Mom's Zucchini Bread

Johnny West

A few days ago we made 4 loave of zucchini bread to get rid of some of this surplus. They were placed in the freezer for future use. I used the all recipes.com Mom's recipe.

Attachments

• ########Zucchini Bread.JPG
    ########Zucchini Bread.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 264

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What are you Baking today?

I'm thinking it's this one, since there are several "Mom's" recipes on allrecipes.com

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/6698/moms-zucchini-bread/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=24

Looks good! Wish I had a warm slice right now, to go with my pumpkin coffee!

Lee

1037957.jpg

Mom's Zucchini Bread

full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg

• Prep
    20 m
  • Cook
    1 h
  • Ready In
    1 h 40 m

Recipe By:v monte
"Really, really good and moist- my kids eat it as quickly as I can make it. Bread will freeze well, and keep in refrigerator for weeks."
Ingredients

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 eggs

• 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions

1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 10/7/2016

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have an excellent zucchini bread recipe here. Even folks who don't like it tend to like this loaf.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, this was tough to find, since it was buried in a long thread about cornbread!

Here's PieSusan's post:

Sunshine's Zucchini Bread
For those who garden and plant zucchini, this is a great way to use up your harvest. Most people who don’t like zucchini bread tend to like this one.

Sunshine's Zucchini Bread

Yield: 2 9-inch loaf pans. If you use 8-inch pans for your loaves you will have to bake them about 15 minutes longer.

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt (I use scant 1/2 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
Grease two 9x5x3 loaf pans and set aside. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Beat the eggs and add with the rest of the ingredients to the flour. Mix well. Scrape the bowl often and keep mixing for several minutes. Pour into pans and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pans. Then, cool right-side up on racks. This bread freezes well.

My note: Prior to putting them in the oven, I take a handful more of chocolate chips and sprinkle them on top for an extra special touch.

Maida Heatter is still with us. G-d bless her.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thank you, QSis! People will love this recipe. It is a definite keeper and crowd pleaser.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
One can even use enormous zucchini for this, just cut out the seeds and tough inner core part and grate the rest.