Pet pics

chowhound

I didn't see a thread for this yet.
I was just going to post a pic of Pierce. Many of you might remember the pup that used to be in one of my avatars. This was taken last week while he was wandering around the office. His breeder wanted to see some candid body shots. Seventeen months old now. Almost time for Mr Pierce to meet Mr Scissors :unsure: He just needs to fill out a little more. And a pic (sniff) of when he was just a little tyke. How fast they grow.
And it wouldn't be complete without a pic of Tursa, my Presa Canario and Petra, my GSD. And yep. Gotta cat, too. Nova, an Oriental SH.

Show 'em if ya gottem!

Attachments

• pierce.jpg
    pierce.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Petra 17 June 2008.jpg
    Petra 17 June 2008.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Nova in crate.JPG
    Nova in crate.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Tursa1.JPG
    Tursa1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 282

lilylove

That cutie on the bottom looks just like a pit we used to have. Loved that dog. She was so kind and sweet. David (24 years old now) used to ride around on her back like she was a horse. They both loved it.

chowhound

Yeah, before I got one I thought they looked like APBTs, too, but totally different head and body type. It's hard to see in that pic. Same friendly dispostion (to humans) though. My next dog might be a pitty. Tursa's in her twilight.... 9 years old....

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Here are mine: First up is Airy the collie, gone now. Then Ophelia my Springer Spaniel, also gone now (best dog I ever had, never left my side!). Then there is Lassie the beagle and Princess the toy fox hound:

Attachments

• Picture 137.jpg
    Picture 137.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCF0162.jpg
    DSCF0162.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF2300.jpg
    DSCF2300.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Misc 029a.jpg
    Misc 029a.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 248

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
My doggies.

Rebel is the big guy smiling.
Chuckie is the orange one upside down.
Jazz is the solid black
Destiney is the white
and the baby Molly is the black/brown/white.

Attachments

• 000_1018.jpg
    000_1018.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 240
  • xmas 2007 033.jpg
    xmas 2007 033.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 000_0778.jpg
    000_0778.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 235
  • destiney.jpg
    destiney.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 226
  • jazz2.jpg
    jazz2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 219

lilylove

This is Lily Lily Queen of cats.

We think she thought she was a dog. She loved to have her belly rubbed all the time. She even slept upside down like this. Boy we miss her.

Attachments

• dak's lily.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 287

lilylove

Opps... That didn't work... well if you click on the link thingy bobber you can see her.

I'll have Paul show me how to post a real photo. Sorry guys.

chowhound

Sorry to hear about Airy and Ophelia. I think last time we talked pets you still had them.

How long did it take you to frame Lassie with that Bobby Flay book in the background? lol Just jokin' Cooking reference and all....

I might go out to Pierce's breeder in a couple weeks. She has one litter a year and has some seven week olds she's going to be temperament testing. In other words, it will be a small party for us dog folk, lol. Gotta love puppies.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about Airy and Ophelia. I think last time we talked pets you still had them.

How long did it take you to frame Lassie with that Bobby Flay book in the background? lol Just jokin' Cooking reference and all....

I might go out to Pierce's breeder in a couple weeks. She has one litter a year and has some seven week olds she's going to be temperament testing. In other words, it will be a small party for us dog folk, lol. Gotta love puppies.

Took me a little coaching to get her just right on the chair so ya could see the book in the background... had to make it seem like it was accidental!:yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
OH, and yes last time around Ophelia was still here, Airy passed in 04. We were posting pet picks and it was Jeeks I think that posted his Springer Spaniel and I posted mine, she passed shortly after that.
I love Jeeks Springer, she is a great looking dog.

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's my Bloo. I'm sorry to say, I had to bring her to the vet this morning for a growth she has on her chest. Somehow her skin broke, it doesn't look good. I hope the Doc can get her in soon. I bought some very small t-shirts for her so she wouldn't lick it.

July16006.jpg

Mutt.jpg

P1010012.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is my group 1 dog named Biggs (mix between Basset Hound and Jack Russell Terrier) and two minx cats from the same litter name Dog (short tail) and Bird (no tail).

Attachments

• KY01.4223018-2-x.jpg
    KY01.4223018-2-x.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 254
  • TheBoys.jpg
    TheBoys.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 244

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful pet pictures, everybody!

So nice that you guys keep, and post, pictures of those furry loved ones who have passed on.

Jeekins, my healing, positive thoughts are with you and Bloo. Gonna be okay.

Here's my chubby-loafer, 12 year old Bud. I'm a one-cat woman, always has to be a male grey tiger. I've never had a dog. I'm happy with my tabby guys.

Lee

Attachments

• Bud, face front.JPG
    Bud, face front.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

chowhound

Yeah, Dog and Bird... I used to take care of a cat named Puppy. I love a good play on names.

Keep us (me) informed on Bloo, Jeeks. I like to keep up with such things. I take it it wasn't just a sebaceous cyst then? I hope it turns out to be nothing.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You named a cat Dog???:unsure:

That is almost as bad as my kids naming the beagle Lassie!!:yum:

Nope I didn't my 3 year old grandson did the same with Bird. Now they are 2 years old and my grandson is 5. The name do fit them though since Dog acts more like a dog than a cat and bird always want to get in the highest place in the room. Manx are extremely entertaining cats, know as a man's cat.

High Cheese

Saucier
Yeah, Dog and Bird... I used to take care of a cat named Puppy. I love a good play on names.

Keep us (me) informed on Bloo, Jeeks. I like to keep up with such things. I take it it wasn't just a sebaceous cyst then? I hope it turns out to be nothing.

LOL...We had a very large black lab named Kitty.

Not sure about the growth yet. Took x-rays, may be larger inside near the lungs. Just waiting for lab results now.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a cat I named Rover. He was far too dignified for the name, so after him, I vowed to name pets human names. :rolleyes:

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics guys (and gals)!

Here's Bailey Blue:

Attachments

• DSCF0032.jpg
    DSCF0032.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 128

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's pretty cool. I've never seen GD that color.... like a Weimaraner. Very stunning.

Ohh, she's beautiful!! That shiny coat!!

Thanks! :D

They call the color 'Blue' for some reason. When she was a pup her fur looked and felt like velvet. So soft.
She was mistaken for a Weimaraner when she was a pup. Most don't realize she's a Great Dane since we did opted not to dock her ears.