South Beach, anyone?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've been South Beaching for a couple of weeks now...and lost 10 pounds. I'm a yoyo, unfortunately. I'm up, I'm down. Story of my life. Working a restaurant doesn't help. It's not because I have to test everything...it's because I lack the will power not to nibble all day long.
I have to admit, this really isn't all that hard to stick to. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss pasta or bread. I was eating pasta before I had teeth! But, I'm getting used to it.

I don't know if anyone else here is watching sugars and bad carbs, but if you want a shoulder to lean on, and are willing to offer yours, I'm open!

Bells

I've been South Beaching for a couple of weeks now...and lost 10 pounds. I'm a yoyo, unfortunately. I'm up, I'm down. Story of my life. Working a restaurant doesn't help. It's not because I have to test everything...it's because I lack the will power not to nibble all day long.
I have to admit, this really isn't all that hard to stick to. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss pasta or bread. I was eating pasta before I had teeth! But, I'm getting used to it.

I don't know if anyone else here is watching sugars and bad carbs, but if you want a shoulder to lean on, and are willing to offer yours, I'm open!
Hi! That is really good. I do South Beach. It's actually the way I eat. It's easy to live with. I have 5 pounds I play with and the holiday season put me at my top weight so now they have to come off. I'm still eating some good carbs but if these pounds aren't gone by March, they'll be gone too.

Sometimes I miss carbs which is likely why I ate so much last month but with every day that I'm back on a healthy track, I'm finding I am missing them less and less. It just feels good to be eating healthy.

Good luck with it!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm finding it impossible to get any exercise in. I'm up at 4:30am every day except sunday. We're in the restaurant by 5:45, and leave usually about 4pm every day. When I do get home, I have positively nothing left in my tank to put towards exercise. I'm cooking all day long so I'm on my feet, moving around..but it's not quite exercise.
I'm wondering if I can be successful without the exercise.

Bells

I'm finding it impossible to get any exercise in. I'm up at 4:30am every day except sunday. We're in the restaurant by 5:45, and leave usually about 4pm every day. When I do get home, I have positively nothing left in my tank to put towards exercise. I'm cooking all day long so I'm on my feet, moving around..but it's not quite exercise.
I'm wondering if I can be successful without the exercise.
You can but it will likely take longer. Any kind of moving is good though. I find if I am not getting enough exercise I have to cut out a few more carbs but I add a few more low carb veggies.

I'm having a hard time getting my exercise right now too. I usually do quite a bit of walking and although I like walking in the cold, ice is a problem right now. I'm taking the stairs and keeping myself moving whenever I can.

Bells

Here is a tip and there are many studies going on about it right now. Get your sleep. Get a full 8 hours a night if you can. I'm religious on it. Sleep raises your levels of leptin, a hormone that controls hunger. Lack of sleep increases levels of ghrelin, a hormone which increases appetite. Just google 'sleep leptin ghrelin' and you'll find more than you ever wanted to know. The link between sleep and obesity is quite profound.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i am not an exerciser & lost 75 pounds. wouldn't underestimate the time spent @ the restaurant- that is definately something that counts for exercise.
i almost wasn't medically cleared to return to school @ one point, as, as the doctor suspected i would, i dropped like 5 pounds in 5 days just from being in constant activity of some form for only 3 hours a day in the kitchen. while ingesting fodd completely normally @ that time.

i no-carbed, i lo-carbed- definately developed ketosis. it wasn't south beach, just my own plan. as u know, it was effective.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, I wish my metabolism was still like that...unfortunately, as I careen into menopause, my metabolism has slown to sludge like consistency.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yeah, my Mom just about passed thru that stage, & needed to begin to work to stay so thin. though is now an exercise fanatic(!!!!!) & quit drinking pop & ingesting some less-healthy stuff. her weakness is chocolate. we can trade clothes! amazes me.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
stay with it VB ....... i took off 45 pounds........have kept it off for 6 years , so far ............

and I also have no time for exercise..........

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Every One-
I am like Luv's- Pretty much my own diet plan, but diffently a
low carb base. I been sharing a Spread Sheet with Lucky for the last 6 years.
We track our weight, Monday-Thursday. Having a devoted partner to
keep you checking your weight is a good tool.
I have an "eating season" Halloween-Super Bowl. Than it is about the Atkins Diet.
For six years, I been able to shed the 20-30 lbs I gained during the Eating Season.