What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/6/2017 to Saturday 8/12/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Change of plans. Family wants Chinese takeout. Roast pork and Chinese veggies for hub and I.

I will have yogurt for dessert.

Johnny West

Today I stopped by the local Safeway to check out the discount meat bin and it was loaded. I got four two packs of discounted and expired Duroc center cut for chops that had a 50% off coupon at the register. They came out to about a buck a chop. For dinner tonight I just put this in the oven - fried off three chops and then am letting them braise with three Walla Walla Sweet Onions. I'll do a sweet potato for the side, a nice Whole30/Paleo meal. All this was done with the Wagner #8 dutch oven I got at a garage sale a few weeks ago, the first time I've used it.

Attachments

• #Duroc.jpg
    #Duroc.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 126

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a crazy, busy day running around getting things done.

I had a grilled artichoke sub from Penn Station, with iced tea for lunch.
Not sure about dinner yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was scrambled eggs with sweet Italian sausage, multicolored bells (green, red, orange and yellow), onions (red and yellow) and sliced tomato on the side.

eggs_081017_IMG_2670.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
A regular old boring side salad, though with homemade 1000 island dressing, to go with crab au gratin based on Mulate's recipe.

Attachments

• 2017-08-10 19.34.51.jpg
    2017-08-10 19.34.51.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 117

Ironman

🍺
Mango habanero boneless chicken wings from Bdubs. Sweet heat! :shock: Very good.

Attachments

• IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 110

Johnny West

My granddaughters mother just quit her job at BWW. I never got to eat there for the discount. :sad:

Tonight I fried up a bait of bacon for a BLT salad - used the #6 I just refurbished and it worked great, of course.

Dados1950

Tomorrow night...."Spring Rabbit Stew"

Rabbit legs,pancetta,leeks,carrots,celery,dry white wine,chicken stock,mushrooms,fingerling potatoes,green peas, crème fraich,dijon mustard,spices.

"Side dish" probably fresh "Jersey" tomatoes with drizzle of olive oil and diced red onion.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Meat Loaf, Jersey Corn off the Cob, Mashed w/ Gravy, a Garden Salad for me, Cukes and Onions for the Warden...

Meat Loaf, Corn off the Cob.jpg

Salad, Garden.jpg

Cukes and Onions 8-2017.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tricolor pasta with hot and mild Italian sausage, stewed tomatos, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and zucchini. Garlic rolls on the side.

Attachments

• 2017-08-11 17.28.58.jpg
    2017-08-11 17.28.58.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 96

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Friday evening work lunch:
Seafood and shrimp salad stuffed in a pita.
Utz sweet corn flavoured potato chips.
An orange.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be out of town for the next couple of days, so not sure what's going to be on our plates.

Going to spend the weekend with the kids and Grands. :wub:
Leaving here around noon or so.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday Leftovers ...
Meat Loaf & Cheese Sandwiches, Deli Potato & Macaroni Salads (UGH ! and Leftover Cukes & Onions

Meat Loaf Sandwiches.jpg

Johnny West

Sass, that sounds like a good weekend.

Tonight I'm grilling steaks and will get a russet to bake. There may be a veg, maybe not.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken and dumplings. Very good even if I did wing it, except for the dumplings, did use a recipe for them. I was so angry. Was going to use Bisquick, opened up a brand new box and there were bugs inside the sealed bag. :sad:

Attachments

• 2017-08-12 19.09.26.jpg
    2017-08-12 19.09.26.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 86

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD ordered Chinese - I had Egg roll and wonton soup for dinner tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken and dumplings. Very good even if I did wing it, except for the dumplings, did use a recipe for them. I was so angry. Was going to use Bisquick, opened up a brand new box and there were bugs inside the sealed bag. :sad:

Amazing ! In 35 years of using that product, we've never experienced anything remotely like your experience..... :yuk:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
revisited a local establishment for the first time in years after a not-so-great meal..... Better this time..............

Warden had a mess of King Crab Legs........

I had a Cajun Shrimp appetizer, in a garlic Butter ..... Sorry ! I ate some of them before I remembered that I had my camera with me...

Shrimp, Cajun Garlic .jpg

I continued with a Crab and Shrimp-stuffed Flounder. This wasn't the prettiest dish, and the shrimp was chopped so fine as to be invisible, but the flavors were there, and the fish was cooked perfectly.

IMG_4365.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
YUM ! They are always fun.......... :applause:

Yes they are.
This was Asian Grill Buffet.
My daughter in law suggested it.
I had peanut butter chicken and a sampling of many things.
I found the crab Rangoon to be a little too sweet with the filling though.
The sushi looked to be like it had been sitting for a while, so no touchy that lol