Pioneer chef

Jack h

New member here from the UK and this may be a thread raised before but we have only just got her show on satellite TV and in my humble opinion it is the worst show ever and god knows we have had some shockers. Actually I am surprised the poor woman dares cook anything without the Neanderthal "Ladds" approval.
So tonight I am going to cook something using a bunch of this, a heap of that alias of the other etc etc. Am I being unkind or does the show get any better ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
New member here from the UK and this may be a thread raised before but we have only just got her show on satellite TV and in my humble opinion it is the worst show ever and god knows we have had some shockers. Actually I am surprised the poor woman dares cook anything without the Neanderthal "Ladds" approval.
So tonight I am going to cook something using a bunch of this, a heap of that alias of the other etc etc. Am I being unkind or does the show get any better ?

You'd be talking of course about Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.
Of course her recipes and way of cooking are strange to what you all are used to across the pond.

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/tv-shows/the-pioneer-woman.html

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Jack,

Not familiar with the show, but welcome to NCT!

When you have the chance, would you please post in our Introductions thread?

Glad to have you aboard!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I tripped over the Pioneer Woman show the other day. I was quite surprised - her recipes and writings are much more interesting/attractive/nifty sounding/<insert words of choice here> - than as presented on the show.

they need to hire Martha's producer/<tv crew> as what it is, is notta' so good.

had to do a double/triple take of 'is this really who I think it is?' how can she come across so bad in tv life?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
She's trying to come across as a homey, down to earth Martha Stewart even though both sides of the family are apparently pretty well off. And the way she cooks is normal if they do in fact actually work the ranch as the show infers, in fact some of the portions are a bit skimpy for a grown man working a ranch. My grandparents had a fairly good size working family-owned farm, a small cattle herd, lots of chickens, as well as a good size family garden plot. The men working the fields ate A LOT of high calorie foods and none of them were fat by any means. My grandmother made humongous breakfasts and kept what little was leftover (usually biscuits and either bacon, sausage or chicken-fried steak) covered on the table until supper in case anybody got hungry and they were always gone when suppertime rolled around. Food was never wasted at their house, somebody always ate it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta mute my television when that show is on

Last edited: