What are you doing today?

Saliha

Be carefull with gardening then - the gardening madness might goes to the serious levels. This is idea from my friend from Thailand who has limited space for pots in his garden - so he made "vertical pots garden".

image_zpsa7041362.jpg

image_zps2a0a727f.jpg

:bonk:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I would love to have fresh herbs but we live in a condo and don't have a lot of room. We use mostly chives and parsley. Would you have any suggestions?

Do a search for: diy vertical garden made with a pallet

They look really good and should be simple to make. I had a pallet left over from my grass project and gave it away :pat: .

Ian M.

Saliha, your vertical pot garden looks wonderful. Ideas abound! Thanks for the super ideas to work with.

Ian M.

rocket_j_dawg

We just got back from the garden center and I found an herb planter with 7 different herbs. Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Chives, Curly Parsley and Flat Parsley. And I picked up a "Bush Champion" tomato plant. Thanks again Saliha. I never thought about container gardening.

photo1_zpsea6b76e2.jpg

photo2_zps4f381ec2.jpg

Leni

I don't know if they are available there but you can grow tomatoes and strawberries in hanging pots designed for them.

rocket_j_dawg

I was just out giving my tiny garden some water and I noticed that I also have mint. Woohoo.......Mojitos.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

Leni

If you are not careful the mint will take over everything. It should be put into a separate pot. I've seen it take over an entire yard.

Saliha

^^ Yes I agree. Mints make the same also in the garden - they spread all over the garden without any sense.

Embryodad

Today is work on the car day....Got the dreaded ABS / ASR light on the dash! Grrrrrrr!!!

Yesterday was fix and adjust the lawn tractor, and get it ready for cuttin the grass.

We celebrated a dual party last night. Mothers Day and Son Jims Birthday, at a California Pizza Kitchen place. He picked the spot, and he was happy! That's all that counts.

BTW... Here, we celebrated Mother's Day Up on the Farm too!

Embryodad

Today was perfect for working on the darn cars braking system.....
I was glad to find the problem with the ABS / ASR system, and it only cost me some time, and $18.44 for a stupid Brake Pedal Switch; which was the culprit in the system. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Then the guy next doors A/C cooling system on his Mercedes was not working.
I fixed that, and got that cooling like a champion. Now his wife will be very happy!
Gotta keep the women happy!....

rocket_j_dawg

Just got back from the marina where we keep our boat. Summer has started and another boating season has begun. Boat cooking is different than cooking at home.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday when I fired up my a/c nothing happened. Found it had blown a 3 amp fuse on the circuit board. Replaced it and blew right away. Hunted like mad for a short. After being inside and out at the unit I found a mouse had chewed the T-stat wire to the outside unit inside the 10" block wall. Pulled it out and taped it up so the wires were not shorting and it runs like a champ now. Needed it today especially as it is 84 and humid as hell.

Embryodad

Yesterday when I fired up my a/c nothing happened. Found it had blown a 3 amp fuse on the circuit board. Replaced it and blew right away. Hunted like mad for a short. After being inside and out at the unit I found a mouse had chewed the T-stat wire to the outside unit inside the 10" block wall. Pulled it out and taped it up so the wires were not shorting and it runs like a champ now. Needed it today especially as it is 84 and humid as hell.

Boy that was lucky that you found the short. Wow!
Lucky that there was a control fuse. That fuse saves the transformer from cooking up nice and crispy.

I had the same thing happen, but it was a short from a staple that cut into the low voltage wire going out to the condensing unit.
The DD's X was insulating the cellar wall, and he fired a staple from the staple gun with a Non Insulated staples. Well one of them cut in to the wires and shorted it.

DD gives me a call at work, and said Dad,"There is no A/C and the house smells funny. LOL.... It cooked the 24Volt Transformer crispy. LOL
It was easier to run a new wire, than remove the insulation to find the short and possibly more just waiting to happen.

The maintenance on the A/c systems is on the agenda for this week.
The bedroom is a split Fujitsu System .... that one is easy, but the main area is a split overhead, with the dang air handler in the attic. No standing either. It's a pain crawling on the old rotted knees; and even with knee pads. Grrrrrrrr!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's that time of the year:

Kitlets.jpg

My heart tells me to go get the mama some food, but my head tells me not to mess with them. I really don't know if she's somebody's cat that got po'd and moved her kittens, or if she is a stray. I watched her pad along the fence line with a mouthful of something several times. Now I know what all those sneaky little trips were all about.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Dealing with a whole bunch of flooded and washed out roads today. Sure glad I rebuilt my water diverters before the rain hit. One of our main roads was blocked by water for a few hours today and the only way around it had a washout at the bridge. It is finally going down but the road crews will be busy tomorrow.

Leni

I'm staying inside. It is as hot as it was yesterday. The Santa Ana is gone, just a medium breeze but we've been told to stay indoors because the smoke is getting blown up here. Too hot out there to do anything outside anyhow. Close to 100 degrees.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We are down to 34 and they predict frost for the next 2 nights. I need to pull honey and spin it. The new bees seem like they are doing well but these cold nights will be hard for them and slow down their comb building. The rain washed a bunch of the pollen and flowers down but more will be coming. I am glad we did not put anything out in the garden yet except peas and onions.

rocket_j_dawg

We are up at the boat this long Victoria Day weekend. Not going to venture out as there is still a lot of logs and debris in the water. The locks just opened yesterday so most of that stuff should be cleared out in a week or so.
Well, back to buffing and cleaning.

Embryodad

Today was flood the tub day.

The wife was filling the bath tub, and was talking on the phone while it filled.
It overflowed and gallons of water landed in the bedroom below.
Mattress and box spring soaked.
Carpeting,,.....soaked.

I'm doing damage control now.

Leni

What happened to the overflow outlet? Was the water coming in faster than it could drain? Sounds like a nice mess.

Embryodad

What happened to the overflow outlet? Was the water coming in faster than it could drain? Sounds like a nice mess.
exactly... The overflow is a joke the way they make them today. Small opening on the bottom so it is not seen and looks fancy.
Also...the tub shower unit is a high flow rate system. Tina wanted super high flow and pressure when I installed the bathroom.

What Tina was doing, is she was filling the tub ( whirlpoot jet tub ) so she could sanitize the pump and power jets with chlorine.
I hate the thing. I can't wait to rip it out.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today was flood the tub day.

The wife was filling the bath tub, and was talking on the phone while it filled.
It overflowed and gallons of water landed in the bedroom below.
Mattress and box spring soaked.
Carpeting,,.....soaked.

I'm doing damage control now.

That's horrible. I bet Tina was so upset with herself. On the brighter side, I bet she won't do that again. I hate those jetted tubs too. :idea:You can come rip mine out when you rip yours.:idea: