NCT'S Iron Chef 11: Battle Chicken

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Haven't posted a recipe for mine yet....I had.ahem..pots and pans to wash:glare:
dishes.gif

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think this is the best Iron Chef so far. I'm just amazed at all the creative uses for chicken. :clap::clap: Applause for all!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Pomodoro Over Polenta (with sauteed dandelion greens)
Julydinners070.jpg

Julydinners071.jpg

Julydinners074.jpg

Julydinners073.jpg

My son stopped by and shared dinner with me. I saved a double portion for Lou.
The pots and pans are soaking in the sink:whistling:...here we go again.

I can finally see the pics! That looks incredible Vera!! :clap:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
But actually, we had mixed veggies as well in a separate bowl. Just didn't fit on the plate. Did I ever mention that DW is a side NUT! :smile:

Love2"Q"

damn .. everyones food looks great ....
i am really surprised none of us south of the mason dixon
has posted and gizzards though ..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
But actually, we had mixed veggies as well in a separate bowl. Just didn't fit on the plate. Did I ever mention that DW is a side NUT! :smile:
are those tree nuts or more along the peanut line?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Mine's pretty simple compared to the wonderful stuff posted above...............

Breaded Chicken Cutlet, Sprouts, rice and gravy

360990374.jpg

Boy, that rice is SMOKIN" !!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, that looks beautiful. Gorgeous blue plate! Did you ever grate your sprouts? I grated them, then sauteed them with butter, cream, shallots and nutmeg. They were so sweet that even young kids ate them.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
You're very kind, VB............
of all my plates, the blue one, and one just like it, except green, are my favorites.

Grated sprouts ?
very interesting! Is that written down anywhere ?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just take fresh sprouts and use a box grater (unless you have a food processor...just be careful not to overprocess). Saute them with the shallots in a bit of butter. Add cream , nutmeg and S&P just till thickened. Whole thing takes about 20 minutes on the stove.

GotGarlic

Enlightened Grilled Glazed Chicken with grilled veggies. This is something I thought about a while ago, but didn't have a chance to make it. Mom and her husband came by unexpectedly for dinner yesterday, and everyone loved it. The Dijon keeps it from being too sweet. Yummy yummy!

We grilled the veggies, too - onion, bell peppers, and zucchini - and tossed them with EVOO, S&P and minced fresh basil and oregano from the garden.

Attachments

• glazed-chicken-1048w.jpg
    glazed-chicken-1048w.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 150

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Enlightened Grilled Glazed Chicken with grilled veggies. This is something I thought about a while ago, but didn't have a chance to make it. Mom and her husband came by unexpectedly for dinner yesterday, and everyone loved it. The Dijon keeps it from being too sweet. Yummy yummy!

We grilled the veggies, too - onion, bell peppers, and zucchini - and tossed them with EVOO, S&P and minced fresh basil and oregano from the garden.
yummy!! do you also have grilled carrots in there? or is it orange bell peppers, it kinda looks like the skin on a pepper peeling back?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
i was gonna do chicken parm but when is battle chicken over?

I think today is the cut off, Peeps................I had chicken Parm planned as well; I'll change up somewhat.........I've got a spaghetti squash to utuilize !

GotGarlic

yummy!! do you also have grilled carrots in there? or is it orange bell peppers, it kinda looks like the skin on a pepper peeling back?

Thanks! No carrots - I used green, orange and red bell peppers, along with the others I mentioned.

Last edited: