Guilty Pleasures, Part III

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There are at least two other threads on this topic, but we have a whole bunch of different people on the forum now, so let's revisit it.

What are some of your guilty pleasures?

Sherman reminded me that Spam is one of mine.

And Underwood Deviled Ham

And Slim Jims

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea Lee.
Okay, I'll fess up. I love Little Debbie Nutty Bars. Waffers, a little PB and a little chocolate.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
potted meat on saltines. toast w/ so much butter & preserves, it drips from the bread, triple-cream brie, & chef boyardee straight from the can.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The fat on grilled rib eye steaks or pork chops just tastes so good to me. I do cut the majority of it off nowadays, but I also allow myself a few guilty bites. I used to try to cut it so that I got a bite of fat with each bite of meat :brows:. Same thing goes for the fat on corned beef. I guess I just like fat :blush:.

Leni

Thank goodness that no one else in the family loves the crispy skin on a chicken or turkey. It would be a fight to the death otherwise.

PanchoHambre

when I was a kid my (single) dad would make a meal of ground beef, instant mashed potatoes, and canned creamed corn. It was my favorite - with lots and lots of catchup. I thought he was the best cook ever - especially if i got squeeze cheese and ritz as an appetizer - all on tray tables in front of the TV. I could go for some of that right now to be honest.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
when I was a kid my (single) dad would make a meal of ground beef, instant mashed potatoes, and canned creamed corn. It was my favorite - with lots and lots of catchup. I thought he was the best cook ever - especially if i got squeeze cheese and ritz as an appetizer - all on tray tables in front of the TV. I could go for some of that right now to be honest.

Awwww, Pancho!

I grew up with a single Dad, and we often had meals and appetizers and snacks like yours!

I hope you told your father how much you loved those eats! I have told mine!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
eyeshadow. i musta called 50 times this week to see if they've got my newest shade yet.
hair dye.
pop.
feather/faux-feather comforters. generally get 1-2 per year.
boots/shoes. half my kitchen is covered in 'em.
& yinz shold see how many places i've my gear stashed. there is nary a place to snooze these days until i wash, sort, fold, stack & put stuff in drawers & containers.
& pens & pencils.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The fat on grilled rib eye steaks or pork chops just tastes so good to me. I do cut the majority of it off nowadays, but I also allow myself a few guilty bites. I used to try to cut it so that I got a bite of fat with each bite of meat :brows:. Same thing goes for the fat on corned beef. I guess I just like fat :blush:.
:blush:

thegrindre

Holy cow! I thought I was the only one! I die for this stuff... and probably am :)
And, chocolate covered peanuts.
And, corn on the cob with lotsa butter.
And, plain white rice with lotsa butter.
And, crunchy Cheetos!

K

Kimchee

Craft beer, since I am trying to lose weight! ;)
Chili cheese fritoes
Also the fat on steaks and all the gristle on ribs
Fried chicken skin
Big Hot Mama Sausages

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Peanut butter - Take a spoon, preferrably a soup spoon, dip out the biggest gob that you can and eat it like a lollypop! Hey! It's not on bread, does that make it low carb?

thegrindre

I don't eat PB like that anymore, (I did as a kid.), but I will eat a few stocks of celery dipped in PB while watching a movie. :)

Paymaster

Home Made Red Velvet Cake with nuts.

Anything with Dark Chocolate

Marshmallow Peeps

Attachments

• 11111 .jpg
    11111 .jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 164

PanchoHambre

I hope you told your father how much you loved those eats! I have told mine!

Lee

lol, yes he laughs about how much i loved it, especially since I am such a food nerd now and my mom was always a cook so it was at dad's house were i got to eat these junkier foods and they seemed special. actually food is still a big part of our thing (we dont have much common interest so...) we've evolved a bit now I bring fancy cheeses and stuff like lancaster raw brie and he shows off his cocktail making expertise.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
A big platter of home fried cubed taters and some biscuits. Smother the whole works in sausage gravy. Lebanon bologna and Utz potato chips.

Leni

Oh Mama. It has been years since I had one of those. I'll take it over a Twinkie any day.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think Flowers bought the bread brands and the others, along with the cupcakes, twinkies and other desserts are being bid on. I'm sure someone will buy them.

thegrindre

I last heard that a Canada company bought Twinky and is making them as we speak.
I maybe wrong, though. If so, it'll be my first time this year... LOLOL :)

Last edited: