Ying to your Yang...The Happy Thread

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i said i love him, too, bucky. i luv people like that.
unless a guy set aside my wavering happiness in a creul, uncompromosing manner, too mean, too blatant..... , i'd still luv him.
my 11-ish years with my jake isn't to be tossed away nor will it be thrown to the wind.
i love him.
i can't not luv the guy.

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
good. now everything else can be worked out so long as you both keep telling each other what's in your heart.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we're working towads that, bucky, & prospects we have yet to fully make into shards that we can pick apart.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom was here; she brought me 4 bottles of TIGI shampoo & conditioner to pick from; she'd gotten my beloved scent, so i picked those 2.
we went to 'iggle & i got some great food. got some lovely produce, my dear dietz & watson deli london broil, citterio fresco rosmarino ham, & many other goodies. plus i found my beloved shade of lipstick, & i luvvvvvvvv lipstick!!!!!!! i am not whole when i haven't got my liptint on & w/ me. i get dagnabbin frantic. & it was purchased w/ a coupon so that was $0.
Mom gave me a few $$ & got me this girly-girl item that was so damned cute i decided i couldn't continue on if i didn't get it. soooo, before i hyperventilated or wept or something similarly drastic she got it for me. he-he, & 2 people, good company, they were by as i was gonna submit this message. great laughs, 2 lovely people.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so i went to the pub. this lady just tossed a generous amount of $$ my way & nodded. i was like, welp, wtf, gimme another drink from that cash! i think she's this gal that dates a chum of mine, eh, IDK, it's complicated & she got me a drink. now i ought to figure whom she is, buy her a sixer orher some good food & that

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my brother rang me a minute ago. he got to meet his new 'lil girl raynin finally. he is so happppyyyyy!!!!!!!! he adores her. he wanted a 'lil girl so much & he got his 'lil raynin! he'd gotten into some chit & was away for awhile. he said he luvs me, wanted to say 'hi' & i says, 'i luv your too, brother.'

Attachments

• IMG_047086.jpg
    IMG_047086.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 90

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
SUCCESS!!!

I finally got around to replacing the starter on DW’s car! I had to go to Harbor Freights and get a new hydraulic floor jack, a tilt head ratchet, and a set of wobble extensions. Then to Home Depot for some odds and ends (for the house, not the car :lol:), and then to the autoparts store for the parts.

Heh, it took longer to run the errands than it did to change the starter!

It was a bear though. Had to disconnect the battery, remove the fan assembly on the radiator as well as both undercarriage splash guards. Spent 45 minutes just getting the top bolt out of the starter. It is way in the back, can’t see it, tons of stuff in the way, too tight to get your hands in there - that's where the wobble extension and tilt ratchet came in!

There was a brief moment when it flashed in my head, forget it, call the wrecker and tow this thing to a shop already!

But no, I pressed on and got that top bolt, then the bottom bolt, and then the solenoid wires.

Off came the old, in went the new. Snugged the bottom bolt, and the top bolt actually went in like a breeze - a very tight, blind, can only feel it in the dark breeze, but a breeze. :lol:

Moment of truth, I connected the battery for a test, and YES!!!! Cranked right up and ready to go. Spent a few minutes putting the fan assembly and splash guards back on..........and DW immediately went shopping! :pat:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Whew. That’s a load off my mind. Much better now that both cars are running again. Two hours work from start to finish (not counting the time it took to run the errands). Not too shabby. I think I’ve earned this glass of wine! Cheers all!!! :drink2:

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations! I know Lisa's a happy camper!

Nawh.....she's a happy shopper!! :pat: :yum:

Yeah, she's thrilled. She told all the babies "Daddy did good', then took off and ran her errands.

It's SOOO much better now that she has her baby back and can run her errands as she wishes. Whew. Amazing how you take a car for granted until it doesn't run.