Interesting shower doors color

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I finished completely remodeling this bathroom yesterday, and thought I'd share the out-of-the-ordinary shower doors and tile job. The customer got a "good deal" on the doors, and will accessorize around them. BTW, this was a "down to the studs" renovation...

P1010973.jpg

It's hard to see above, but the ceiling was tiled on 45 degree angle as shown in this pre-grouted picture...

P1010961.jpg

Here are a couple of additional views...

P1010958.jpg

P1010975.jpg

P1010976.jpg

The customer still does not have the special order wall plates, which is why they are missing in the pics.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful job Joe! I don't know if I like the color of the shower doors but the bathroom looks wonderful!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That is gorgeous, Joe! Yeah, the shower door color is a little off, but the tile work is spectacular. I really love the little band that looks like river stones.

suziquzie

LOL I think with all that beautiful tile work I'd have found a way to spends a little more on a nice door!
NIce work Joe :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
What kind of tile is it? It looks kinda like travertine.
The tile is imported Italian porcelain that took 4 months to get delivered. They are 5" square for the walls and 15" square on the floor, and while the color is random, so are the tile sizes. In 30 years of doing this kind of work, I have never seen such inconsistently sized tile, and nobody can tell me why that is. The feature band is hand split river stones of varying sizes, and was another challenge to make look nice. Most of them had to come off the glue strip they were on so they could be arranged nicely and to fill the gap consistently around the room.

I believe the color of the doors is cranberry, and that was another challenge working with because it's powder coat paint so I had to keep it covered to prevent any nicks or scratches.

This sure was a lot of money to put into a 5'x8' bathroom, but it came out very nice. I wanted to paint the entry door and trim white, but she wanted it left the walnut stained oak. Gag!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I did my downstairs bathroom in a Blue Italian tile that was a bugger to put up for that same reason. No tow pieces seemed to be the same size. It had a similar "watery" effect to the tile.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
The bathroom looks GREAT! Love the sink! Not liking the shower door color. Its mauve and I am NOT a mauve kind of guy :tongue:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
The tile is imported Italian porcelain that took 4 months to get delivered. They are 5" square for the walls and 15" square on the floor, and while the color is random, so are the tile sizes. In 30 years of doing this kind of work, I have never seen such inconsistently sized tile, and nobody can tell me why that is.
Oooooh, it must be handmade tiles! Each tile is individually made by hand so there are huge variations in the thicknesses and size - they aren't perfectly square. I love the way it looks. They must have been outrageously expensive!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Oooooh, it must be handmade tiles! Each tile is individually made by hand so there are huge variations in the thicknesses and size - they aren't perfectly square. I love the way it looks. They must have been outrageously expensive!
These tiles are not individually hand made. They all come out of a mold, but each mold cavity is a little bit off. They were expensive, but nothing close to actual hand made tile.

FooD

Beautiful work Joe! I like the shower door. I thought they were anodized but powder coating would give it more deep rich color. I like the color.