More prayers for Ozzy...

buckytom

Grill Master
it's over.

at noon today, ozzy's dad made the decision to have him taken off life support. he got worse last night and was finally declared brain dead.

i could have told them that years ago. :smile:

he decided to end this quickly so that the majority of his organs could be donated.

well, my best friend is gone. please say a prayer now that he goes quickly to a good place.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry Bucky, I'm glad you got to be friends again and he had a good last year. I'm praying for you and your family and his.

RIP Ozzy

lilylove

Oh Bucky.... I'm so sorry. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts all day today.

I'm so glad that you got to go play in the snow this winter. Keep the good memories close to your heart and remember the good and happy times. Remember the love that you had. You were a wonderful friend and he knew that all the way to the end. He was so lucky to have you in his life.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am soooo sorry for your loss, Tom. I was so hoping that he would rally for you. I will keep you and his family in my prayers. I lost my best friend a year ago and although I still miss him, I think of him with great fondness and love and am grateful for the times we had and shared. May you find comfort in the happy memories as I have and may you treasure the time you had together.
(((((Tom)))))

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Bucky.... I'm so sorry. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts all day today.

I'm so glad that you got to go play in the snow this winter. Keep the good memories close to your heart and remember the good and happy times. Remember the love that you had. You were a wonderful friend and he knew that all the way to the end. He was so lucky to have you in his life.

What Lily said!!

Big hugs from this corner Tom!!

suziquzie

So sorry Tom,

I've been there, without the life support part.......

but I still don't know what to say besides I'm sorry and be glad you had reconciled and had more good times.

GotGarlic

I'm sorry to hear this news, BT, but it's good that you reconciled with him and had some good times over the last year. Those will be good memories. Take care.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm so very sorry to hear this Bucky. I really didn't expect it. We'll keep you and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks everyone.

i don't know how to deal with this. i'm a wreck. i didn't see this coming, as stupid as that sounds.

i feel so guilty having a beautiful wife and son. i wished he could have experienced these things.

we had so much more to do together.

please tell the people you love just that. don't skip a day.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tom, I've never been much of a praying person, but I've recently started adding prayers to my positive and healing energies. I guess I'm the only one that this comes as a surprise to, but it helps me, and I can only hope that it helps the objects of my prayers.

I'm adding you to them.

(Not that I think of you as an object ... but ... oh, you know what I mean!)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't see it coming either - I had a good feeling about Ozzy's prognosis.

Lee

leolady

Oh Bucky! I really feel for you my dear. And don't feel guilty, you deserve your gorgeous wife and son. Ozzy was fortunate enough to call you buddy, and I know was comforted by your friendship.

God bless both of you.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
^I couldn't have been more eloquent than you, leolady. Listen to her Tom. Be grateful and hold onto what you have close. I am so sorry that you are hurting, if there is anything I could do to help, let me know.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
BT, it broke my heart for you, and all the people who loved him, when I read of Ozzy’s death. I’m keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers as you work through this process of living without him.

I know what you mean when you say you feel guilty. Our minds and hearts yearn for logic and sense when someone is gone before they have gotten to enjoy the pleasures of growing old and knowing the beauty of a slower, simpler existence with time to take it in fully. We wonder why they have been denied, or even cheated out of, this time when others, even ourselves, live on. Has some mistake been made? Didn’t we make some of the same bad choices? Have we somehow been deemed more worthy than the one we lost and if so, how can that be?

All I can say to you is this – I have learned that there is no sense to be made of it. There is no logic. It’s a freakin’ crapshoot, when you get right down to it. Yes, we should and do try to hedge our bets by being careful and taking precautions and avoiding the things that will harm us. But then sometimes, a bus comes out of nowhere and it’s all for naught.

I’m not trying to sound grim or fatalistic. I’m saying that I’ve learned not to spend too much time on the fairness or the why’s or the what if’s. Instead, remember that you were granted the gift of having Ozzy as a friend and he was granted the same gift in you. He is not more or less precious because his time was short. And hold tight to the greatest truth in life – one that you already know. Love fully those in your life today because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Hugs for you and all of those left behind. And Godspeed Ozzy as he makes his way to his next adventure.

GotGarlic

BT, it broke my heart for you, and all the people who loved him, when I read of Ozzy’s death. I’m keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers as you work through this process of living without him.

I know what you mean when you say you feel guilty. Our minds and hearts yearn for logic and sense when someone is gone before they have gotten to enjoy the pleasures of growing old and knowing the beauty of a slower, simpler existence with time to take it in fully. We wonder why they have been denied, or even cheated out of, this time when others, even ourselves, live on. Has some mistake been made? Didn’t we make some of the same bad choices? Have we somehow been deemed more worthy than the one we lost and if so, how can that be?

All I can say to you is this – I have learned that there is no sense to be made of it. There is no logic. It’s a freakin’ crapshoot, when you get right down to it. Yes, we should and do try to hedge our bets by being careful and taking precautions and avoiding the things that will harm us. But then sometimes, a bus comes out of nowhere and it’s all for naught.

I’m not trying to sound grim or fatalistic. I’m saying that I’ve learned not to spend too much time on the fairness or the why’s or the what if’s. Instead, remember that you were granted the gift of having Ozzy as a friend and he was granted the same gift in you. He is not more or less precious because his time was short. And hold tight to the greatest truth in life – one that you already know. Love fully those in your life today because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Hugs for you and all of those left behind. And Godspeed Ozzy as he makes his way to his next adventure.

That is beautifully put, Terry. Thank you for saying it - there's a lot of wisdom here.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am very sorry BT, I honestly thought I had posted in here. I am sorry your friend is gone, I will send a prayer that he has gone to a better place, with real cool ski slopes to keep him occupied.
It is good you reconciled, and it sounds like he did live life to his fullest.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
it's over.

at noon today, ozzy's dad made the decision to have him taken off life support. he got worse last night and was finally declared brain dead.

i could have told them that years ago. :smile:

he decided to end this quickly so that the majority of his organs could be donated.

well, my best friend is gone. please say a prayer now that he goes quickly to a good place.

Awww, I so sorry!! I saw this and cried for Ozzy and family, but, also for you! I'm very glad that you got to be friends again. I'm sure that meant a lot to him! Hugs to you my friend!!:heart::heart:
I always say I love you to ones that I really care about. I told someone that I care deeply about that I love them, just this morning!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear this BT. I'll say a prayer for all his family and friends.