I have leftover French-fried onion rings

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had a green bean casserole last night and only used part of large can of crispy fried onion rings.

I COULD just snack on them out of the can, but I was wondering if anyone had other ideas on how I can use them up.

Lee

Attachments

• French's onion rings.jpg
    French's onion rings.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 2,131

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Crunchy them up to crumbs. Dip boneless chicken (pork or fish?) in flour, then egg wash, then in crushed onion rings then bake till cooked through or pan fry in small amount of oil? I've never done this because I don't buy the canned onion rings but a friend used to do this.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This looks really good! I found it on the French's recipe website along with 170 more:

lg_11117.jpg

3 cups prepared hot mashed potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/3 cups (2.8 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:

MIX mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder.
SPOON half the mixture into 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup French Fried Onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture.
BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 min. or until onions are golden.

Last edited:

QuirkyCookery

Crunchy them up to crumbs. Dip boneless chicken (pork or fish?) in flour, then egg wash, then in crushed onion rings then bake till cooked through or pan fry in small amount of oil? I've never done this because I don't buy the canned onion rings but a friend used to do this.

Ooo, I like this idea.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This looks really good! I found it on the French's recipe website along with 170 more:

lg_11117.jpg

3 cups prepared hot mashed potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/3 cups (2.8 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:

MIX mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder.
SPOON half the mixture into 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup French Fried Onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture.
BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 min. or until onions are golden.
OH this looks and sounds fantastic!!
Ooo, I like this idea.
If you try it let me know what you think. This was a friend who moved to florida and started using this recipe after she moved (she had it somewhere and liked it). I never actually got to try it but it always sounded good and she said her family loved it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
mama, those potatoes look good as it gets!

me being me, the green been casserole junkie that i be, i'd make a whole new batch & have that to myself for dinner, haha!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, I love all these ideas! I have leftover mashed potatoes and a bag of shredded cheese, too!

Thanks, everybody!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, CC!

Those homemade onion rings look wonderful!

Lee