whats for Dinner Wednesday Sept 7

Carolina Cooking

Its to early for me to decide. I am working on my Southern Pecan coffee :thumb:

Plus the grocery stores around here change their ad today, so I will be shopping later.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW will probably do the cooking today because she has the day off from work. I, on the other hand, have a full day of work for a customer and won't be back before 5 pm.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got two bone in chicken breasts and some leftover mashed potatoes and brown gravy...

My mother used to dredge the chicken in mayonnaise and then seasoned breadcrumbs. It was moist and delicious. Think I'd like some of that, tonight.

My daughter in law's mom sent me an Entenmann's raspberry danish twist in the mail!! Gotta have that for dessert!!

Embryodad

Mommy Tina Baby..went to PA today...Sales at the restaurant supply there, and the farmers market will be one of her stops.

She asked if I would make supper...so I'm sitting here and thinking.
We're lasagna'd out...burger and hot doged out...Corn on the cobbed out...so
I figured that I would make a nice chicken soup for Her...with little meatballs.
I'll cook some noodles for her, and she will enjoy that for a couple days. It's easy for her to digest too. I will puree the onions and celery for her too!
Usually when she makes soup...she throws the onion in halved, and the celery whole, and then she throws that away.
That to me is the best part of the soup. It's kinda hard to eat a whole 1/2 of onion unless you cut it up or chop it; which is almost impossible with a whole cooked mushy onion. hahaha

For me...I will make some Ham and Bean soup with that small piece of ham that was dry and hard to swallow the other day. That should soften it. Hopefully! LOL
Spicy a little will make it interesting.

I'll make jello and real whipped cream for dessert.

Tonight's meal will be courtesy of the wonderful products available at our semi-local Wegmans supermarket. I LOVE Wegmans - always new things to try & a drop-dead kick-ass seafood department.

But tonight's dinner will be Wegmans' new Chicken Pesto With Feta & Spinach sausage sauteed with Wegmans' bagged tiny little baby "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, & red pepper flakes, as a topping for Wegmans' Italian-imported "Foglie Di Ulivo" (shaped like little olive leaves) spinach pasta (which was on sale for $1.66 for a 1-1/2# bag!). Nice big green salad dotted with marinated artichoke hearts, mixed marinated olives, & other assorted pickled items will round out the meal.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
so much for planning. seriously burne my right hand during service...its bandaged and throbbing. i'm thinking cocktails are in order.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ouch...Are you gonna go have it looked at Vera?

I haven't been feeling well today so it's probably just gonna be something simple like soup and sandwiches.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've got two bone in chicken breasts and some leftover mashed potatoes and brown gravy...

My mother used to dredge the chicken in mayonnaise and then seasoned breadcrumbs. It was moist and delicious. Think I'd like some of that, tonight.

My daughter in law's mom sent me an Entenmann's raspberry danish twist in the mail!! Gotta have that for dessert!!

That sounds good. Did she bake it or pan sear then bake ....?

so much for planning. seriously burne my right hand during service...its bandaged and throbbing. i'm thinking cocktails are in order.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO I hope it feels better soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ok I am planning to make the dinner that got put off yesterday - london broil, corn on the cob, sautéed mushrooms (maybe with potatoes) and salad.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
sh baked it, Peeps. so much better than shake and bake! I was ggoing to go to anurgent care, lou wanted to take me to ER... but I,m a kitchen warrior> it will porbablyn healm okay> ifffff I see infection I'll go to dr. Just signed an insurance policy 5 days ago !

mhend

We're going out for dinner tonight. We have a few errands to run so it's going to be easier to grab something while were out.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW made Chicken Divine...and it was divine! One of my customers gave me 6 oatmeal raisin cookies, so that was dessert. Damn good cookies!

Dinner090711.jpg

Nancy-MD

DW made Chicken Divine...and it was divine! One of my customers gave me 6 oatmeal raisin cookies, so that was dessert. Damn good cookies!

Dinner090711.jpg
Looks good, Joe.

Cooksie, can you believe I have never tasted a tamale? I'd really like to one day!

Nancy-MD

I took the leftover grilled hot dogs from Monday's cookout and turned them into oven baked cheesy hot dogs. We finished up the last of the salads, and we had some pickled beets and a glass of V-8.

Attachments

• 9.7.11 002.jpg
    9.7.11 002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

:cooking:I made two soups today....

One Mommy's Soup...(chicken & little meatballs )

92364bfd.jpg

One for Daddy... ( Ham & Bean w Corn and Celery )
The ham was from the leftover dry ham from the other day.
The soup made it chewable, and swallow easy. :smile:
I had two ramakins full like this with 4 slices of buttered bread.

30fec086.jpg

Embryodad

Nancy and Joe..

Your meals look good.

The hot dogs are huge Nancy

Joe..I'm sorry..your dish looks great..like stuffing?? I don't know what divine chicken is?? I never heard of that way of chicken. It looks like a casserole!/?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Dinner090711.jpg

Oh Joe!! Recipe? Pretty please.

I took the leftover grilled hot dogs from Monday's cookout and turned them into oven baked cheesy hot dogs. We finished up the last of the salads, and we had some pickled beets and a glass of V-8.
YUMMY Nan. I had a plain dog on wheat bun and mac salad for lunch. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:cooking:I made two soups today....

One Mommy's Soup...(chicken & little meatballs )

92364bfd.jpg

One for Daddy... ( Ham & Bean w Corn and Celery )
The ham was from the leftover dry ham from the other day.
The soup made it chewable, and swallow easy. :smile:
I had two ramakins full like this with 4 slices of buttered bread.

30fec086.jpg

Soups look great Jimmy

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
London broil cooked on the stovetop grill pan, quartered mushroom caps sautéed in butter, steamed corn off the cob and salad.

090711_london_broil.jpg

Deelady

Compliments to the wife Joe!!

Great looking soups Embyodad! Esp. moms :)

Nancy did you make your mac salad? I made the mistake and bought a container of Yoders Brand this eek....:glare: yuck! All you taste is sugar!

Peeps that steak looks perfect!

Our dinner tonight was Beer Brats roasted with brussel sprouts and carrots with buttered parmesan noodles. After my little one finished hers she made her way to my plate to then eat MY brussel spouts!! I wanted to complain except she was eating veggies so I sacrificed them to her! :D

Attachments

• food 734.jpg
    food 734.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 83

PanchoHambre

Peeps that London Broil would have never made it to Plate here... Perfect

Dee that is a great looking meal

Breaded chicken legs and some whole wheat penne with garlic and oil, threw in some peas because I am not sure that garlic and chili count as veggies
picture.php

homecook

Oh my!! Everyones' dinner looks great! The soup, the hot dogs, the steak, and chicken. :wow:

I made marinara with rigatoni and meatballs and sausage. I also had homemade garlic bread and a salad.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 80