Update on Dee and Maya!

homecook

I just got back a little bit ago. I had a lovely visit with Dee. I shocked the heck out of her by coming. lol
The really good news was her Hubby came home!!!:D I missed meeting him by about 5 minutes.

Maya is doing phenomenal! The doctors can't even believe how well she's doing. Our prayers were definitely answered!
Dee goes home tomorrow and they're going to go see Maya and hold her.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!!!:flowers:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, Barb - I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Poor Dee needed her hubby and Maya needed to meet her Daddy, too. I'm so glad Percy will be home to help take care of Dee and Ayla while they are waiting for Maya to come home.

Is Dee feeling OK? I know how happy she must have been to see your face coming through the door. It must have been a fabulous surprise for her. Thank you for visiting and carrying all our love and good wishes to her. You're the best, Barb!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What wonderful news!

That was so sweet of you to visit her Barb! I'm sure it meant the world to her. I'm so glad Percy made it home and that Maya is doing so well.

homecook

Dee is feeling and looking great!! She couldn't believe it when I walked in the door. She was very surprised! LOL I just wish I could have met Percy.

I'm thankful that she'll finally be able to hold her baby girl!! She showed me pictures the nurses had taken and she is a beautiful baby!!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Dee is feeling and looking great!! She couldn't believe it when I walked in the door. She was very surprised! LOL I just wish I could have met Percy.

I'm thankful that she'll finally be able to hold her baby girl!! She showed me pictures the nurses had taken and she is a beautiful baby!!!!!
Thanks for the update, I was worried and added their names to the Temple prayer list tonight. Woo hoo!! I am thrilled Maya is fine! Ayla is a big sister, woo hoo to that too!!!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG, we are so happy for the good news. Uncle Lefty is pleased. God bless the family.
Yes we sure are happy for this good news. Can I be an uncle too? :D

GREAT job Barb. Way to go surprising Dee. :clap: :clap: :tiphat: :thumb:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Oh, Barb - I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Poor Dee needed her hubby and Maya needed to meet her Daddy, too. I'm so glad Percy will be home to help take care of Dee and Ayla while they are waiting for Maya to come home.

Is Dee feeling OK? I know how happy she must have been to see your face coming through the door. It must have been a fabulous surprise for her. Thank you for visiting and carrying all our love and good wishes to her. You're the best, Barb!

I've heard of crazy ways to try to get a leave but this is not a good one! That being said, I am so happy that Percy was able to be there for you Dee! My favorite little family is all together and all is well and I couldn't be happier for you all. Rest....I shall keep you all in my prayers.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Good news indeed. Thanks Barb for being a great friend to Dee and keeping us all informed.

buckytom

Grill Master
great news!!!!
that was very nice of you barb, to visit dee.

I just got back a little bit ago. I had a lovely visit with Dee. I shocked the heck out of her by coming. lol

lol, that reminded me of the three wise men from monty python.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjBO26qjYM[/ame]

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Can't wait to hear that they are both home and get to see the beautiful new addition!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so excited to see Maya; I just know she will be every bit as beautiful as her big sister Ayla. Dee, rest and relax and know we are all here when you are able to resume your normal activities. I am so happy for you!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am so excited to see Maya; I just know she will be every bit as beautiful as her big sister Ayla. Dee, rest and relax and know we are all here when you are able to resume your normal activities. I am so happy for you!
Well said Susan. :agree: :D

Newnork1978

1470602je666q6zmm.jpg
I'm thrilled by the wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us updated, Barb...you rock! I wish Dee and her family all the best, and I can't wait to see pics of the baby. :bounce:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic, Barb! Thanks for relaying the great news!

Lee

P.S. Nice rose pic, Newnork!

Deelady

She is a remarkable friend isn't she! :D :D Can't wait to make a return visit to her in Cleaveland! :)

I am trying to take it easy, but with all the going back and forth to the hospital, Im afraid I over did it a little today....will have to call my doc tomorrow to make sure I haven't hurt myself :(
But reguardless our little one looked wonderful today and was even looking up at me for a bit! :D I haven't been able to hold her yet, which I am very anxious for but at the same time don't want to rush it. BUt soon, very soon I will have that pink ball of joy in my arms!!:wub::wub:
They will be attempting once again to take her off her breathing tubes tomorrow, she is very close to being able to do it on her own 100% but they want to be absolutely sure she is ready. After that she will be moving out of ICU to another floor for continued recovery.
Can't wait to see her again tomorrow, although hubby is trying to talk me into staying home to rest.....:glare: But I promised him we wont stay too long. NEED TO SEE MY GIRL! lol I promise I will take it easy.

Thanks again everyone for your continued healing thoughts and prayers! :wub:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
She is a remarkable friend isn't she! :D :D Can't wait to make a return visit to her in Cleaveland! :)

I am trying to take it easy, but with all the going back and forth to the hospital, Im afraid I over did it a little today....will have to call my doc tomorrow to make sure I haven't hurt myself :(
But reguardless our little one looked wonderful today and was even looking up at me for a bit! :D I haven't been able to hold her yet, which I am very anxious for but at the same time don't want to rush it. BUt soon, very soon I will have that pink ball of joy in my arms!!:wub::wub:
They will be attempting once again to take her off her breathing tubes tomorrow, she is very close to being able to do it on her own 100% but they want to be absolutely sure she is ready. After that she will be moving out of ICU to another floor for continued recovery.
Can't wait to see her again tomorrow, although hubby is trying to talk me into staying home to rest.....:glare: But I promised him we wont stay too long. NEED TO SEE MY GIRL! lol I promise I will take it easy.

Thanks again everyone for your continued healing thoughts and prayers! :wub:
i can understand you wanting to go and see her and do all the other things but the most important thing your girls need is YOU. so take it slow and keep your strenght up. the little one is in good hands. don't run yourself down, you need to recover also. you, hub and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers. muahhhhh xoxo

Deelady

Thank you Peeps :) I will be sure to take it slower...today was definately a wake up reminder that I myself have some healing to do!! :(

homecook

Dee, you're a sweetheart!!
I can't even imagine how hard it is to stay away from Maya for even one day, she's a darling! Take care of yourself though because you'll be taking care of her before too long and you'll need your strength.
All the best to your family!!