Burdette Street - New Orleans

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here it is - home in three weeks!!

BurdetteStNewOrleans001.jpg

The painters are there all week repainting the outside. The inside.....amazing! The rooms are bigger than what I have here!!

You walk into a large sunroom/foyer. Then, into a very large living room, 12 ft. ceilings, with an ornamental fireplace.

Then, into the dining room, another fireplace, with a fleur de lis trim around the room.

Off to the left is a hallway. Make a left and you have a very large bedroom. A full bath is also in the hallway.

Make a right and you have the master bedroom and another full bath.

The kitchen is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay so much bigger than what I've had my entire life!! The only thing I don't like is the electric oven/stove, but I grew up with that, and I can adjust.

Down the steps into the yard, with a covered patio, then onto the lawn with small garden. Plenty of room for my swing, fire pit, garden spikes, and the mannequin. Pretty sure there's a shed, too. Around the side of the house is a utility room with a washer and dryer.

The owner is fine with me painting the rooms any colour I like. The dining room is already a very nice goldenrod colour. The master bedroom is a burgundy colour, so I'll probably leave that. I plan to redo the living room, the second bedroom and the bathrooms.

I can plant whatever I want. I hated coming back here...I want to get busy with my new place!!!

So, here we go!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks SS!!

Just got off the phone with my parents. They are both 74, living in Jacksonville. When I say 74, it's a very very very young 74. They'll come the week Lou has to go back to Philly for a couple more weeks of work. My dad says he'll do the painting with me. My mom will be outside planting:applause:

Have soooo much to do!

GotGarlic

This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! It sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with the place! :smile:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Terrific, Vera. Your new house sounds so comfortable. Great move and you're going to find it so satisfying that you followed your dreams. :)

Lefty

Yank
Just think, in a couple of months this will all be a nice memory while you sit in the yard drinking sangria relaxing in your new life. :alc:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Vera, your new house is beautiful!!! I adore the dentil molding over the large window with the shutters. 12 ft. ceilings are sooo nice in the south. The rooms stay much cooler. If you can add a few ceiling fans hung low, you will cut your A/C use greatly. And a big kitchen? Fantastic! You, of all people, deserve a nice, big place to work your magic. I can't wait to see the inside pics.

Congratulations!

K

Kimchee

COngrats! Hope that house becomes a happy home really quickly!
Feel free to post more pictures, too! :):) :)

Good luck in Nawlins!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
How wonderful Vera! It looks and sounds like it's perfect! I can't wait to see the inside and what you do with it! Thank you so much for allowing us all to be a part of this adventure!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, that house was meant especially for you to find.
See now? Things have a way of working out.
Awesome. :D

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The outside is being painted as we speak...They started the work on Friday!

I was wondering what was on the siding beneath the windows....

I didn't take pictures of the inside because it was still furnished with the current occupants things. She's kept it very nice and clean inside. She's a nurse, living in this house since her's was destroyed by Katrina. Good karma all around, so far!!

Meme4251

So happy for you, VB and Lou! The home looks like it suits you & Lou to a "T".....Please keep us updated on the fixin up once your down there..Will be thinking of you, Meme:heart:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are all the rooms on one level, Vera?

Are you renting the house?

What is the room whose shuttered windows we see in the picture?

Congratulations - very cool!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My portion of the rented house is all one level, until you go down the back stairs to the yard. There is a smaller apartment beneath my main floor. The front of the house is the living room, which looks onto Burdette.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
well, yes, I have to share the yard....but the tenants that live downstairs are leaving in July, so it could take a while before the new tenants come in. By that time I'll have completely taken over. I have no problem sharing the yard or my furniture as long as it's respected.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Wouldn't it be fun to live in the downstairs apartment from VERA???? :bounce:

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
LOL! Wouldn't it be fun to live in the downstairs apartment from VERA???? :bounce:

Lee
Just think of the gourmet meals every weekend. I'd weigh waaaaaaaaaaay too much in a very short period of time, and my hands would be all chapped from doing all of Vera's dishes.:lol: