Nam Pla Prik

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yet another one of my new favorite condiments. It's hard to find unless you are in good with someone that owns a Thai restaurant, found it was far easier to make at home. I put this in soups and some meats when I want a special kick of heat!

Recipe

10 long green or thai chilies sliced thin. Get some red ones if they have them.
2 T lime juice
7 T fish sauce
1 small shallot minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 t brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a small container, and let set a week stored in the fridge.

20141121_150849-1.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes!

I would have to use that one drop at a time! :w00t:

Lee

K

Kimchee

Oh yeah, that's goooood stuff! I mince the chilis so they can fit through the old hot sauce bottle I keep mine in.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
found a few local retailors. i would buy & make one, to compare, tho. thanx fer posting. seems potent, yet a great seasoning 4 many an item.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
It is potent, I like anything hot and spicy, so this fits me to a T. It's as close as I have found to what I was served in Thai restaurants.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
found a few local retailors. i would buy & make one, to compare, tho. thanx fer posting. seems potent, yet a great seasoning 4 many an item.

I guess I need to look a little closer, I don't think I have ever seen this on the shelves, but then again, I was not looking. When I asked my local Thai restaurant owner, he looked at me quizzically and asked me how I knew about that. Like it is some form of underground drug. :dizzy:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we have plenty of ethnic foods available here, via stores (2 extensive aisles @ 1 place; & many restaurants where most foods may be found quite easily.) they have sections where they sell almost all ethnic foods. very few items a person could not find, or request they stock.
i was also referring to restaurants. they have several that have that, too. you've gotta look @ food review sites, i figure. i found a place that has that, fully-made - 2 ppl referred me to them.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yeah, that's goooood stuff! I mince the chilis so they can fit through the old hot sauce bottle I keep mine in.

Oh, I just KNEW Kimchee would chime in on this one! :yum:

Lee