It was a scam... but the girls had fun

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Their 'auditions' at the talent agency turned out to be a scam, at least as far as I am concerned.
After getting dressed up and doing a first interview, they went back for a second today, along with pictures they asked for. Suddenly they want you to sign an open ended contract that says you pay $495.00 up front then $39.99 a month. Only it doesn't tell you what the $39.99 is for or how long you pay it or what the total of payments will be.
Sounds like a scam to me. I will post a couple of the pics we took for submission, but the girls are still interested so anyone know any legit agencies or how you go about this whole thing? I still have my reservations about doing any of it but they want to at least try.

Attachments

• Ever New 216.jpg
    Ever New 216.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 103
  • Ever New 130.jpg
    Ever New 130.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF3355.jpg
    DSCF3355.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 105
  • Ever New 204.jpg
    Ever New 204.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 113
  • GalesburgVacation 046.jpg
    GalesburgVacation 046.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF3348.jpg
    DSCF3348.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 107

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It may have been a scam, Mav, but your girls are the real thing. They are just beautiful! And so photogenic!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Thanks! I love the way Abby (the youngest) loves to pose, LOL. She did all of those on her own with no prompting!
Katie, apparently, says she took hers from Tara Banks show, LOL!

homecook

We ran into the same thing with Heather. She was 17 at the time. We took in a portfolio and they did an interview and then they called us and said it would be like $400 do to another folio and a bunch of other crap. We basically told them to stick it.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Your kids should be models but not for an outfit like this. It is an old game and not worth your time or money.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The girls are just adorable!

Unfortunately, this sounds like a scam to me too.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is Mav. I went though this last fall with my grand daughter who was 16 at the time. They wanted money hand over first which isn't how it works really.

simplicity

Maverick, the girls are beautiful, but I agree it's a scam. There is a lot of information online about finding legitimate agents. You should never have to pay them.

When my son was in college he did some commercial work, music videos, acting, etc. It was a nice source of income.

He had some headshots made (you can google "headshots" if you're interested) and sent them to reputable agents, along with a cover letter. He signed a contract with one agent to represent him. The agent found the jobs and worked on a commission.

GotGarlic

Yeah, I have to agree with the above. In fact, I just saw something about a similar scam on the Today show or some news show. A rep from a large New York agency said they look at all photos sent to them, period. So spend a little of that money on copies of the photos and some sturdy envelopes, get the addresses of some large, well-known agencies and mail the photos directly to them. If they think your girls are model material, they will contact you.

Jeez, there's even a Web site called How To Avoid Becoming The Victim of Modeling Scams.

I'm glad the girls had fun, and they are adorable :smile: