NCT Cooks Challenge 25 - Oct 22 - Nov 1 PASTA!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
While Vera's busy..................

1. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
2. Duck
3. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
4 Ground Cow
5. Smoked Pig
6 Cream
7 Your favourite spice
8 Your favourite herb
9 Stew
10. Middle Eastern
11. Chinese
12. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)

#1 Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)

In honor of Red Gravy, we all get to play with our PASTA!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: NCT Cooks Challenge 25 - Oct 22 - Nov 1

Hmmmm, QBro just mentioned last night that he had a hankering for stuffed manicotti!

I'll see if I can get that in for this next week - cool!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

To be clear, when it says "(unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)" it means:

unstuffed -OR- filled -OR- otherwise layered

Pretty much any pasta dish, right?

Current punctuation makes it read as "it shoud be unstuffed" BUT (comma) can be filled or layered. Yet filled is stuffed right?

SilverSage

Resident Crone

It means any pasta. Ravioli, shells, lasagne, linguine, orzo,.................

Any shape or size.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

If memory serves correctly, this particular version was meant to simply be pasta, no filling, so stuffing, no layering. Just pasta. Pretty sure there was a stuffed, layered and filled version already.. Challenge #7

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Trader Joe’s Garlic & Basil Linguine topped with Trader Giotto’s Alfredo Sauce & fresh grated Italian cheese and side salad (dressed with Good Seasons Italian dressing – mixed with apple cider vinegar, whole grain Dijon mustard, flaxseed oil and chili oil).

garlic_basil_linguine_alfredo_102310_P1060566.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Sorry to be a PITA but could you put Pasta in the thread title please. Thank you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks really good Peeps! I made Spaghetti and meatballs.

Attachments

• spaghetti-and-meatballs.jpg
    spaghetti-and-meatballs.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 210

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow Peeps and Mama! Your dishes look wonderful and have me craving pasta big time!! :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

If memory serves correctly, this particular version was meant to simply be pasta, no filling, so stuffing, no layering. Just pasta. Pretty sure there was a stuffed, layered and filled version already.. Challenge #7

Oh, okay. Got it!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sunday we had Rotisserie chicken in the Gadgetized George Foreman Rotisserie. Great stuff.

Monday night (last night) I took the leftover meat, pulled it off the bone, made an Alfredo Sauce from Fresh White Mushrooms, Heavy Cream, Butter, White Wine (Pinot Grigio), Parsley, Garlic, Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Added the chopped meat, warmed through, and served over Artisan Wide Egg Noodles.

Odd thing about an Alfredo Sauce with chicken is that it is nearly the same color as the noodle, so it’s hard to discern what is going on…..but it was mighty tasty!

step1-83.jpg

step2-77.jpg

step4-55.jpg

step5-46.jpg

step6-35.jpg

step7-29.jpg

step8-22.jpg

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh YUM. I have one of those George Foreman rotisseries. The really big one. I do love it, but I've never used any of the attachments for other stuff - have you? I do love the look of your pasta. The mushrooms look perfect...that just might be what I fix for dinner tomorrow night...no wait, I already have a roast thawed. The next night. No, wait...we have a party to go to Thursday night...FRIDAY!!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've actually used them all except the skewers. They all work pretty well with the square cage being the 2nd most useful (next to the main spit). The rolling basket is ok, but I can get better results roasting in the toaster oven without having to drag this monster out and dirty that basket.....and the toaster oven is less time to boot. But, the basket is FUN to watch. Not efficient (the basket gadget), but fun. :lol:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Very nice lbp, Mama, and Keltin. I've been wanting to pull out the ol' pasta machine.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
This is how backed up I am over here....I did this on time, but never got the picture off the camera.

It's a bucatini pasta with italian sausage, white wine and diced tomatoes. I topped it with fresh ricotta cheese

October2010136.jpg