Three knives in one hand...

AllenOK

Mods, if you feel the need, please move this to the appropriate forum.

I captured this video a little over a week ago. Our robot-coupe is down, so we have to grind sausage by hand in the morning. This is a demonstration video showing how I use three knives in one hand to quickly chop up the meat. Pay special attention to my fingers when I flip my hand over. The goal is to keep the handles as close together as possible, while using your fingers to keep the blades separate, WITHOUT CUTTING YOUR FINGERS OFF!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzQSIgV6Os[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Allen! Excellent video!

Looks like that might take some prett good finger-strength. And PRACTICE!!!

Lee

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I chop, rather than grind, all my chopped meats. I like the texture better. Meat grinders don't really grind, but rather force the meat through a plate. I have used a two hand chop with a pair of cleavers, never tried 3 knives at a time. Interesting

AllenOK

Qsis, finger strength AND having some large hands really helps. Having knives with flat-sided handles would help even more, but I'm not that lucky. Those are the kitchen's knives, not mine.

I've been showing some of the cooks how to do this, since our robot-coupe is out-of-order right now. I always check to see how large their hands are before proceeding. Most of the guys can do this no prob, but the ladies are usually restricted to two knives.

Hopefully we get the new bowl for the robot-coupe soon.