Hello from Australia

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: New here

Hi Saliha!!!!! Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. I'm glad you found us. :D
Finland. Awesome. I look forward to some of your recipes and hope you find and enjoy plenty of the recipes we have here online.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Saliha, my family and friends love to cook meals (especially appetizers) with ethnic "themes".

We've never done Scandinavia, so I'm really interested in seeing some of your favorite, traditional dishes!

Welcome!

Lee

Saliha

Thank you all for warm welcomings. I will post some traditional food recipes here (to me it feels funny to call my basic foods as "ethnic" ones but of course they might be it to others). Many of them can also have a label as "Scandinavic". Let´s see...

:cooking:

smoke king

Banned
Re: Soooooo............

Muuuhahah-They will NEVER learn! Sorry-been busy building a "death ray"/meth lab out in the shed-and components, as you have probably guessed, are difficult to find. The prototype is so far a no-go. However, every dog within a mile is mad as hell!!

So how the heck are all of YOU? Anybody cooking anything good?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi SK!

Good to see you pop in every now and then!

All's well here on the forum - calm and drama-free. We have a new member, Saliha, from Finland, who has posted a lot of terrific-looking recipes, many of which are traditional Finnish dishes.

Stick around and check out some of the new posts!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter

Whats going on? I been looking all over for you guys -where the hell has everybody been?

and btw, a dancing hot dog emoticon? You know I'm all over that!:hotdog:

Not sure if I remember you at all, but welcome back! :chef:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

hi! i remember when i was in school u would be on here- i'd be in a student 'puter lab or a library w/ a lab. time jets.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Hey smokey!! How's it ummmmmmmmmmmm smoking?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What we look like - 2014

Years ago, a member started a thread where we posted photos of ourselves.

Many members are no longer posting here, and we have gained a lot of new members.

Please feel free to post photos of yourself here - it's great to connect a name with a face!

I'll start.

Lee (QSis)

Attachments

• Lee head shot.PNG
    Lee head shot.PNG
    63.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Lee at Cabana.jpg
    Lee at Cabana.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 271

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Members' photos - 2014

Good pic Lee, and great idea. You look so sophisticated. Good pic. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I don't share many pics of me, but for this occasion, what the hey. Normally I will sport a 'stache' or goatee ..... here is one of me in my halloween costume. My wife (Gail) went as Flo ..the insurance gal not the Flo from Mel's diner. So I went as Maham (the allstate guy who has everything around him blow up / break or ???? ) A fun easy costume for me. So, that's me in the sloppy suit jacket and tie.

Attachments

• mayham2013halloween.jpg
    mayham2013halloween.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 267

Guts

Please excuse me I haven't been around for a while, but I do look at the website from time to time.

Haven't spent much time cooking since I bought my sailboat last June. Here some pictures of myself and my project boat. She's a 1978 Catalina 30 dinette model. This summer I plan on doing a little coastal cruising to Catalina Island Santa Barbara/channel islands. Cooking on a boat can be a challenge depending on the seas, it has a two burner propane stove with oven, and a icebox with a cold plate(that's a type of refrigeration that runs on 12 V) that helps save the ice in the icebox. The biggest issue is keeping your food cold and of course your favorite cold drink.

Kim a.k.a. Guts

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 7 29 13 C30 010.jpg
    7 29 13 C30 010.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00604.jpg
    DSC00604.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 239
  • Kim on Gary's boat.jpg
    Kim on Gary's boat.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 249
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 244
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 253
  • no worries interior dinette.jpg
    no worries interior dinette.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 246
  • no worries interior.jpg
    no worries interior.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow. Beautiful boat. And GREAT pics of you. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The water looks so inviting. What a clean boat throughout. You don't seen engine compartments that clean on a 1978 boat. That is awesome. Someeone took some extra good care of the boat or you been using a lot of elbow grease to get her up to snuff.

More pics please of you underway or just working on the boat. You've hit my weak spot ...I love boating and boats of all kinds. :thumb:

Guts

Thanks doc
I bought the boat without an engine, so I gel coded the whole engine compartment and bilge before I put the new one in.There are several of us that are going to go out and take pictures of each others boats under sail power. Kind of hard to take a picture of your own boat under sail power less she had the dinghy out running around in the ocean. My inflatable with a 4 hp is only 8'6" long could be a little scary on the open ocean.Where I have the boat in Mission Bay here in San Diego leads right to the ocean, my boat will not fit underneath the bridge to get back into the Bay where the smaller boats sail. In San Diego Bay it's a little different story, but a long way to the ocean.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Yep, understand the pic issue. We used to trade cameras to get pics of our boat on our own film before digital. Now it's nice to have someone take a pic of you underway from their boat and text or email it to you. easy peezy.
Please, please share pics of your boat underway and other sailing pics as you can. I love that stuff.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Great picture, Lee! :biggrin:

Perfect, Doc! I bet they were a little leery about letting you in the door :wink:.

Great pictures, Guts! Love the name of your boat too :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What we look like - 2014

Cooksie, we gots to talk, ....who you been talking too?????? :yum: :poke: JK
ps. you forgot your pic of you.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Re: What we look like - 2014

I'm going to surprise you one of these days, Doc, and put my ugly mug on here :mrgreen:.