Fried calimari dipping sauce needed

lilylove

lol Bucky... Mr. Greek won't use Tsatsiki on his fish and Mr. Picky won't use tomato sauce on his fish.. but maybe Hubby bear will go for the chili sauce!

PanchoHambre

sometimes just lemon.... if i'm dipping a basic marinara....I would think a lemony-garlic-aioli would be good

There is a restaurant near my folks house that has a salad called "Calamari Contessa" which is fried calamari on baby greens with a balsamic vinaigrette... I cant remember exactly what the dressing is like or what else is in the salad or if the calamari is breaded I dont think it is (it is really fry masquerading as a salad) but if I remember it is sort of citrusy? Really Really good. Sorry for being vague I will have to order it sometime and try to dissect it.

Calicolady

I usually use marinara & lemon. But that lemon/garlic aioli does sound good. I'd use roasted garlic though made into a paste.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Spicy marinara with a pinch of red pepper flakes, and some times a dab of pesto atop of the marinara. My fav!

PanchoHambre

do you have a good recipe for this...i have been searching all over and have only ever had it in Houston,Tx...

thx

ARGH Houston!!! :idea:.. that must be where the idea came into my head from... it was aioli-everything there... it can't be that hard.... now I have another project.:bonk:

simplicity

ARGH Houston!!! :idea:.. that must be where the idea came into my head from... it was aioli-everything there... it can't be that hard.... now I have another project.:bonk:

Pancho, you did it again. Houstonians must be a predictable bunch. :wink: Calamari has been on sale for two weeks. I've looked at it and passed on it because I couldn't think of a suitable sauce off the top of my head.
Aioli sounds perfect.

I think taste buds must adjust to the environment. Later this week I'm going to a Peruvian cafe just to sample the seviche. Seviche is another thing that's on a lot of menus. I love it.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Pancho, you did it again. Houstonians must be a predictable bunch. :wink: Calamari has been on sale for two weeks. I've looked at it and passed on it because I couldn't think of a suitable sauce off the top of my head.
Aioli sounds perfect.

I think taste buds must adjust to the environment. Later this week I'm going to a Peruvian cafe just to sample the seviche. Seviche is another thing that's on a lot of menus. I love it.

i love houston, my favorite mexican restaurant is there and the place i ate calamari was at the Downtown Aquarium..a little pricey but was the best calamari and aioli i have eaten

actually this one looks good courtesy Mr Puck

thanks so much for this

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I assume you're looking for something other than your typical tail of the cock sauce??

I love a good pesto aioli or lemon aioli. Tomato bruschetta is also very good.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
dash of fine ground dry mustard
a dash or two of galic powder
1/2 Tsp.Horse Radish
1 Tsp. Catsup
1/4 cup mayo

This good with crawfish. I would try it with calamari.