Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
1/2 pound salmon fillets
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon skin side down in 9x13 in pan prepared with cooking spray. Spread mustard on fish. Top with garlic and onion. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes or until salmon flakes.

lilylove

We don't like salmon... but Paul's dad keeps giving us pieces. So, in the freezer it sits.

I think I'll try this. Would a yellow onion work in place of the red?

Thanks!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know LL.. I've only used the red when I've made this.

Btw, some onion info-

Every kitchen should be stocked with onions at all times – when you’re out of onions, it’s time to head to the supermarket, ASAP. But how do you know what kind of onion is best?

You’ll generally find onions offered in four basic varieties: yellow/brown (same name for the same thing), white, red and sweet. Yellow onions are generally the cheapest, and have the strongest flavor. They're pretty overpowering raw, but cooking mellows their flavor nicely, and their inexpensive price makes them a fab choice for most of your cooking needs. White onions are a little bit sweeter and less pungent than yellow, as are red onions. Red onions, in particular, are great either raw (on salads or sandwiches, for example) or grilled. Slow cooking them, however, ruins their best feature, that gorgeous purply-red hue.

Onions that are labeled as sweet onions can actually come in a variety of colors (generally yellow or white), and are distinguished from other onions in that they have a much higher water content and a much lower sulfur content (which is what gives onions their pungency). Maui, Walla Walla, Vidalia, and Spanish onions are all examples of sweet onions. They’re good raw, or lightly cooked, but tend not to keep as well as the stronger onions.

lilylove

Hi, we made this for dinner tonight Sass.

Paul really liked the topping and wants me to make it again only next time he wants me to marinate the salmon in the "sauce" for a while before baking. Since we don't really like salmon...and we like the flavor of the garlic, onions and tarrigon marrinating will carry the flavor through the meat and it won't just be on top! :) :) :) Thanks!! :) :) :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, we made this for dinner tonight Sass.

Paul really liked the topping and wants me to make it again only next time he wants me to marinate the salmon in the "sauce" for a while before baking. Since we don't really like salmon...and we like the flavor of the garlic, onions and tarrigon marrinating will carry the flavor through the meat and it won't just be on top! :) :) :) Thanks!! :) :) :)
Awww ya welcome Lily.
Glad you made it anyway.
It might be best to allow it to sit and marinate for a while, if you don't really care for salmon.
Love you for trying it!:flowers:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
1/2 pound salmon fillets
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon skin side down in 9x13 in pan prepared with cooking spray. Spread mustard on fish. Top with garlic and onion. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes or until salmon flakes.

This sounds great but hubby cannot stand tarragon. Anything else you might suggest in it's place??? :unsure: