Tuesday 9/27/2011 What's cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have 1/2 package of chop meat left. I think I will use it to make meat sauce, meatloaf or meatballs.

Any plans?

Embryodad

actually.....I have two women here today DD and DW who are in such a mood; it is unexplainable.

I am in no mood to interject into their negativism toward Me today.
I don't know if it's a full moon or what, but I am Mr. Blame Today.hahahahaha

I guess anything I make for supper will be a..... "NOT"...
Oh! Well!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
actually.....I have two women here today DD and DW who are in such a mood; it is unexplainable.

Oh! Well!
YIKES!

Tonight I'll be throwing together a "Szechuan Turkey & Vegetable Stir Fry", utilizing a lovely bag of "Asian Stir-Fry Greens" I picked up at the farmers market.

Newnork1978

Penelope and I are having leftover spaghetti for lunch. I really want rotisserie chicken with potato salad, tonight. YUM! :mrgreen:

- Angel

Embryodad

I had some peanuts / a 1/2 salami sandwich, and 1/2 roast beef sandwich.
Lunch..I had a toasted bagel with lumps of butter...LOL...

I don't know what the they's had.

I guess it was fend for thyself today.

DD gave me a haircut. I gave her a bunch of roast beef, and she and BF will make sandwiches or whatever with it.

Deelady

Meatballs must be in the air!!

I made for dinner...Lemon BBQ Meatloaf/Meatballs, Orzo Pasta cooked in chicken broth and tossed with lemon juice, pan seared artichoke hearts, chopped basil, crispy prosciutto, and fresh grated Romano Cheese....I also topped the meatballs with Romano.

Attachments

• food 818.jpg
    food 818.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 312
  • food 820.jpg
    food 820.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 326

Embryodad

I made for dinner...Lemon BBQ Meatloaf/Meatballs, Orzo Pasta cooked in chicken broth and tossed with lemon juice, pan seared artichoke hearts, chopped basil, crispy prosciutto, and fresh grated Romano Cheese....I also topped the meatballs with Romano.
The meatballa look great and sound great...

DW saw them and asked if there was a recipe??

I looked but I don't see one.

Is there a reference to a recipe D L ?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Leftover chicken chili tonight. Dee, those meatballs look really good. I've never heard of lemon BBQ meatballs before...they sound good....what do you put in them?

Sorry your having "a day" Jimmy. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

That "Szechuan Turkey & Vegetable Stir Fry" sounds really good Breezy!

I picked up a rotisserie chicken the other day from Sam's, Angel. We had it for dinner one night and then I used the leftovers for the White Chicken Chili. Those chickens are so handy! I love them!

Deelady

That looks really good Donna! How is that cheese sauce? I don't think I have tried it before.....I've had their salsa but not their cheese.

DonnaE48060

Its great!!! It can be kinda spicy, if you can handle it, but I love it...when I'm makin the meat for the nachos, I put 2-3 jars of it in a pan of water and let the steam and heat warm it up...its awesome.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
All the food tonight sounds and looks great.

Now I want salami, meatballs, stir fry and nachos. What a combo! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mini fusilli topped with meat sauce (ground beef, onion, garlic, my AP seasoning blend, oregano, tomato puree and burgundy wine) and grated romano cheese. And a salad (Butter Lettuce, Radicchio, vine tomato, marinated black olives, green olives and chick peas, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, McCormick’s Parmesan & Herb and McCormick’s Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch seasonings dressed with Good Season’s dressing).

092711_meat_sauce_salad.jpg

Embryodad

Mini fusilli topped with meat sauce (ground beef, onion, garlic, my AP seasoning blend, oregano, tomato puree and burgundy wine) and grated romano cheese. And a salad (Butter Lettuce, Radicchio, vine tomato, marinated black olives, green olives and chick peas, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, McCormick’s Parmesan & Herb and McCormick’s Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch seasonings dressed with Good Season’s dressing).

All I can say is...Yum Yum Yum!

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. But I want genoa salami sliced paper thin with brown mustard on a round roll.
peep...Tina just heated up 4 slices of pizza we had frozen, and I had two slices.

I still am hungry thinking of what you said with the Genoa salami.

I'm thinking of this time a while ago... I was at a big appartment building, and the boiler to heat the place messed up, and had to be fired manually to keep the people with heat...ok?

Well picture this...and till this day my mouth drools thinking of it.

This 89 year old Italian Woman..lived upstairs from the boiler room, made us fried peppers and eggs and onions and potatoes; on Italian bread, and she added slivers of sharp provalone cheese, and just a thin thin slice of Genoa Salami.
God bless her...she wrapped each sandwich with brown paper bag from the grocery bags. She sent her niece down with them.
We couldn't believe it. Peep..they were the best sandwitches I ever tasted.

When we finally got the parts at the airport... all went well, and I went home Sunday Morning at 400 am. Then I made Italian Biscotti, and Tina iced them with the candies, and I brought them to her on Monday.

I could go for one right now! hahahahahahaha...

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Yum!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Looks good Dee!

attachment.php

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
peep...Tina just heated up 4 slices of pizza we had frozen, and I had two slices.

I still am hungry thinking of what you said with the Genoa salami.

I'm thinking of this time a while ago... I was at a big appartment building, and the boiler to heat the place messed up, and had to be fired manually to keep the people with heat...ok?

Well picture this...and till this day my mouth drools thinking of it.

This 89 year old Italian Woman..lived upstairs from the boiler room, made us fried peppers and eggs and onions and potatoes; on Italian bread, and she added slivers of sharp provalone cheese, and just a thin thin slice of Genoa Salami.
God bless her...she wrapped each sandwich with brown paper bag from the grocery bags. She sent her niece down with them.
We couldn't believe it. Peep..they were the best sandwitches I ever tasted.

When we finally got the parts at the airport... all went well, and I went home Sunday Morning at 400 am. Then I made Italian Biscotti, and Tina iced them with the candies, and I brought them to her on Monday.

I could go for one right now! hahahahahahaha...

Jimmy I mean this with love - YOU STINK!! LOL NOW I am drooling!!

Thank you LS.

Carolina Cooking

Oh! Well!

JImmy, I think you spend to much time 'in house'. :whistle:

Get out & do something fun, for yourself ..just sayin...:stooges:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had seared duck breast with a dried cherry sauce..

Made a gastrique with raspberry white balsamic vinegar & ruby port.

The bitter/sweet flavor of the parsnip puree is the perfect foil for sweet/sour sauce.

This is one of our favorite dishes.

Attachments

• duck 003.jpg
    duck 003.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 51