How do you cook your bacon?

How do you primarily cook your bacon.

• In a Cast Iron pan on the stove top.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • In a Stainless Steel pan on the stove top.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • In a non-stick pan on the stove top.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • In another type of pan on the stove top.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baked in the oven.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • In the microwave.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • On the grill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t do bacon.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

chowhound

I thought ambrosia was that green stuff with little marshmallows in it?
No,,, come to think of it, I think you've got it right.
:tongue: :thumb:

Primarily, I bake it in the oven on two long racks over two cookie sheets, so I can do a whole pound at once. I undercook it a little, so when I nuke it as I need it, it's done just right.

But the flavor of cherry-smoked bacon on the smoker is a cherished treat in the summertime! Try this with a sandwich of homegrown tomatoes and Hellman's mayo ............ AMBROSIA!

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
looks great QSIS... throw some brown sugar and cayenne on that bacon and you have Pig Candy...yummy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Primarily, I bake it in the oven on two long racks over two cookie sheets, so I can do a whole pound at once. I undercook it a little, so when I nuke it as I need it, it's done just right.

But the flavor of cherry-smoked bacon on the smoker is a cherished treat in the summertime! Try this with a sandwich of homegrown tomatoes and Hellman's mayo ............ AMBROSIA!

Lee

Oh Good Lord! Now I'm in heaven!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Kelt, How come you don't have a n option where I can pick 2 items? because I cook my bacon on a grill and in a cast iron skillet.

Thought of that, but "primarily" means that one of them has to be #1 and the others are less than that. So there will always be one way that is done the most.

I've done it every way on the poll, but I had to pick CI because that is how I do it most often.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
In a cast iron skillet on the stove top with another one on top so it don't curl up.

Which so reminds me of something I was going to bring up earlier and forgot.

Does anyone use a Bacon Press? DW brought one home from a yard sale once. An old, nice, heavy cast iron job with a Pig embossed on the press side. Had a nice wooden handle, and was well seasoned. I never used it, but kept it around for decoration. Recently had to box it up and put it in storage because of the remodel. I hope I can find it again!!

Anyone have or use a Bacon Press?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I had one for a long time and loved it but some where in one of our moves it got lost. It keeps the bacon flat and helps it cook evenly. I suspect a lot of restaurants use them also as I see a lot of perfectly flat bacon.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Actually I usually fry it in a big non-stick pan because it's the biggest pan I have and I can lay 6 pieces flat in it...

gadzooks

I usually use bacon as an ingredient, so I cut the rashers in half and separate them, then put the whole pound package in a saucepan and cook on the stovetop. The bacon gets deep-fried, and can then go into eggs, gravy, or on the side, but it's curled up half-rashers. The fat goes into biscuits, with some for the gravy, some to fry eggs, taters.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bacon- (when I ate the real thing)
Always in a cast iron skillet, strips lying side by side and neatly turned until crispy.
Sometimes I'd do it in the microwave, 6 strips at a time on paper towels and plate covered... (messy!)

When I make the fakey bacon product, it must be fried in a little oil in a cast iron skillet in order to crisp it to my liking and taste like bacon.

Gawd, now I want a BLT...

AllenOK

At home, usually I use a cast iron skillet. I have a large electric griddle, and have been known to use that.

At work, we bake our bacon.

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
we use to use a bacon press on the grill in the restaurant.

if your DW comes across another one like that let me know..lol

if its got pigs on it, i want it...lol

Which so reminds me of something I was going to bring up earlier and forgot.

Does anyone use a Bacon Press? DW brought one home from a yard sale once. An old, nice, heavy cast iron job with a Pig embossed on the press side. Had a nice wooden handle, and was well seasoned. I never used it, but kept it around for decoration. Recently had to box it up and put it in storage because of the remodel. I hope I can find it again!!

Anyone have or use a Bacon Press?

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I use a double burner stovetop CI grill and press the baon with a 10 inch square CI skillet. Slow cooking is the key for me.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I don't do bacon!!

ROFLMAO-1.gif

buckytom

Grill Master
i just made 6 slices in the nuker on a microwave bacon tray.

31GGQ2YES9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

it's about as easy as you can do it, and come out with perfect bacon every time without paying any attention to it. just set it on high for 3 minutes for soft bacon, 4 minutes for crispy. most of the fat drains down into the reservoir, so you can still save it for cooking other things.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i just made 6 slices in the nuker on a microwave bacon tray.

31GGQ2YES9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

it's about as easy as you can do it, and come out with perfect bacon every time without paying any attention to it. just set it on high for 3 minutes for soft bacon, 4 minutes for crispy. most of the fat drains down into the reservoir, so you can still save it for cooking other things.

That's the one I used to have! It works very well!

Galvatron

I voted non-stick pan as thats the norm but lets be honest----is there a bad way to cook Bacon...love the stuff:yum::yum::yum::chef: