Wednesday 9/21, What's the menu?

cookingirl

For supper, a spinach salad! A bag of stuff from TJ's! spinach, blue cheese, candied pecans, dried cranberries and dressing----in one salad bag! of course each item is in separate pouches...let you know how it works out!:picnic:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm making a full recipe of my Pasta e Fagioli and we are taking it to a friend's home for dinner. He was recently released from the hospital (very long stay) and is having some depression issues, so his sisters and us will do our best to try and cheer him up and put a good meal in his belly. Also made Italian bread yesterday just for this meal. His sisters will bring salad and dessert.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's really nice of you JoeV! Take Catch Phrase or Taboo. Those are always fun and will have everyone laughing and having a good time.

I have no idea what I'm making for dinner.

Carolina Cooking

Oh I am making those lasagna stuffed peppers.The recipe I got from CC .:thumb:

No sides I guess. But I know I am having my choc pudding dessert that is so yummy. No sugar & sinful..

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

No sides I guess. But I know I am having my choc pudding dessert that is so yummy. No sugar & sinful..
Have you posted the recipe for the pudding?

I want one too :)

Ack! I think I broke my toe. Been laying on the couch w/ a bag of frozen brussels sprouts to bring down the swelling. :( May nuke a 5-cheese lasagna.

Carolina Cooking

Have you posted the recipe for the pudding?

lol no. no one asked for it.

#1. 2T heavy cream. 1T unsweet cocoa. I packet sf sweetner.couple drops of vanilla. mix it up & almost instantly its pudding. its not much but its just enough for me. might be 1 or 2 carbs.

#2. 1cup heavy cream. 2 packs of 'diet' swiss miss. this swiss miss has less carb then sf cocoa mix. 4serving .4carb per serving.
I make this half too. 1/2 c H.cream.one packet.mix with mixer is best.

I know I am sick of jello.

Last edited:

Carolina Cooking

I want one too :)

Ack! I think I broke my toe. Been laying on the couch w/ a bag of frozen brussels sprouts to bring down the swelling. :( May nuke a 5-cheese lasagna.

well you found the recipe lol make it. gosh I hope you use those Brussel sprouts :yum::yum: I like mine with plenty of bacon.

I broke my piggie toe about 5 times. :sad: and cussed up a storm with each one :censored:

Since now hubby and I are BOTH suffering from the cold from hell, tonight's meal will be leftover "Fleetchkie" from the other night. "Fleetchkie" (spelled phonetically) is a sort of Czech version of mac & cheese that was a way of using up bits & pieces of the Sunday ham, mixed into a cheese sauce & egg noodles, then baked.

I make mine with egg noodles, a cheddar-laced bechamel/cream sauce, & shreds of leftover smoked turkey saved from the Fred-Flintstone-size "Pterodactyl" smoked turkey legs we had for dinner several nights ago. I also toss him some cooked broccoli florets to add a bit of green.

Embryodad

Uh! Hu! .....another one..

AND..."Where are your slippers??":sorry:....

Sounds like someone in this house who refuses to wear slippers (and has like 20 pair) and always hooks her toe on something, or drops a can or heavy item on her toes.

Sorry for your pain, and hope you get it taken care of if it's red and swollen. It will need a straight stick and a wrap if it is cracked.

SO... How did you hurt your T O E ?

Uh! Hu! .....another one..

AND..."Where are your slippers??":sorry:....

Sounds like someone in this house who refuses to wear slippers (and has like 20 pair) and always hooks her toe on something, or drops a can or heavy item on her toes.

Sorry for your pain, and hope you get it taken care of if it's red and swollen. It will need a straight stick and a wrap if it is cracked.

SO... How did you hurt your T O E ?

I never wear shoes in the house. Good question. Maybe I stubbed it. Maybe gout? It's really painful, red, & swollen. Made a foot dr appt tomorrow. I'm skeered. Wish me luck. Thanks ED.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Good luck at the doctor CC.

Breezy, I hope you and your honey get to feeling better soon.

I've been feeling a little under the weather myself so I made chicken stew with drop dumplings.

Attachments

• dinner-09212011.jpg
    dinner-09212011.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 154

Embryodad

I've been feeling a little under the weather myself so I made chicken stew with drop dumplings.
OOoooooo!!! Did someone say Dumplings?? I just can't stop eating them.
LQQKs Good Mama..

cookingirl

No spinach salad today--had an asthma attack and didn't feel like eating it..just had a small flatbread and some tea...resting now...
CC--sorry to hear about the toesy! ouch:bounce:
I have done that myself..once while on vacation...ouchy...and really, if it is the little toe, I think all they do is tape it....
if it is the big toe--then have it checked out..I didn't and now I regret it....
good luck!
btw--have the brussels sprouts with a drink--it will make it feel better--:margarita:
just kidding! lol

feel better..

