What's Cooking NCT Sunday May 25 - Saturday May 31, 2014?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had stove top grilled sirloin steak (Fairway supermarket prime cut $5.99/lb) and bi-color corn on the cob for dinner. TJ's cherry pie for dessert.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
2z53wiw.jpg

Tuscan Pot Pie :)

Embryodad

That pot pie looks great rikismom....

That's the way I like it...lots of bread / biscuit topping.

Embryodad

Today....Tina cooked and made Alices Eggs for breckie...
Italian wedding soup for lunch...... an an an she's on da roll.....
Supper, she made sausage and peppers in a tomato sauce with potate' and onions.

She took over cooking for a while till I get my vision straightened in my left eye.
I had a little setback last Saturday. I was fixin the muffler bracket on the car, and I got dizzy. It went away, and I finished the job. About 30 minutes later, I was seeing double.
My left eye went cock eyed...and I couldn't even drive the car well.
It was weird. hahahahah.... I thought it would go away, and it was just a strain.
NOPE!
Went to the opthamologist (I cant spell it) and he said may have had a mini stroke, and the third cranial nerve got damaged. Heck! I could see good but just two of everything. LOL... And I ain't had a drink either....

I wear an eye patch so I don't get dizzy. It's aggravating till I get special prism glasses made to fool the now munged up eye.
All I can do is wait....

Tomorrow is gonna be a feast. DD butchered one of her pigs so we are gonna have like 23 lbs. of ribs. Hot Dogs from South Jersey son Jim Picked up and they have jalapen'o peppers inside. Ummmm
Burgers ....and Oh! ...a rack of goat ribs! Yuck! Not For Me!

At least we're not having chicken.... It's not one of MY favorites....
I wanted HOT sausage, but ShopRite had only the plain today.
GD works at the Netcong ShopRite; maybe they have some?? It's mainly Italians in that area. They should have it!
I only like the store made sausage.

Everyone have a great Memorial Day!! Don't eat or drink too much! LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy! well, ur typing well. better than me. :)
have a great Memorial Day, & dine well.

btw- i'll drink half my weight in booze. most of us'll here imbibe. that's a theme, tho.

Embryodad

jimmy! well, ur typing well. better than me. :)
have a great Memorial Day, & dine well.

btw- i'll drink half my weight in booze. most of us'll here imbibe. that's a theme, tho.

:yum: ya know how many times
I hit the wrong keys? ... It takes me three times longer.....

have a good one....

Embryodad

got about 23 to 26 lbs of pork ribs in the oven....slow and low, plus a rack of goat ribs.

Then I go downstairs and press out the burgers. Then package the rest of the ground beef for freezing. The beef was beautiful. Tina said, "When London Broils are on sale, that's the time to get the ground round because they add the trimmings!"

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chili dogs were good. I ususally just use canned Wolf Brand chili for the chili, but this time I made some hot dog sauce. It was the kind that starts out by cooking the ground beef in water and then draining. It had the right texture (no big hunks) and the taste was good, but I cooked it down a bit too much. It was more like meat for a loose meat sandwich instead of a sauce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a new warm pretzel/dip bartender gave me to critique, alcohol, & a now, a nap- so tired. 'night.