Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > In Search Of ....

In Search Of .... Hunting for something? Ask here.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Mess Cook

calcmandan is on a distinguished road
Default State Fair Pots & Pans

I'm trying to recall the namebrand of a set of pots and pans being sold at the california state fair. They're suppsedly made of a really good nonstick surface and has removable handles on everything they sell.

I can give more details, but I've only seen them sold at the fair. They mention being able to buy the stuff online but i'm lost withot a brand name.

Can anyone spark my memory here?

The demonstration of the product was quite gimmicky. However, his demo unit was being employed day in and day out so the surface must be able to stand up to heavy use. he purported that it was scratch resistent.

I wish i had more information than this. I'm doing research on this product and compare to other brands.

i don't ever buy big things at the state fair because the prices are always much higher. I'll note what i want then buy it later on amazon. in this case i never got the brand name written down.

Daniel
Old 08-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Pizza Chef

Thanked 1,557 Times in 811 Posts
ChowderMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State Fair Pots & Pans

usually fairs have a list of vendors, but I guess CA's cracked off into the seenot....

if you search for cookware with detachable handles / removable handles, the handle bit limits the hits pretty good. you might recognize them.

those kind of MLM products hawked at fairs/expositions/etc have a very very poor reputation for quality, and the company - which change name frequently - "forever" warranty is met with 'normal wear and tear' or 'mis-use' - if you can get any response at all.

"good name" T-Fal has stuff that nests + detachable handles...
https://www.amazon.com/removable-han...andle+cookware
The Following User Says Thank You to ChowderMan For This Useful Post:
jim_slagle  (08-10-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Mess Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChowderMan View Post
usually fairs have a list of vendors, but I guess CA's cracked off into the seenot....

if you search for cookware with detachable handles / removable handles, the handle bit limits the hits pretty good. you might recognize them.

those kind of MLM products hawked at fairs/expositions/etc have a very very poor reputation for quality, and the company - which change name frequently - "forever" warranty is met with 'normal wear and tear' or 'mis-use' - if you can get any response at all.

Yeah i wanted to know the brand name so i can read reviews. they are really expensive.

i like tfal, and currently have a new one i bought at marshalls. i have some circulon that i'm thinking of trading in for a fresh one with its warranty.

Daniel
Old 08-16-2019, 01:52 AM
Mess Cook

Quote:

i did extensive research. it's eurocast.

Daniel
Old 08-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Pizza Chef

Thanked 1,557 Times in 811 Posts
ChowderMan is on a distinguished road

for non-stick, I use $10-15 Teflon "disposables" - they last 2 - ? years and Teflon remains the ultra-super-most-bestest non-stick.

I use stainless lined copper, cast iron, and a new fav,,, the Darto black iron (which is really steel.) properly used, food sticking is simply not an issue. people who have no time to preheat a pan need a different hobby.

and I do fish, chicken, beef, pork, bison, bacon, stir fry, ,,,, pretty much everything in those pans. I have an old Griswold cast iron I one hand flip eggs over easy.

non-stick has it's uses - but I don't think I'd get any benefit from the 'non-stick cooking suite' sets.

regards Eurocast,,,, it's curious that the (near) only reviews are from/on sites that are actively selling it. Amazon has a couple unhappy buyers.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Mess Cook

Quote:
for non-stick, I use $10-15 Teflon "disposables" - they last 2 - ? years and Teflon remains the ultra-super-most-bestest non-stick.

I use stainless lined copper, cast iron, and a new fav,,, the Darto black iron (which is really steel.) properly used, food sticking is simply not an issue. people who have no time to preheat a pan need a different hobby.

and I do fish, chicken, beef, pork, bison, bacon, stir fry, ,,,, pretty much everything in those pans. I have an old Griswold cast iron I one hand flip eggs over easy.

non-stick has it's uses - but I don't think I'd get any benefit from the 'non-stick cooking suite' sets.

regards Eurocast,,,, it's curious that the (near) only reviews are from/on sites that are actively selling it. Amazon has a couple unhappy buyers.
my stuff comes from marshalls ,costco, or sams club. i've been able to squeak out 5-6 years off my stuff. my 12 incher needed to go. got a nice tfal for $20 the other day.

i couldn't imagine paying $200 for one frying pan. Just wanted to read the reviews because Isuspect a brand like that could speak for itself and not be hawked in a state fair. Just like i see cutco at the same fair.

calcmandan on echomail/fidonet - digitaldistortionbbs.com