Nancy-MD

Spinach salad, pasta e fagioli with Italian bread, lasagna stuffed peppers, soft tacos and chicken and dumplings, oh my!

CC, sorry about your toe. Hope the doc fixes you up.
Feel better soon, BreezyCooking and hubby.
Cookingirl, hope you are resting now after your asthma attack. Feel better soon.

I pan fried ribeye steaks tonight.

Attachments

• 9.21.11 ribeye 001.jpg
    9.21.11 ribeye 001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 114
Thank you Mama & CG. Those dumplings look delish! About a year ago I went to the ER. The same foot (from the ankle down) was so swollen & painful, I couldn't get a shoe on. All they did was give me a script for antibiotics & Motrin. Didn't help a bit. This is the same foot (all swollen) & the big toe is red & very painful. That's why I'm concerned. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. If I could walk, I could cook.

Embryodad

Thank you Mama & CG. Those dumplings look delish! About a year ago I went to the ER. The same foot (from the ankle down) was so swollen & painful, I couldn't get a shoe on. All they did was give me a script for antibiotics & Motrin. Didn't help a bit. This is the same foot (all swollen) & the big toe is red & very painful. That's why I'm concerned. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. If I could walk, I could cook.
CC... did you bump the foot?

Could be a insect bite like from a mosquito.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks great Nancy!

Cookingirl, rest and take care of yourself. Asthma attacks are no fun.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH MAMA!! YUM

No spinach salad today--had an asthma attack and didn't feel like eating it..just had a small flatbread and some tea...resting now...
CC--sorry to hear about the toesy! ouch:bounce:
I have done that myself..once while on vacation...ouchy...and really, if it is the little toe, I think all they do is tape it....
if it is the big toe--then have it checked out..I didn't and now I regret it....
good luck!
btw--have the brussels sprouts with a drink--it will make it feel better--:margarita:
just kidding! lol

feel better..

Feel better cookingirl.

Spinach salad, pasta e fagioli with Italian bread, lasagna stuffed peppers, soft tacos and chicken and dumplings, oh my!

CC, sorry about your toe. Hope the doc fixes you up.
Feel better soon, BreezyCooking and hubby.
Cookingirl, hope you are resting now after your asthma attack. Feel better soon.

I pan fried ribeye steaks tonight.

That looks fantastic Nan.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My girl was home from school monday and tuesday. the doctor said she had a virus. They did a quick throat culture at the office and sent out another for a 3 day test. They called today and said she has strep. She came home with a fever after school. So doctor is supposed to send a scrip order to the drug store to pick up tomorrow and she will probably stay home tomorrow and friday.

Dinner was: Meatloaf (ground beef, my AP seasoning blend, uncooked rolled oats, egg, chopped green bell pepper, chopped mushrooms, dry onion soup mix, ground dry porcini mushroom, ground pepper, regular ketchup and mustard, Tabasco hot and spicy ketchup and mustard), mashed potatoes (sour cream, sea salt, ground pepper and chives), gravy and frozen spinach.

092111_meatloaf.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm making a full recipe of my Pasta e Fagioli and we are taking it to a friend's home for dinner. He was recently released from the hospital (very long stay) and is having some depression issues, so his sisters and us will do our best to try and cheer him up and put a good meal in his belly. Also made Italian bread yesterday just for this meal. His sisters will bring salad and dessert.

That surely will help his spirits! Is that recipe posted here? I'd love to have it....:wink: lol

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
All these "Hump day" meals look fantastic, you're making me hungry, lol. I don't get to cook tonight, Wednesdays are my night off.... it's Subway for din-din!

Embryodad

My girl was home from school monday and tuesday. the doctor said she had a virus. They did a quick throat culture at the office and sent out another for a 3 day test. They called today and said she has strep. She came home with a fever after school. So doctor is supposed to send a scrip order to the drug store to pick up tomorrow and she will probably stay home tomorrow and friday.

Dinner was: Meatloaf (ground beef, my AP seasoning blend, uncooked rolled oats, egg, chopped green bell pepper, chopped mushrooms, dry onion soup mix, ground dry porcini mushroom, ground pepper, regular ketchup and mustard, Tabasco hot and spicy ketchup and mustard), mashed potatoes (sour cream, sea salt, ground pepper and chives), gravy and frozen spinach.

092111_meatloaf.jpg
Meal looks great peep...as usual....

Sorry to hear the DD has strep.
Keep her home.... poor kid. that strep is a b**ch.

Hope she feels better soon peep.

Deelady

What great comfort meals tonight! And it sounds like they are very much needed by many :huh: Hope you all feel better by morning!! :wink:

I made tostadas with black beans....

Attachments

• food 792.jpg
    food 792.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 77