How many of you remember taking THIS to school during your childhood years?

Shermie

Site Supporter
I do and I still eat it today! Had one yesterday and the day before! :eating2:

Attachments

• PB&J in Jars.jpg
    PB&J in Jars.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 327

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love them too!

I made a sammich with peanut butter, toasted marshmallows and Nutella just yesterday. :in_love:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
me, too. took them in my lunchbox then, & make 'em to this day.

chilefarmer

In my younger school years we didn't have peanut butter in our house, or store bought lite bread. But I did eats lots of biscuits and jelly. Now days we do and I love it. CF:wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
If at times when I'm home and I feel myself getting the hungry horrors and feel like I'm about to go into a hypoglycemic attack, then I make a PB&J sammie and the sugar level is back up to normal again!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do like PB and J, if someone would hand me one, but I never make them.

Would much rather have a ham, turkey or tuna sandwich.

Lee

thegrindre

I like them, too, but don't eat them very often. I like to put slices of banana on mine.
PB and Honey is super good, too.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've had it with honey as well, and it IS good, except that I find honey to be far sweeter than jelly.

I also and still do have it with THIS (below). Delish, childhood memories!!! I'm going to get some more of that today!!! :smile:

Attachments

• Musselmans Apple Butter_Giveaway.jpg
    Musselmans Apple Butter_Giveaway.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I sure do and also banana, peanut butter, and jelly. Still eat one or so a week to this day.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Skippy has honey in their peanut butter now. They also make all natural peanut butter with it as well.

Tastes very good!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Also, who can forget THIS for the Fluffernutter?!!

We ate them a lot. I still do today as well!! :wink:

Attachments

• Marshmallow-Fluff.jpg
    Marshmallow-Fluff.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Fluffernutter.jpg
    Fluffernutter.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 201

thegrindre

Never heard of that, Sherm. I'll pass. Don't care for marshmallow of any kind. Never did like 'em roasted over a camp fire either.
And those marshmallow easter bunny's are disgusting. :-(

Only thing I've ever found good about a marshmallow is putting one in your brown sugar when the sugar turns hard on you. It'll bring it right back to life again, nice and soft.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm not a fan, either, grindre, except- in summer day camp, they would put a layer on 1 graham cracker half, & smooth p.b. on the other. sammiched together, they were pretty okay!

Shermie

Site Supporter
It came like THIS also. Probably still does!!

I did not like it that way, because it looked so gross on the bread!! :yuk:

Attachments

• Smucker's pb&j in a jar.jpg
    Smucker's pb&j in a jar.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 614

Shermie

Site Supporter
We also had THIS with peanut butter as well! :eating2:

Attachments

• Orange Marmalade.jpg
    Orange Marmalade.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 159

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We bought several jars of blackberry jamb and blackberry honey last year when we was in Blowing Rock NC. There is a little store just outside of town and it is so good. My favorite peanut butter at the moment is Planters be it crunchy or smooth. I often eat it on plain old saltine crackers too.

Oh and the secret to the blackberry honey is that is the bee's source to make honey with. Really remarkable flavor and buy about a dozen of each when I get there.

thegrindre

Nope, basically, I like it plane and simple.
Actually, I've always thought eating and preparing food was a waste of time and money. I mean, it goes in one end and out the other.
I'm not a food lover. I don't live to eat, I eat to live.

:)

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
But you might as well enjoy what you like to eat. After all, food as to taste good as well as be satisfying and pleasing to the palate.

thegrindre

The little bit of food I do eat tastes good just as it is. I like pork, chicken and fish with a little salt and pepper on it. I like the taste of the meat. It doesn't need any sauces or gravy's or fancy whatevers all over it, IMO.
And baking, broiling and steaming is the healthiest way to cook it as far as I know. Backyard grilling, smoking and processed foods are full of carcinogens or cancer causing chemicals and I avoid those at all costs.