want find something reasonable and something that will last forever. Cuisinart does not seem to be the same quality as 30 years ago. What else is there?

Shermie

Site Supporter
All-Clad also makes the Emerilware Stainless Steel Cookware set.

I have the set and I'm very happy with it!

I've added many open stock pieces to it to make it a monster 30-piece set!!

But is seems that those open stock pieces might not be availible in stores. But I DID get some of them online.

Anyway, you won't go wrong with the sett!! :eating2:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you all. I have a Calphalon black anodized set, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate. Get the idea?

I have been eyeing the Emeril set and a semi significant birthday is soon at hand. Thank you for the input.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thank you all. I have a Calphalon black anodized set, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate, which I hate. Get the idea?

I have been eyeing the Emeril set and a semi significant birthday is soon at hand. Thank you for the input.

Great choice, buddy!! You won't go wrong with it! :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Rachael Ray has a 10-pc stainless steel cookware set out now. She's using it on the Food Network right now!

Looks very shiny & awesome!!

I would have gotten this had I not gotten the Emerilware set because I like those orange handles!! :eating2:

Attachments

• rachael ray contemporary-cookware-and-bakeware.jpg
    rachael ray contemporary-cookware-and-bakeware.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
ala bang for the buck, Tramontina has a rep for high quality, reasonable cost.

don't have any, just reporting . . .

waybomb

Thanks for the input.

We really love the Sarafino. Very heavy duty and still like new. Bought these a few years into be married, so probably 28-30 years old now.

I'll be watching your suggestions at my favorite store - ebay! And if not, I have a buddy that goes to Italy twice a year - I'll give him the cash and a big suitcase!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've always wanted THIS pot!

It's almost like a double boiler.

It is called the never-burn pot, simply because at the bottom, it has a hermetically sealed chamber that houses silicone oil. The oil heats up, but never to the point where food is about to stick or burn!!

This helps to prevent the burning of heat sensitive foods, such as sauces, gravies, Alfredo, marinara, custards for ice cream, etc!!

It now comes is 3 sizes - 16, 11 or 7-quart sizes! :eating2:

Attachments

• never-burn stockpot.png
    never-burn stockpot.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

waybomb

They look very shiny and expensive!!

Must have costed you a fortune!!! :eating2: :ohmy:

We bought these right after we were married. We lived in Chicago, and having the total of nothing between us in terms of money and stuff (in fact I was very negative due to my first buisiness failure), we shopped alot at Sears Outlet, Alden's Outlet, and Speigel's outlet.

We found these in a corner of the old Speigel building with no price, in a wooden crate. Nobody there knew how much they should cost. Manager came buy and gave them all to use for something like 350 bucks. For us it was huge money, but looking back, holy crap did we get a deal.

phreak

All-Clad also makes the Emerilware Stainless Steel Cookware set.

I have the set and I'm very happy with it!

I've added many open stock pieces to it to make it a monster 30-piece set!!

But is seems that those open stock pieces might not be availible in stores. But I DID get some of them online.

Anyway, you won't go wrong with the sett!! :eating2:

I agree we have this set and we're very happy with them...between this set and our mismash of cast iron we have tossed all the "non-stick" junk.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I STILL have come nonstick cookware, but not in a set. Just a few pieces.

But the seasoned cast iron cookware, I'll NEVER get rid of! Mainly because I wouldn't cook things in a stainless steel pan that necessitates it being screaming hot! It could turn partly blue, and if that happens, there is no way that the pan can be saved!! :yuk:

That is where the cast iron skillet, wok, Dutch Oven or chicken fryer takes over to handle screaming-hot high-heat cooking. :eating2:

Last edited:

PanchoHambre

I have a mis-match set of stainless cobbled together from discount and thrift stores - most of it is much like the RR set above - thick aluminum disc at bottom and riveted handles - its decent, durable stuff - I have a bunch of brands - farberware millennium, Meyer, etc it all looks like it came out of the same factory in China. This is not the stuff you leave to your heirs but it takes a beating, performs fine and is WAY cheaper than all-clad which is lovely but very expensive. The real workhorse of my kitchen are my griswold and le cruset but the stainless comes in handy and needs little care - IMO the mid range stuff that is marketed as Emeril Ware and RR etc will perform well and is a good value - especially because you can usually find it on discount. The cheaper stuff is a waste of money and won't last and the really $$$ stuff may not really perform all that much better

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I use an induction stove so it is either cast iron or magnetic stainless. Now when I replaced my previous set when I went to induction I bought by the piece with the only requirement being it would work with induction. I have All-Clad, Emeralware, Faberware, Wolfgang Puck, Kerry Simon, Tramontina as well as a few others. For non stick I only have 2 both are by Scanpan CTX which have held up excellent now for going on 4 years. Pressure cookers I use Fagor since they are the only make a stainless one that works with induction.