Attempted terrorist stopped by heroic passenger

Ronjohn

I think it's a Christmas miracle this guy on the plane is still living. Frankly, he was flying to DETROIT. Were um... not exactly know for our civility here. I'm surpirsed he didn't get his a$$ beat before they ever got onto the ground. Must not have been a lot of locals on the plane.

chowhound

I talked to someone originally from England this morning, he flew back here yesterday. He said airport security in England was upped to body checks on everybody, not just spot checks. And also, bathroom doors are locked and no getting out of your seat 1 hour prior to landing. This all being new since this guy in Detroit. I guess we'll see how long it lasts and if we "relax" again.
Something else he mentioned; this guy was refused entry to England a year ago because he was on their list... So here's a guy that supposedly everyone was watching that gets as far as he did. That's the scary part.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I read that they will be doing the same things here, too, Chow. It is scary to read that this guy was on our radar for at least 2 years, but still managed to smuggle explosives onto a flight.

I was also remembering flying while I was pregnant - I couldn't avoid going to the bathroom for an hour! This is going to cause some problems. I'm thinking they will be selling Depends at the airports now.

Phiddlechik

and then yesterday, another Nigerian, on the exact same flight locks himself in the bathroom for an hour. Apparently he was "legitimately ill."
8 years ago, thanks to the shoe bomber, we had to start taking our shoes off at the airport. This time, it was in his underwear...

chowhound

I read that they will be doing the same things here, too, Chow. It is scary to read that this guy was on our radar for at least 2 years, but still managed to smuggle explosives onto a flight.

I was also remembering flying while I was pregnant - I couldn't avoid going to the bathroom for an hour! This is going to cause some problems. I'm thinking they will be selling Depends at the airports now.

They don't have those bags anymore behind the seats?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They are backing off the nothing in your lap like a blanket or the no bathroom the last hours of a flight as well as the view screen on the seat backs being off.

A little over reaction as usual. The guy was on a watch list in England due to the fact he lied on a visa application about attending a school there. It had nothing to do with being a suspected terrorist but someone gaming the immigration laws in England. According to his father he called the US Embassy to tell them his son was getting into becoming a possible terrorist. I keep hearing to about him buying his ticket with cash but he bought it in a country where even visa isn't accepted for the most part a cash only country. I am surprised he made it the checks at the European stops on his way here with anything attached to his body.