Howdy!!

Deelady

Oh its no secret recipe of mine, even if it was my own creation I don't believe in keeping them secrets...share the knowledge!
I use Giadas recipe, but I get requests to make them each BBQ.
Did you mean a recipe of my very own? I'd have to think on that one...I'm a cookbook finatic so most of my cooking comes from a recipe in one way or another!
I will find that link for you, it is a wonderful recipe, awsome flavor!

noobietinker

Hello, everyone. I have used the name "The Tourist" for many years on several forums, but my name is Chico and I'm a professional knife sharpener.

Now, before you run and hide the good silver, I was actually invited here by sattie.

I live in the Madison, Wisconsin area, I retired young because work was getting in the way of serious pursuits. And alas, I have a bizarre sense of humor.

Let me return the favor that sattie extended to me. I suggest that you join me at a haunt of other professionals sharpeners (rightfully the title is "tinker") at www.KnifeForums.com in a sub-section called "Keeping Sharp."

I specialize in sharpening Japanese kitchen knives.

Hi Torust

I glad to find you hear with good cooking people. I miss readin you at the knifeforums since you been banned.

I am noobie tinker so is my name. I am being like Tourist to do proffessional tinkering, he is a hero of me.

Toorist when are you becoming expert to "specialize in sharpening of Japanese knives"? I knew you just started to learn these knives last month.

Thank you all for welcome me!:punk:

Locutus

Hello from "The Delta Quadrant"

I am Locutus. A Borg of "The Hive" anbd a denizen of the Delta Quadrant. I am here to prepare earth for assimilation. :D:D

Actually, the Rocky Mountains remind me a lot of "home."

I am, dragging my feet on the assimilation process because I like the food here!

It beats the heck outta that krap the Klingons eat! :sick::sick:

And except for your brandy, it's better than Romulan fare! :beer:

I'm also an old retired cop that loves to hunt, camp, cook, and play with knives! :wave::wave:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the entertaining intro Loc. :thumb:
I'll bump your rep points for that (and anyone who does an intro).

Were you a city or state-ee?

Ironman

🍺
Hi folks!!! I love to cook and better yet, I love to eat what I cook and what others cook!

I was referred by a good friend Deadly Sushi, thanks DS! :thumb:
Sattie! :kiss:

Long time no foodie chat! LOl! :punk:

Great to see you here, I had no idea you were working for my old friend "Doc"! He's a great guy - he just don't pay all that well. :whistle:

I can smell a Texas chili recipe coming soon.... :mrgreen:

Good to see you around again Sattie!!! :smile:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Did someone say Texas Chili? Here is one I make often and love.

Tyler's Texas Chili Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Ingredients:
Chili Seasoning
3 dried ancho peppers, stemmed and seeded
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons whole coriander
1 tablespoon cumin seed
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 onions, chopped
3 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 canned chipotle chile, chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, hand crushed
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons masa harina (mexican cheese)
1/2 tablet Mexican chocolate (about 1 1/2 ounces)
Grated queso fresco, for garnish
Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Lime wedges, for garnish
In a small dry skillet over low heat add the ancho peppers, oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until they begin to smell, about 2 minutes. Put the spices into a spice mill or food processor and grind until they are powdered. Set aside.
Heat a large heavy bottomed casserole over medium heat; add 3 tablespoons olive oil and the onions. Cook until the onions are soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Pat the beef dry and season it with salt and pepper. Add it to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until it has browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the toasted spice mix, the garlic, chipotle, jalapeno, tomatoes, cinnamon stick, and sugar. Season with salt and stir well. Add some hot water until the meat is just covered with liquid. Return to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the meat and shred it with a fork. Return it to the pot, stir in the masa harina and chocolate, and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered, to thicken. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with the queso fresco, cilantro, and lime for garnish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
MJ!!!!! YEAH!!!! I miss you buddy! Cowboy's are lookin kinda sloppy all the sudden, Pacs lookin better all the time!

Joec.... that is one mighty fine lookin chili recipe you got going there! I love chili!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Sattie! :kiss:

Long time no foodie chat! LOl! :punk:

Great to see you here, I had no idea you were working for my old friend "Doc"! He's a great guy - he just don't pay all that well. :whistle:

I can smell a Texas chili recipe coming soon.... :mrgreen:

Good to see you around again Sattie!!! :smile:

MJ!!!!!!!!!! HEY MAN!!!!!! :punk: its Sushi! :chef:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Another newbie here

Howdy all!
About me: Love cooking for the wife and three kids. Keeps me pretty busy to say the least! Also love the outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, grilling its all good!
Happy to be here and look forward to sharing recipes and techniques with ya'll!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey again Maverick and Chowhound!!!!
Glad to have you guys active here.
Cheers! :beer: