dinner thursday, 5/3/12

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a strip steak, maybe w/ a runny poached egg on it. it's that & either wht. asparagus in crumbs/butter as per market district's suggestion or this frozen tuscan veggie blend i tossed into my buggy.

i actually made breakfast for once, too- a glass of peach frozen yogurt w/ milk poured over it, not stirred or anything. yum-yum.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's DH's birthday! He has to work but, for a surprise, I'm making him bacon wrapped filet mignon with a lobster tail, baked potato, salad and homemade rolls. Lemon cake for dessert.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Chicken thighs bone in. Maybe something with ginger and curry under the skin and some rice and peas.

Ronjohn

I think we're going out. I'm not sure where or for what though. So I'm probably no big help in this thread today.

Embryodad

It's DH's birthday! He has to work but, for a surprise, I'm making him bacon wrapped filet mignon with a lobster tail, baked potato, salad and homemade rolls. Lemon cake for dessert.
Happy Birthday to DH from Jimmy & Tina in N J

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I smoked ribs over the weekend. Sorry to say, I was not overly pleased with what I did. We have been nibbling away though.

Tonight I took some ribs and took all the meat off the bone and chopped it up as fine as I could. I mixed in some sweet baby rays and warmed that up. Then I put some cole slaw on a bun and the rib meat and sauce on top. Pretty good stuff.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
150122_3050460949395_1499378782_2106046_1316871821_n.jpg

Embryodad

Had simple cooked salami, and bologna sandwich with mustard, and hot pickles.

DW made soup again.. :WitchBrewsSmiley:
Had a small amount of that. Way too salty for me, and I like salted food.

Had a Prune Danish for dessert.

I am still.. H U N G R Y...:fridge:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ooooo...that looks good LS!

Sorry your ribs didn't turn out well. Sweet Baby Rays can fix just about anything....of course, I'm just assuming that it does....:wink:

Here's our dinner...it was probably one of the best birthday dinners I've ever made him :biggrin:

Attachments

• dinner05032012-1.jpg
    dinner05032012-1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 130
  • dinner05032012-2.jpg
    dinner05032012-2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 131

Embryodad

Ooooo...that looks good LS!

Sorry your ribs didn't turn out well. Sweet Baby Rays can fix just about anything....of course, I'm just assuming that it does....:wink:

Here's our dinner...it was probably one of the best birthday dinners I've ever made him :biggrin:
Mama... DH got the best Birthday Present ever!

Y O U ! God Bless Him and You!

Tina said that cake looks like a from scratch cake.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Too hot & humid to cook, and not ready to fire up the A/C, so we went out to a little Mom & Pop joint for Turkey melts and hand cut fries. Decadent pleasure!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
wow, mama! beautiful dinner! hope yinz celebrated well~

i scratched the dinner i'd intended to make as blake was not needed tonite. just made pierogies, limas & a salad.
he isn't hungry. there's plenty for him in the kitch' if he gets hungry later.

Embryodad

wow, mama! beautiful dinner! hope yinz celebrated well~

i scratched the dinner i'd intended to make as blake was not needed tonite. just made pierogies, limas & a salad.
he isn't hungry. there's plenty for him in the kitch' if he gets hungry later.
Thanx for the Idea on the pierogies luvs.

I gotta Get Tina Mommy to crank out some pierogies soon. ( I help too )

Ummm... I love the ones with the fried saurkraut and onions.
The potato cheese ones are good too! "T" adds cheddar cheese in her dough!
umm...Nice and thin too!..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:smile:, jimmy. blake requested i make a batch soon. (i usually keep a few boxes in the freezer for lazy nites.)
maybe yinz can offer a few pointers!:smile:
it is so smart of DW to put cheese in the dough~

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you luvs! Yes we did. We'll celebrate again this weekend when DD comes to visit.

Embryodad

:smile:, jimmy. blake requested i make a batch soon. (i usually keep a few boxes in the freezer for lazy nites.)
maybe yinz can offer a few pointers!:smile:
it is so smart of DW to put cheese in the dough~

Yeah! .... no problem on the pointers.

The cheese in the dough is from her Hungarian side of her family recipies. It's great tasting.

The plain dough ones, she fills some with Lekvar. That is from her Slovakian side of the family.
I love prune, but not in pierogies. hahahahaha

I know she uses egg in with the flour like for ravioli dough.

We have some in the freezer that she bought a few months ago at a church. I have to get them and use them up . They are already boiled and buttered with onions pieces, and in ziplock baggies. Hope they're not freezer burnt. Yuuk.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
glad the evening went well, mama. can't wait to see this weekend's meal.

jimmy, i appreciate it. thanx! better get to cooking the frozen kind u have, hehe.
we like potatoes/cheese or potatoes/cheese & a veggie like broccoli or spinach. he's mostly italian, i'm mainly german, 'cept we just like 'em. plus being pennsylvanians, they're at all kinds of places, from stores to the bar to familys' kitchens to Mom & Pop places. thanx again!