What Are Your Favorite Cool Weather Recipes?

Ol-blue

I'm making a big pot of chili right now and it made me wonder what everyone else's cool weather recipes that you like to fix during the cooler months?

I really like soups, stews and chili.

Ol-blue

Does anyone use the BBQ during the winter? I try when the weather is nice. Nothing better than a good BBQ steak in the winter.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Too cold, and the patio is covered in snow, LOL. But I like to do some pan searing of steaks year round!

chowhound

What a coincidence, Debbie! I took a bag of chili out of the freezer today! :lol:
We were kinda thinking along the same lines anyway....

I don't really have one thing I focus on more in one season than another. Maybe stew. Typically my chilis and soups starts out being made from leftovers now, so they can be made anytime I have a hunger for what they are being made from.

I grill year round. You know that! :biggrin: At least a few times/week in this weather, more during the summer.

Ol-blue

We are thinking along the same lines chowhound except for the snow. I LOVE snow.
When is your dinner?

Yes, warm desserts like cobblers.

lilylove

Dear Blue, Please do not wish for snow. Snow makes Lily grumpy! A grumpy Lily makes hubby grumpy! Two grumps in one house is not a good thing!!! lol!!!

Ol-blue

Lol lilylove...I dream of snow. We don't get enough of it. But I do understand the grumpy thing. There was a couple grumps here this morning.

chowhound

We are thinking along the same lines chowhound except for the snow. I LOVE snow.
When is your dinner?

Yes, warm desserts like cobblers.

Tonight? Anytime now..... maybe.
I'm still dead tired from moving around snow all day :yuk: We must have gotten another 8" last night, which made starting from scratch all over again clearing my paths for the dogs and moving drifts.
It's all I can do to type this and keep my beer glass filled :lol:

Ol-blue

Tonight? Anytime now..... maybe.
I'm still dead tired from moving around snow all day :yuk: We must have gotten another 8" last night, which made starting from scratch all over again clearing my paths for the dogs and moving drifts.
It's all I can do to type this and keep my beer glass filled :lol:

I guess I would be sick of it if I had to move snow all the time. Isn't that's what husbands are for?:glare:

PanchoHambre

Oh Debbie I bet that is a good Chili

Winter is misery for me... cooking some hearty food is a nice way to enjoy it

I like the simmer all day dishes... Chili, Ragu, Soup... I also find nothing warms the house up better than roasting a chicken..such a nice homey smell... in the summer though YUK.

chowhound

I guess I would be sick of it if I had to move snow all the time. Isn't that's what husbands are for?:glare:

As much as wives are for keeping your beer glass filled :hide:

I gotta get me another wife one of these days.... and show her how to run the snow blowers.

Ol-blue

Oh Debbie I bet that is a good Chili

Winter is misery for me... cooking some hearty food is a nice way to enjoy it

I like the simmer all day dishes... Chili, Ragu, Soup... I also find nothing warms the house up better than roasting a chicken..such a nice homey smell... in the summer though YUK.

It does smell good. I won a cook-off with this chili.

Ol-blue

As much as wives are for keeping your beer glass filled :hide:

I gotta get me another wife one of these days.... and show her how to run the snow blowers.

LOL...Good one, but I would hide under that chair if I was you too.
If we got snow I would own a snow blower. I don't think my husband would let me use it though.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I actually do have to show the wife how to use the snowblower... sometimes with my heart it is too much so it helps if she does part and I do part.