Are You a Bowl Freak?

Shermie

Site Supporter
How many of you like to buy tons & tons of bowls, especially the sets of them?

I bought so many sets because it's like I'm addicted to having so many of them! Every time that I went into a department store, I didn't leave there without at least one or two sets of bowls, either stainless steel, plastic or otherwise.

If I saw a set of nowls and it looked like somerthing I wanted, I was bringing it home! I got so many sets of bowls now, but I wouldn't part with them because they DO have lots of good uses.

Yes, I admit that I'm a bowl freak! I wouldn't have it any other way!! :chef:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like buying different soup bowls, and have only 1 matched set lol
Other than that, If I go to an antique store, heck.. even the dollar stores, I always find another bowl that catches my eye.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I haven't bought any bowls as of late, but I'd like to get what they call the Pourfect bowls.

They are used to add ingredients to the bowl of your mixer, preventing spillage of the stuff on the counter or table!

leolady

Yes, I'm a bowl freak. I have restaurant stainless steel bowls & basins, copper bowls, pyrex sets of bowls, crockery bowls, and who knows what is next.

I am thinking of buying some restaurant plastic bowls in yellow to use as planters for herbs in my kitchen -- since I have 8 of those cute window corner shelves.

Do you count Electric mixers and their bowls? If so, I am in deep doo doo. I have 15 Hobart and Kitchenaid mixers in my collection, and some of them have multiple bowls and copper liners, and copper bowls.

Does this mean I have to go to a 12 step program?

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
WOW!!!

Fifteen mixers?!! Well, excuse me while I go sit in the corner and pout like a little boy!! I'm jealous!! Just kidding. Hehe!!

I got three stand mixers, and I thought I was bad! Where do you keep them all?

But you might have to go to the 12-step program if you don't have the bowls for all your mixers.

Last edited:

leolady

WOW!!!

Fifteen mixers?!! Well, excuse me while I go sit in the corner and pout like a little boy!! I'm jealous!! Just kidding. Hehe!!

I got three stand mixers, and I thought I was bad! Where do you keep them all?

But you might have to go to the 12-step probram if you don't have the bowls for all your mixers.

DR SPICE FUNKENSTEIN [KA chrome Model G] home in use
5b570e10.jpg

STARCHILD [KA chrome 4C] home in use
05b4129b.jpg

SILVER SURFER [KA chrome Model G] home awaiting a new cord
SILVERKITCHENAIDLEFT.jpg

Badmammajamma II [KA KSS] in storage awaiting a cooking class
DSCN1532.jpg

Sir Mix-A-Lot [KA K-5A] in storage awaiting cooking class
Milton the Monster [KA K-5A] in storage awaiting cooking class
The Great White Hope [KA K-5A] At friend Joyce's house
KA5A.jpg

Phoenix [KA 4-B] at home awaiting a new cord, then cooking class
KA4B.jpg

Sadist [KA 4-B] At friend Joyce's House
K4BMIXER.jpg

Atom Ant [KA K] At home on display
KAMODELK-1.jpg

Mighty Mouse [KA 3-B] At Aunt Phyllis' house
Superboy [KA 3-B] At friend Jo Ann's apt.
GLASSJUICER.jpg

Galactus [Hobart C-100] At Church kitchen
HOBARTC-100.jpg

Frankie Frankenstein [Hobart N50 prototype] At home awaiting servicing
PROTOTYPEHOBARTN50.jpg

THE MOTHERSHIP CONNECTION [Hobart 1947 N50] at Aunt Phyllis' house
THEMOTHERSHIPNOW2-1.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Looks like you got a few K'Aid mixers that the Beater Blade would fit.

Not sure about the 4-C though.

But that IS a lot of bowls with all those mixers!

Last edited:

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Now that you mention it, yes !!!

I like some bowls for mixing, some for storage, and of course we eat a variety of foods in bowls.

When I saw that new sets of dishes are being sold either only two sets of plates by themselves, or just plates and mugs, I was very disturbed !!! VERY !!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, and speaking of all those mixers Leolady posted above, I got at at least TWO bowls with each of the three mixers that I own.

Three with the K-45SS - a 3-qt mixer bowl - the Baby Bowl!

Two with the K-5SS

Two with the Electrulux Assistant DLX-2000.

And also, THREE work bowls that automatically came with the food processor!

Thirteen sets of bowls as well, plus two sets of icecream bowls Close to 100 bowls in all!!

Last edited:

leolady

Badmammajamma II [KA KSS] in storage awaiting a cooking class
DSCN1532.jpg

Sir Mix-A-Lot [KA K-5A] in storage awaiting cooking class
Milton the Monster [KA K-5A] in storage awaiting cooking class
The Great White Hope [KA K-5A] At friend Joyce's house
KA5A.jpg

The beater blade will only fit these models, but that is 4 mixers to buy them for! :shock:

GotGarlic

Wow, Leolady, I feel so deprived - I don't have even one stand mixer. Of course, I don't bake much. Maybe that's why :ohmy: :wink:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a couple of sets of stainless mixing bowls and as many glass bowls all ranging in size and shape, with and without lids. I have two sets of ingredient bowls (small for herbs and such to have ready) as well as a set of 8 small porcelain bowls. All of them are used for mixing, marinating and ingredients.

Now for eating I have a 3 piece set of pasta dishes (a cross between a plate and bowl), rice bowls, soup bowls. I just got rid of the last plastic bowl in the house and will never bring another back in again. I've found it gives some foods a plastic taste.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm not a bowl freak, but I like to collect different types of dishes and serving pieces. I get some stuff from estate and garage sales. I like shell-shaped stuff to use with seafood, and I love pasta sets. Target has some pretty good looking dishes that are sold by the piece. They have some nice looking square plates that I would surely like to have.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Wow, Leolady, I feel so deprived - I don't have even one stand mixer. Of course, I don't bake much. Maybe that's why :ohmy: :wink:

Maybe she'll sell you one of hers. Hehe!! Seeing that she's got K'Aid Stand Mixers hand over fist! Haha!! :chef:

PanchoHambre

LEO... you are a showoff!

I really like old pyrex mixing bowls I buy them when I see them especially the brightly colored ones

lefty... puff puff pass back to ya

Shermie

Site Supporter
Might as well put my 2 cents in.

And BTW, the work bowl that came with your food processor counts as a bowl as well, so 3 came with mine.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 182

leolady

Don't tell me the FP work bowls count! Man that is bad.

I have in Cuisinarts a mini, a little pro, a classic, two 8 cup, an 11 cup, a 14 cup, and a 20 cup. Then there are my two Robot Coupe commercial FPs.

And I didn't count my mom's two sets of colored pyrex bowls I inherited. And then there are the 30 or so place settings of Corelle Spring Blossom green dishes with their cereal and serving bowls.

I am Leo, and I am a bowl freak............

Shermie

Site Supporter
Welcome to the club!

I'm a BONAFIED bowl freak!! I figured that you'd react and start naming things. Haha!! :chef: