Who eats this stuff (Things that you wouldn't eat)?!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
This stuff is not good for you at all!!!

It is very high in sodium, and now it has jalopenos in it?!!!

You couldn't PAY me to eat it!!!!!! :yuk:

Attachments

• Spam with Jalapenos.jpg
    Spam with Jalapenos.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 266

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spam one of my guilty pleasures, Sherm. I have it once or twice a year. Love it!

As for the title of your thread, I cannot stand the idea of eating raw shellfish. YUCK!

Lee

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Spam one of my guilty pleasures, Sherm. I have it once or twice a year. Love it!

As for the title of your thread, I cannot stand the idea of eating raw shellfish. YUCK!

Lee

Well, as one would say, whatever floats your boat or rocks your world!!

But no, you should not eat ANY seafod raw!! For health reasons. And now, when you go a restaurant to eat, you should see signs there placed at strategic locations that read;

"Please let the wait staff know if you or anyone else in your party has a food allergy."

This is so that if anyone has an allergic reaction to any of the food there, and they still knowingly eat it, it helps protect the restaurant owner from any potential lawsuits that might occur. :goodnight_smi:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i luv raw seafood & also carpaccio. (gimme my escargot & runny eggs, too.)

won't ingest okra. or surimi, rocky mt. oysters, or lamb fries.

Shermie

Site Supporter
i luv raw seafood & also carpaccio. (gimme my escargot & runny eggs, too.)

won't ingest okra. or surimi, rocky mt. oysters, or lamb fries.

If okra is the least bit slimy, I won't eat it either!! Also, I won't eat slimy oatmeal either!!! :yuk:

K

Kimchee

I rather like Spam. And sushi! And raw oysters!
But not slimy okra... barf!
But I don't eat at PF Chang's because of their
excessive use of salt.

Other things I won't eat (but have tried a few times
to make sure..)
Tripe. Cooked carrots unless they are cooked to death.
Plain lima beans. Most eggplant. Beets. Hominy... used to
like it, not anymore. Canned mixed peas and carrots.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've never eaten oysters, raw or cooked. don't want to, and will not eat sushi either.

Cooked carrots, I'll eat as long as they are not like mush!! Canned carrots and canned spinach is also a no-no!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fried Spam with over medium eggs and pork and beans are a guilty pleasure DH and I like to enjoy a couple of times a year.

No raw seafood. No tripe or any kind of feet.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Fried Spam with over medium eggs and pork and beans are a guilty pleasure DH and I like to enjoy a couple of times a year.

No raw seafood. No tripe or any kind of feet.

Someone I know cooks tripe in tomato sauce.

Just LOOKING at that stuff gives me the creeps and makes my skin crawl!!! :yuk:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv tripe, in certain dishes (soups, usually) tho would not order a slab of tripe fer dinner. gotta get used to the smell during cooking, use in not-so-generous amounts, cook properly, & 'tis a fave, here.
1 other food i cannot take is margarine. i'd rather have dry bread w/ dinner. lite yogurt, too, & trix cereal. ham is a food i'll accept if cooked in certain ways, & luv proscuitto & speck.
another- calves liver. foie gras is great, tho.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I still use margerine on occasion, but it is said to have hydrogenated vegetable oil - a form of transfat which is said to be very unhealthy for you.

A few weeks ago, I was defrosting, cleaning out and organizing the deep freezer with new wire baskets so that I can find stuff better without having to dig through everything!!!

I found a pound of oleo in there. Kept it, but have to figure out what I'm going to use it for to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I eat raw oysters and ceviche, although you could argue whether ceviche is cooked or not. I don't see a problem with consuming raw seafood unless you have immunity system problems.

Stuff I won't eat--bananas, prunes, syrup, marshmallows

A lot of people can't stomach tofu, but I love it in Hot and Sour Soup.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bananas are one of my favorites foods! Quite possibly, one of nature's most perfect foods!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I agree, Sherman. Bananas are a great source of vitamins and minerals for just a few calories. I wish that I did like them, but I just don't. The smell...gag, the texture...gag, those slimy little strings....gag :yuk:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Spinach unless it is fresh picked in a salad. When it is cooked it reminds me of ensilage that you feed cows. I love SPAM and do without other things for a day if i eat it. I detest coconut in anything. Hate skim milk but have gotten used to 2%.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Spinach unless it is fresh picked in a salad. When it is cooked it reminds me of ensilage that you feed cows. I love SPAM and do without other things for a day if i eat it. I detest coconut in anything. Hate skim milk but have gotten used to 2%.

Bill, I may be your lost twin brother! That's my list too!

To add to our list theres a lot of "fancy" greens in salads that I have to move to the side of the plate. Looks too much like stuff I spend a lot of time and money every year trying to kill in the yard and pasture.

Slimy okra is close to the top of my list. "The only good okra is a fried okra."

Jim

Shermie

Site Supporter
I agree, Sherman. Bananas are a great source of vitamins and minerals for just a few calories. I wish that I did like them, but I just don't. The smell...gag, the texture...gag, those slimy little strings....gag :yuk:

Thanx!

Not to mention that they, along with oranges and grapefuit, are an excellent source of potassium! :bonk:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I like Spam and onion sandwiches personally as well as fried Spam sometimes with eggs in the morning. It is also very popular Hawaii and often added to some of their traditional dishes also.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No raw clams for me, but raw oysters I can eat forever.

Funny I love steamed clams but could eat an oyster. Now liver as far as I'm concerned there isn't enough onions on the planet to make it taste good to me. However I will eat liver when added to other foods such as boudan or dirty rice go figure.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
two things I eat but never order in a restaurant:

lobster
liver

liver, done right, is really very tasty. most people hate it so much they won't even cook it right...

prep your fired onions
calf's liver, fresh, never frozen, lightly salted/peppered
hot heavy saute pan in a bit of oil/butter
2-3 minutes first side
flip
add onions
2 minutes second side

do not over cook - that is the usual error

and overcooked, yeah - it's lousy.

joec

Gold Site Supporter

lobster
liver

liver, done right, is really very tasty. most people hate it so much they won't even cook it right...

prep your fired onions
2-3 minutes first side
flip
add onions
2 minutes second side

I won't order Lobster out either however I do make it a couple a year at home and it must be alive when as won't touch the frozen stuff. It has become my annual birthday dinner.

As for liver I can't even walk in the house when my family is making it. The smell alone turns me off but then it also tastes to me like is smells and I won't describe it here but you all will have smelled the odor I am talking about. However as I said liver added as an ingredient in some dishes is a must have but in boudan it is boiled 1 lb of pork liver to 4 lbs of pork shoulder. Cooked with a lot of aromatics items from green onions to peppers. Then the cooked stuff is ground mixed followed by mixing with rise at which point more green onions and seasoning put into sausage casings. At that point you can boil and eat or dry and later grill, boil etc. Love the stuff especially the hot stuff version.

Shermie

Site Supporter

lobster
liver

prep your fired onions
2-3 minutes first side
flip
add onions
2 minutes second side

I once ordered a whole lobster at a seafood restaurant and had to fight with the thing to get at all the meat in the claws and laegs!! :yuk:

I will NEVER order a whole lobster again!! Next time, I'll just get the tail, because the meat slides out easily!! :heart:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Margerine - That's a word that has not been in my house for a while. Someone told DW that it was one molecule away from plastic. That was the end of that.

True or not, I liek the taste of butter much better and I do not eat much of that, so, I use it (butter) exclusively.