AllenOK's first hotsauce

AllenOK

Ok, this is back from 2006, shortly before I moved back to Oklahoma. I went in to work, and the Chef grabbed me, and told me that I was going to help him make his Vintage 2006 Nuclear Sauce (he makes a yearly batch, then freezes).

He tells me to change, and to get back down to the kitchen, as I had two CASES of assorted peppers to stem, and some tomatoes to cut up. Chef was going to cut some onions, and start tossing the peppers, tomatoes, onions, whole garlic cloves, and cilantro sprigs into roasting pans to roast them.

Once we got them roasted, it was into the tilt skillet to simmer away. After it simmered enough to break down all the peppers, we pureed the mix in a vitamix, in batches.

Of course, we had to test it. I suggested cooking up some WingDings and tossing with the sauce. They were great! I couldn't stop eating. Of course, they were scorching hot. One of the other cooks (a really manly-man macho type) tried one. He took a couple bites, then looked at me (on my third or fourth), said, "Dude, I can't eat it," and TOSSED IT IN THE TRASH! He walked out of the banquet prep area, and 30 seconds later, walks back in with a glass of MILK! Woosie!!!!

Here's the finished product. We ended up with I believe 13 GALLONS of the stuff! All packed away in quart plastic jars and frozen. We would thaw the stuff out and use as needed to satisfy our hot sauce addictions. Occasionally, one of the members would feel brave, and ask for some.

PanchoHambre

nice pics ... man I wanted to grab one of those wing dings right through the screen....promise I wouldn't go running for milk

AllenOK

Oh, trust me, you will run. About 24 hours AFTER I eat them.

The day AFTER I ate about a dozen of them, well, the end product was "released". I had to listen to PeppA on the throne for several minutes. As soon as she came out of the WC, I let loose with a tiny, insignificant little raspberry. She looks at me, and says, "Is that all you can manage?"

60 seconds later she ran screaming when she smelled it.

I know, I know. TMI, TMI!

MODS: If this is "over the line", let me know, and I'll delete the offending text.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have to agree with the others those wings look great and I don't hadn't eaten chicken in years till the other night. I also had some Buffalo wings that were hell hot. Not bad once I found chicken that was biologically altered.

AllenOK

I was so freaking addicted, that if the other cooks were cold, they would cook a few up, leave them where I would find them, and once I had consumed them, the others would bask in my radiant heat.

Of course, I had to warn PeppA so that she could leave town for a day.

In all honesty, I have made a MUCH smaller batch, like about a cup of the stuff. I roasted a few Hab's on the grill at work, along with some thick-cut onions, and some pineapple. This was mixed with a few other ingredients (don't think I put any vinegar in it). It was GREAT! IT WAS FREAKING HOT!

The other cook on the hot line at that time decided he could just saute some Hab's to use for hot sauce. He ended up fumigating the entire kitchen. 'Nuff said.