Teen Put M-80 Between Thighs To Muffle Explosion

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
This guy gets a Dumbass award!
mellow.gif

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 – updated: 10:27 am EST January 28, 2009
LATROBE, Pa. -- Police said a Latrobe teenager who lost his right hand and leg in an explosion has acknowledged playing with a powerful firework, and was not targeted or threatened as he first told police.Wesley Kimmick, 17, of Latrobe, remains hospitalized at UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh after a Jan. 10 explosion at his grandmother's home.Latrobe police said the teenager was playing with a large firecracker like an M-80 in his grandmother's house."There was a quarter stick of dynamite in the house where he was staying, and he got a hold of it and it blew him up basically," said his mother, Heather Adams.The boy kept lighting and extinguishing the fuse and when it wouldn't go out, police said he put the firework between his thighs and covered it with his right hand in hopes of muffling the explosion.Police said the boy first told them the explosive blew up in a backpack after he was the target of threats from unknown people.
Previous Stories:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
See now what do you think of child proofing the world folks. They grow up and enter the gene pool to breed more stupid people.:wink:

Deelady

Thank God I had a girl!!! Chances of something like this happening in my house are wayyyyy down!!! Sorry guys but its true!!!:sorry::D:hide2::bb:

chowhound

I was kinda thinking the same thing, Calico. Very intelligent interview by mom.... "He blew himself up basically."

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thank God I had a girl!!! Chances of something like this happening in my house are wayyyyy down!!! Sorry guys but its true!!!:sorry::D:hide2::bb:

I guess your girl is still very young. I had 3 sons followed by a daughter. Needless to say she was more of a problem than all 3 boys combined.

suziquzie

^^^^^ I will second that motion.
#3... girl.... is only 3 and going to kill me slowly..... painfully..... purposely.....

Deelady

well.......I DID get locked out by a certain munchkin in -8 degree snowy weather!! :mellow::mellow:

I withdrawl my comment!!! Damn.....I'm in trouble aren't I????:shock: