Memorial Day meals

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Mine is pretty straight forward really.

I'm got about 6 racks of ribs going in the smoker about 12 today. Made some stuff yesterday for today as it is better when allowed to sit in the fridge overnight. But have my beans about to go in the oven shortly. Of course I made the Jack's Peach BBQ Beans.

Made
Macaroni Salad
Cooksie's Mustard Potato Salad
Chipotle Coleslaw

Mr. Green Jeans

A cross-country meal: lee's recipe Boston baked beans, Chicago style dogs, strawberry rhubarb (both big crop here in OR) crisp with Tilamook ice cream.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Taking a veggie tray to my niece's home, and the rest will be a surprise when we get there.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i think wingettes & fries or a turkey burger w/ old-bay-seasoned corn on the cob.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Made mac salad and hub will grill dogs, burgers and shell steak to order. ME I want shell steak and mac salad. LOL

Embryodad

Chicken Drummets with taters and onions salt / pepper / garlic powder / olive oil...in the grill outside roasting till crisp crisp crisp in order for me to eat it.
Corn On the Cob .... with Butter & Old Bay for me me me me me!
Tina no like Old Bay...

Embryodad

OK.... You have heard of Carmelized Onions??... Well..I made Carbonized Onions..
We nibbled on them carefully. Our tongues were black. hahahahaha

The chicken was crusty..Yum!..Almost like eating clams, but having to bite through the shells to get at the clams. hahahahaha

6a8385c7.jpg

And then the kids ( son and wife ) dropped off some patry's from Mikes Pastry Shoppe in Boston Mass. Jimmy went to see his team play Saturday! The Red Sox.

cd8eb296.jpg

Actually..the chicken could have come off the grill a 1/2 hour earlier

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Dinner was steak, corn on the cobb and potato salad.

I was supposed to take pix. I had an emergency service call today and as I was just getting home my truck broke. Sorry about the pix, I just cooked the steak and ate it.

Embryodad

Dinner was steak, corn on the cobb and potato salad.

I was supposed to take pix. I had an emergency service call today and as I was just getting home my truck broke. Sorry about the pix, I just cooked the steak and ate it.
Boy Oh Boy!... Those emergency service calls can really put the damper on the holiday.
It never failed...I would just get ready to do the grillin, and DW would come outside saying,"Hon...It's the Answering Service.... !"
Darn! That was the kiss of death for the day especially if it was the A/C for a computer server room. There was no later with something like that! It was get in the van...and Go..and there was no going home until it was fixed!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Aside from what I/we all took to the carry-in, dietary supplied us with a roaster full of shredded beef, buns, condiments and potato chips.
Lots of salads, appys and desserts.

Good eats!

Embryodad

Aside from what I/we all took to the carry-in, dietary supplied us with a roaster full of shredded beef, buns, condiments and potato chips.
Lots of salads, appys and desserts.

Good eats!
Geeze Sass!... Did you wear the coat with the big deep pockets??
I know I would have! ...hahahahahaha

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Minimal gas here thus far Jimmy LOL
That said, I did make a piggy of myself.
My deviled eggs were snatched up right away and the broccoli salad was sitting in a pitiful leftover serving, at the bottom of the bowl.. by the time I got to "the feast".

There was plenty left that went fridged for the night crew.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Geeze Sass!... Did you wear the coat with the big deep pockets??
I know I would have! ...hahahahahaha
My friend Linda made these roll up things.
They're tortillas with cream cheese, salsa and something else all rolled up and cut into about 2" wide pieces.
She made 2 pans of those, of which I couldn't keep my hands off.
A nurse whom is approaching her retirement made that jello dessert with the shredded carrots and cabbage in lime jello with a mayo spread on top?? Remember that?
Had some of that too!
Then there were the beef roll ups!!-- green onions (whole) wrapped in cream cheese and dried beef.

:wow:

Embryodad

My friend Linda made these roll up things.
They're tortillas with cream cheese, salsa and something else all rolled up and cut into about 2" wide pieces.
She made 2 pans of those, of which I couldn't keep my hands off.
A nurse whom is approaching her retirement made that jello dessert with the shredded carrots and cabbage in lime jello with a mayo spread on top?? Remember that?
Had some of that too!
Then there were the beef roll ups!!-- green onions (whole) wrapped in cream cheese and dried beef.

:wow:
I remember they served that in the school cafeteria. They were on the tray with the spaghetti and the whatever tuna casserole...and just about every tray was returned with the jello not even touched.

The first time I saw that...I couldn't wait to tell my mom about that yucky jellow with mayo on top. I first thought it was whipped cream until I tasted it! And spit it out!
My dad couldn't believe it either. It was the Talking point at the supper table!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know why I like it Jimmy, but it sure tasted good to me today too.
Guess I'm weird.. lol

Embryodad

Don't know why I like it Jimmy, but it sure tasted good to me today too.
Guess I'm weird.. lol
Maybe I would eat it if I had a load of liverwurst on rye, and then slap the jello & mayo in between. ... A few slices of onion too!

Darn-it...I'm getting hungry.

DW is leaving me for a few days to clean and help her 90 year old uncle in South Jersey...so I'm thinking of some "what Do I Want To Eat while Mommie Is .........G O N E "

I love it!... I could eat on newspapers, and have a few elixers, and listen to the music in concert mode with no one screaming "Turn It Down"... L O L